Favorite Villian from class stories or single story content and why?

Swingkittie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Harkun because of the neat way your perception of him changes from your experience on Korriban to when you return to him to get your own apprentice.

At the end of my own trials, I hated him and was mad I didn't get to kill him, but when I went back to him, I was really glad I had such a jerk overseer to make it hard for my acolytes so I could get the strongest apprentice possible. I don't think this change in perception was unique to me nor do I think it was accidental. I feel like they do a great job of showing you the alternative perceptions and why the Sith actually want a guy like Harkun at the academy.

This was A+ writing in my opinion.

I have to say Harkun because of the neat way your perception of him changes from your experience on Korriban to when you return to him to get your own apprentice.

At the end of my own trials, I hated him and was mad I didn't get to kill him, but when I went back to him, I was really glad I had such a jerk overseer to make it hard for my acolytes so I could get the strongest apprentice possible. I don't think this change in perception was unique to me nor do I think it was accidental. I feel like they do a great job of showing you the alternative perceptions and why the Sith actually want a guy like Harkun at the academy.

I agree, Overseer Harkun is despicable but that's the point of a Sith Overseer, otherwise your Acolytes will eventually grow weak.

you actually can kill him . when you get back for Xalek , you'll have a chance to do it if you pick the right dialogue . I know , I made a new Sorc (never have enough of them *ahem*) just to kill him . was GLORIOUS!

you actually can kill him . when you get back for Xalek , you'll have a chance to do it if you pick the right dialogue . I know , I made a new Sorc (never have enough of them *ahem*) just to kill him . was GLORIOUS!

I know you have the option to kill him in Act 3. I’m saying that I wanted to kill him in Act 1, but when I came back in Act 3 I didn’t want to anymore. In fact, I found myself appreciating his harsh approach in Act 3.

I think it’s realky fascinating how the story allows your perspective to change.

Edited by RDeanOU

I know you have the option to kill him in Act 3. I’m saying that I wanted to kill him in Act 1, but when I cane back in Act 3 I didn’t want to anymore. In fact, I found myself appreciating his harsh approach in Act 3.

I think it’s realky fascinating how the story allows your perspective to change.

but he is Thanathon lackey! kill it with fire !

I'm going to chime in that so far after playing about half the character stories (SW, BH, JC, and Smuggler) that I've never wanted to kill with my own hands any antagonist more than Jedi Master Jun Seros. This is as a fan who loves the Jedi but from the POV of a Mando BH, that Jedi was the most deserving of death of any NPC. Hell... by Act 3, I was ready to start up a new war against the entire Jedi Order! LOL!

Zash, it left me wishing for a way to let her win and let my player character become Zash, or at least let me continue to find another suitable body for her.

couldn't wait to off Hunter though, I never found out about the gender thing until i read about it elsewhere because I killed him/her before that happened.

Edited by Marcxsw

Skavak from Smuggler. Tarro from Hunter. Zash from Inquisitor.

I wish both Skavak and Tarro lasted until chapter 3! They did good with the hate there.

Zash, you knew she was going to betray you and I liked how her's was. I even like to believe she did care for the Inquisitor, just not enough to risk her life for. Could totally buy that line.

I wish there was a way to replace her with Khem, besides the storyline we are given for her. Get her a new body. She takes over Khem. In fact, I wish if you did the option of "Let you both fight it out" that it would've been a 50/50 chance you'd get stuck with one or the other. :)

First Son got some emotions, but I think he could've been better played than they did. Seen him more and all. Maybe even have him have been your master from the beginning.

ya, I pretty much felt the same about Hunter. I didn't care if it was male, female or whatever. All I cared was that it was trying to kill me :eek: = so I got it first.:D

Agent story was the worst for me and the unnecessary twist with Hunter was a great example of why I didn’t like it. Plot twists just for the sake of themselves make a story convoluted and silly. The Agent story was just trying way too hard.

he was loyale to Thanathon . Not to the Sith Inquisitor .

He was loyal (as much as a Sith can be) to Darth Thanaton above a slave sith for sure. However, once you show up again, he's just as loyal to you.

It's not like he couldn't have told Thanaton "Hey, you know that sith you hate...she/he is here, looking for an apprentice."

His job is to train new sith and like all sith, he will have his prejudices.

He was loyal (as much as a Sith can be) to Darth Thanaton above a slave sith for sure. However, once you show up again, he's just as loyal to you.

It's not like he couldn't have told Thanaton "Hey, you know that sith you hate...she/he is here, looking for an apprentice."

His job is to train new sith and like all sith, he will have his prejudices.

he actually does . That's when you get to kill him LOL

And he still held prejudice against our character . He even slip and almost call us 'SLave' again . And the fact that Zash had to remind him of her 'power'..tell me , he wasn't so loyal toward everyone . Just Thanathon .

So no , I dont think he is loyal to us . And honestly I wouldnt want him . I rather just kill him :D

he actually does . That's when you get to kill him LOL

And he still held prejudice against our character . He even slip and almost call us 'SLave' again . And the fact that Zash had to remind him of her 'power'..tell me , he wasn't so loyal toward everyone . Just Thanathon .

So no , I dont think he is loyal to us . And honestly I wouldnt want him . I rather just kill him :D

I did say as loyal as a Sith can be. Most sith are less loyal and more suck ups, waiting for their chance at power.

• 3 weeks later...

Thana Vesh from Imperial Taris is a great one, because she's on your side but plays as a rival, trying to undermine you at every turn.

I also really enjoy almost all of the original Havoc members in the Trooper story.

Baras and Rakton are definitely my favorite Final Bosses, with Baras having the greatest overall payoff.

My first Warrior was an alien, and from the beginning was offended by Tremmell's racist undertones and celebrated Baras's open-mindedness. I played the whole story as his loyal lapdog, fulfilling every assignment with exactness and praising him at every turn. When he turned on me, it was a harsh reality, and even at the end I fought him, it was a harsh lesson where I finally had to accept that I was serving as the Emperor's Wrath, not Baras's, and I could no longer subjugate myself to him.

Second run through as a Warrior, I took to heart that Baras comment from the beginning about how Tremmell saw me as family. That time I spared Tremmell, sought to undermine Baras at every turn, building up my own network of spies, sparing anyone who made promises or would live in debt to me. Baras hated me, and by the end, crushing him was very satisfying. Both methods of approaching Baras were great fun, which means he is a truly well written story.

Valkorian and Arcann- I never felt connected to any of the villains I faced as the SI. I love the SI story but I felt like something was missing from Zash and Thanaton. Like there were missing scenes or something. It was hard to buy the relationship with them. And I only liked Zash after she was inside Khem (I choose to help her keep the body). I never understood my SI's subconscious "desire" to have Thanaton view him like his child. Or Zash liking me. All I did was run errands for them and then they tried to kill me.

With Valkorian, I at least had time to talk to him, whether I trusted him or not I got a chance to develop and define my SI's relationship with him and I even wanted him to be my SI's father even though I didn't trust him. especially when he tells the Outlander that he is a part of him he wishes to keep. I sort of thought it was leading to that reveal.

Arcann- I wanted him dead but I also felt bad for him and was able to express that. With Arcann, he was jealous of me but it also wasn't personal. Actually, I agree with Arcann wanting to kill my SI or lock him away until Valkorian could be killed. Valkorian was too dangerous to just let roam about, even in my SI's head. It's hard to take it personal with him and I don't care nearly enough about the Empire or Republic to care if he was bombing them to sh*t.

There are 2 villians who got under my skin. One I hate deeply, while the other I mostly sympathise with:

The one I truly hate is Revan. I simply never got over the idea, that Revan was revmaped as anything in this game. While he was in KotoR, I liked for him being that shady persona, and it was a great moment, when I found out, my toon was Revan in the flesh. The way he was during KotoR he was perfect. The way he was portraied during KotoR 2 was also interesting. But when I encountered the first time the Revanites, it turned me so off, I wanted to destroy everything that have any bondancy with Revan. During The Flashpoint "The Foundry" I still freak out while fighting him. ...I deeply despise him! And I was very angry back them during Shadow of Revan, after fighting him and not being able to kill him by myself. This goes deep and very personal for me.

The other villian that got under my skin is Valkorion. Wile I was never a big fan of Vitiate, I began during the Eternal Empire storyplot to sympathise with Valkorion. He is a very interesting man. Only now I began to understand why he was the way he is. He is extremly charismatic and the worst that could happen is at some point you have to sympathise with him. I simply can't have a grudge on him. At any point I knew he is going to betray me, he is going to use me, pervert my decisions, yet I liked him. At the end, fighting him did not feel right. It was no hate nor rage behind my emotions. I just felt sad, that I am loosing one of the best dialogue partners in the game. Fighting him in any way, was the reason to play my main. Loosing him, was loosing my drive. He was kinda the Joker to my Batman. The one can not exist without the other.