I'm done.

dylraycarp

Alright Bioware, time and time again you've tried to get me to stop playing this game with one ****** patch after another. But I think im gonna have to finally call it quits this time. Nerfing one of the only classes in the game that was genuinely balanced while leaving things like Arsenal and Immortal untouched, not just that but then making it 10x harder to level another character with the change to the dailies why would anyone want to spend even more time leveling some fotm class with the now 75 cxp dailies. Sometimes I wonder why this great game died, then patches like this answer that question for me. :(

Alright Bioware, time and time again you've tried to get me to stop playing this game with one ****** patch after another. But I think im gonna have to finally call it quits this time. Nerfing one of the only classes in the game that was genuinely balanced while leaving things like Arsenal and Immortal untouched, not just that but then making it 10x harder to level another character with the change to the dailies why would anyone want to spend even more time leveling some fotm class with the now 75 cxp dailies. Sometimes I wonder why this great game died, then patches like this answer that question for me. :(

Because there are easier ways to level a character through GC then dailies currently. (and the bug that they just fixed needed to be fixed, Dailies gave more then Ops tokens). Do PvP, GSF, Operations. Plenty of ways to get easy CXP if you need it. heck I have 11 Rank 300 characters (3 of which were from the dailies). So it's not that hard to rank up a character.

Because there are easier ways to level a character through GC then dailies currently. (and the bug that they just fixed needed to be fixed, Dailies gave more then Ops tokens). Do PvP, GSF, Operations. Plenty of ways to get easy CXP if you need it. heck I have 11 Rank 300 characters (3 of which were from the dailies). So it's not that hard to rank up a character.

That doesn't justify the deception nerf though. That nerf is typical bioware overkill. Maybe it needed to be toned down a bit, but bioware only knows extremes. Either make people really happy or super pissed, and its been the latter far more often lately.

That doesn't justify the deception nerf though. That nerf is typical bioware overkill. Maybe it needed to be toned down a bit, but bioware only knows extremes. Either make people really happy or super pissed, and its been the latter far more often lately.

Almost every class got nerfed however, not just that spec, We all just deal with it. (I had all 3 of my raid characters nerfed as of today. Sniper, Healing sorc, healing Merc). If I had to guess (and that is all this is), I'd say they did it so when they bring out the NiM bosses for Gods of the machine they'll bring out 254 gear. That's why I think they nerfed almost 3/4 of the specs.

Every MMO has Nerfs/buffs come out (this game is slower then most for those), but most MMO players learn to adapt, and learn the new class.

Edited by Toraak

i sometimes read stuff on forums that make me think if people just want to vent.

1 - utilities are going to start to be adressed in upcoming patches.

2 - i would say deception sin was in a good place before the nerf, but the nerf certainly didnt kill the spec, and in fact it was brought in line (for good or bad) with what they adressed. fury and carnage are in much more need of balancing.

3 - can i have your stuff?

2 - i would say deception sin was in a good place before the nerf, but the nerf certainly didnt kill the spec, and in fact it was brought in line (for good or bad) with what they adressed. fury and carnage are in much more need of balancing.

Except they were just "balanced" and yet here we are. I think a certain amount of frustration from deception players (and anni players for that matter) is entirely justified.

Edited by nyrkverse

Except they were just "balanced" and yet here we are. I think a certain amount of frustration from deception players (and anni players for that matter) is entirely justified.

hey im totally with you on that point - but - the doom sayers usually speak of how useless the class is and how its not capable of performing at higher lvls, which i dont agree - im pretty sure deception sin is capable of performing like 99% of content in this game - other classes can be overpowered?some yes but there are definitly worse classes - it has always been like this since 1.0.

the fact is that people have a bad time when BW touches their classes, but that is usually the product of people only playing one class.

heck i use to do that from when i started to play the game until the end of 3.0 fixing only on mara and sentinel, after that i starting to play other classes and i have lots of fun doing it - and the positive thing is that it brought me versatility to play other roles and see the game thru diferent eyes.

I think the nerf for deception hurts for PvE, but my first love is the PvP so that's really where I want to speak, and these nerfs are way too much. No matter what BW currently has the game being, the infiltration shadow was designed as a glass cannon...a powerful bursty class that, if played well, could decimate an opponent, but it's also a class that had no chance in a sustained fight... that was the design. Over the years, they have upped the damage, defenses, and mobility of the other classes, thus removing our burstiness and ability for quick kills, yet we shadows still have our inherent disadvantages, which they haven't addressed, and in fact exacerbated. They finally killed us in 5.5. Edited by Kirtastropohe

hey im totally with you on that point - but - the doom sayers usually speak of how useless the class is and how its not capable of performing at higher lvls, which i dont agree - im pretty sure deception sin is capable of performing like 99% of content in this game - other classes can be overpowered?some yes but there are definitly worse classes - it has always been like this since 1.0.

the fact is that people have a bad time when BW touches their classes, but that is usually the product of people only playing one class.

heck i use to do that from when i started to play the game until the end of 3.0 fixing only on mara and sentinel, after that i starting to play other classes and i have lots of fun doing it - and the positive thing is that it brought me versatility to play other roles and see the game thru diferent eyes.

oh I agree, we could do with a lot less doomsaying, all around. All it ever does is getting in the way of legitimate criticisms and concerns.

I think the nerf for deception hurts for PvE, but my first love is the PvP so that's really where I want to speak, and these nerfs are way too much. No matter what BW currently has the game being, the infiltration shadow was designed as a glass cannon...a powerful bursty class that, if played well, could decimate an opponent, but it's also a class that had no chance in a sustained fight... that was the design. Over the years, they have upped the damage, defenses, and mobility of the other classes, thus removing our burstiness and ability for quick kills, yet we shadows still have our inherent disadvantages, which they haven't addressed, and in fact exacerbated. They finally killed us in 5.5.

Totally agree.

Btw, if you guys want numbers for pve.

I can say I mastered Deception in pve and where I used to parse 10500 on average, now I do 9600.

Even worse, 1k less in ops (which is a lot different than a dummy) is HUGE.

Edited by TheDramaKing

Care to elaborate?

Also, what's that about Arsenal and Immortal?

They nerfed arsenal damage, did u suffer brain damage recently?

Edited by invertioN

except when it comes to Mercs still OP as all hell

i sometimes read stuff on forums that make me think if people just want to vent.

It is TEN months after the disaster of Merc utilities. What exactly are they waiting for?

When the forums were whining about PT skank tank or the Operative opening, BW fixed it in 2 months.

Almost everyone is complaining about merc imbalance for the previous 10 months and BW looks the other way.

Just re-arrange some utilities to be mutually inaccessible. Is neither difficult nor CHANGING the utils ffs; Doesn't need that much consideration. For someone that plays the game...

Edited by Aetideus

As a deception lover myself I can say that it was a bit too OP...

And if you play vs a deception, they opened on you and you were down to 50% or less with 2 or 3hits if you weren't prepared or couldn't react in time. That's massive burst.. and they shut it down.

At the moment they are still good, but aren't as deadly as before.

• 2 weeks later...

And if you play vs a deception, they opened on you and you were down to 50% or less with 2 or 3hits if you weren't prepared or couldn't react in time. That's massive burst.. and they shut it down.

You are also the one that runs a Mara like this for pvp:

A the moment I use

7033 Mastery

8645 Endurance

4433 Power

1575 Crit

1038 Alacrity

885 11% Accuracy

This is what I use at the moment for Fury and Annihilation and it kinda works especially for Annihilation. Might change as I try new things on parsley dummy.

I use these for PVP.

So you will excuse me if your opinion can't be considered serious.

You are also the one that runs a Mara like this for pvp:

So you will excuse me if your opinion can't be considered serious.

Yeah... first of all if you want prove a point please feel free to post some informative arguments as to why that mara set up doesn't work. It worked and works for me so...

And considering your post about sins, I don't think you can be taken seriously either. The spec is still competitive.

Maybe stop whining and play the game instead ?

Edited by DavidAtkinson

The truth! ;)

I'll just copy what has been said on the discord for assassins/shadow yesterday (yep, this discord exist, you should go here from time to times, bunch of nice folks).

The discussion was about the recent trend in solo ranked called «kill sin to win», where someone argued about the «OP» aspect of Deception while comparing it to AP Powertech.

Keep in mind that what was better with sin over PT was the fact that they have stealth (cannot be targeted first) and have (soon had) a DR that prevented them from being killed on a simple hardswap, because they are in light armor, hence are way less resistant than PT by default.

You talked about cc toolkit for Deception, keep in mind that PT also have Carbonize, probably the best cc available in pvp, still a cc don't prevent you from being globaled. Our main advantage in PvP (really strong burst, forcing the opponent to burn defensive) has been removed, we still hurts, but aren't capable of the same pressure as before.

Deception might seems OP when you play against good players, but the only real strenght of the class was the burst it had. Now, with our Discharge having crits as high as those on a tracer missil, the burst isn't exactly here anymore. We're still extremely vulnerable to any electronet (lulz, cannot be shielded) or plasma probe that comes around, our burst isn't that efficient right now and we're still in light armor. The only thing we still have is good DR granted by utility/passive and, like I said earlier, our stealth, which prevent us from taking a direct focus until we attack first. With BW wanting to remove those DR, then we'll be as vulnerable as any PT or Jugg around, who still won't be fixed :/

Edited by supertimtaf

Since this nerf, my desire to PvP has disappeared. I tried serenity, it's not my style. I felt I was not helping during matches as much in serenity, so I went back to infiltration. Either way, every WZ feels like a waste of time. Yes, I can help objectives as infiltration shadow, but I really feel this damage nerf hurts my ability to defeat people in combat. Burst is gone, and without burst, we really don't have a purpose (when it comes to combat, in general).

I don't ever claim to be the best shadow, but I'm not the worst. I'd say I'm above average to average, and isn't average where most players will fall within any class? I don't think changes to classes should be made because of things the ultrabest might be able to do with a class, especially when the changes are based on damage parse metrics on a dummy or whatever their target is. I think changes should be made based on how the experience for most players is influenced. And my experience, which is probably indicative of many, is that PvP is not fun in this game. This is a major problem that they have made worse.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

Since this nerf, my desire to PvP has disappeared. I tried serenity, it's not my style. I felt I was not helping during matches as much in serenity, so I went back to infiltration. Either way, every WZ feels like a waste of time. Yes, I can help objectives as infiltration shadow, but I really feel this damage nerf hurts my ability to defeat people in combat. Burst is gone, and without burst, we really don't have a purpose (when it comes to combat, in general).

I don't ever claim to be the best shadow, but I'm not the worst. I'd say I'm above average to average, and isn't average where most players will fall within any class? I don't think changes to classes should be made because of things the ultrabest might be able to do with a class, especially when the changes are based on damage parse metrics on a dummy or whatever their target is. I think changes should be made based on how the experience for most players is influenced. And my experience, which is probably indicative of many, is that PvP is not fun in this game. This is a major problem that they have made worse.

Coming from someone who plays Anni Marauder quite often in PVP, I can assure you that it's all in your head. ;)

You know that your spec got nerfed and now you are obsessing about it and not feel very motivated to play it anymore while not noticing that Deception is still very potent.

I used to be a big assasin fan and I played the deception for like 2 years in PVP and I put it to rest becuase I got bored and started a mara.

I went back to see how it is after the nerf and to me surprise, it's still very potent even though you can feel the slight burst loss.

So hang in there. It's still very good.

Coming from someone who plays Anni Marauder quite often in PVP, I can assure you that it's all in your head. ;)

You know that your spec got nerfed and now you are obsessing about it and not feel very motivated to play it anymore while not noticing that Deception is still very potent.

I used to be a big assasin fan and I played the deception for like 2 years in PVP and I put it to rest becuase I got bored and started a mara.

I went back to see how it is after the nerf and to me surprise, it's still very potent even though you can feel the slight burst loss.

So hang in there. It's still very good.

I can assure you that Infil/ Decep does not put out enough damage anymore to be viable in 1v1's. In normal WZs I used to pull about 2.5-3k dps per WZ. Now I barely pull 2k, While guardians are hitting numbers like 5k dps. Last night I played on my guardian for the first time in months, in focus spec, and hit a 36k crit in 230 gear. The highest crit I ever hit on my Shadow was 30k, and I've only seen that number once out of him. The nerf to shadow's was unjustified, and now they're going to be giving focus a defensive buff. When will it end? They're killing the fun of the game.

So, after reading the utility changes, I repeat, we are screwed as infiltration. Now we don't get stun DR on top of it all? Some guardians INCREASED defensive ability? Changes to Merc do not go far enough and they will still be OP. Just a few of the niceties of the new utility changes. They have really screwed us, and I'm disgusted with the devs.