Maintenance: September 4th, 2014

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

On September 4th, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform maintenance. Patch 2.9d will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Thursday, September 4th, 2014

Duration: 3 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM GMT) - 6AM PDT (1PM GMT)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by TaitWatson

Inb4someAPACplayercomplainsaboutthesamethingeverymaintenanceday

Thxforcancellingbothourraidnightsthisweekbw.

Seriously tho, you have to see it from our point of view, yes we are the minority, yes we are going to be the least affected... But that is 4 nights within 10 days now. So i think we have the right to be pissed off :mad:

All I can say is the amount of downtime on the final week of NiM power buff for Dread Palace is a massive let down. It should be delayed as compensation at the very least. So many raiding guilds desperately trying to get the kill will now likely miss out. What a waste.

Shocking; someone discovered another Strongholds exploit!

It becomes pretty obvious when you get six hours into a new week and a guild already has over a million points....

Well they accidentally made one of the conquest rewards repeatable that wasn't repeatable the last 2 times we did this. And CZ198 has pretty much nothing going for it too.

As for APAC players, no APAC players should have Tuesday night as raid night - after 10pm, lockouts reset, and Tuesday is the night that is always targeted for maintenance.

But when they decide not to do maintenance on a Tuesday night and do it instead on a Thursday night it annoys me. Cause Thursday night is a reasonable night to pick for raids.

But seriously, 8-11pm maintenance?

COME ON!

Could at least do it 2 hours earlier (1AM - 4AM PDT) and that way we get servers back at 9pm and aren't completely screwed over.

Look, I love you guys, APAC players. But... Is it REALLY needed to complain that your raid is interrupted when the game itself is lagging to hell and in some cases, unplayable? Because I'm pretty sure that if they don't fix the issues, your raid won't happen as intended anyway.

Is it that wrong to want maintenance to happen 2 hours earlier? :p

Haha, that is just laughable. We are now at the fourth unplanned maintenance following a patch, which makes 2.9 the most buggiest release since 1.1.5, where we got five unplanned maintenances (up to 1.1.5e). You'd think that they would have taken a closer look at the upcoming conquest events to make sure there are no bugs left, but it looks like only the players are capable of finding the exploits.

My guess on what they are fixing:

• Increasing server stability
  • Adding a title and achievement for conquering CZ-198
  • Adding the Economy objectives, with bonuses when invading CZ-198

But why even do a hotfix - the damage is already done, and all they are doing is angering the APAC and graveyard shift players even more. Guilds already picked their planet, so they won't just go to CZ-198 just because the devs magically added more objectives to it. And the guilds that already picked CZ-198 will all be affected by these objectives equally. Fixing the objectives won't change much of the scoreboard positions, just increase the total points of all guilds.

Oh well, I am sure the higher-ups will soon put a stop to this when we continue to get an unplanned hotfix each week, and make sure that we get more QA testing. :)

Edited by Jerba

Shocking; someone discovered another Strongholds exploit!

It becomes pretty obvious when you get six hours into a new week and a guild already has over a million points....

6 hours? One of the Pub side guilds had over a million points within 6 minutes of the event starting, and only 8 players online. I guess they queued up a heck of a lot of crafting?

Edited by Solloby

That only works if I'd be offended by it.

Protip: I wouldn't.

Here's how it would go for most people if US servers went down like that:

Step 1: Notice Servers are down.

Step 2: Do something else until servers return.

Step 3: Play SWTOR.

Now, here's how it would go for the vocal players who like to complain about their "suffering" on forums:

Step 1: Notice servers are down.

Step 2: Complain on forums and/or Reddit.

Step 3: Continue to complain long after servers come back up.

Here's how it would go for most people if US servers went down like that:

Step 1: Notice Servers are down.

Step 2: Do something else until servers return.

Step 3: Play SWTOR.

Now, here's how it would go for the vocal players who like to complain about their "suffering" on forums:

Step 2: Complain on forums and/or Reddit.

Step 3: Continue to complain long after servers come back up.

Actually, if I recall correctly from when I played a big MMO based in Japan, our downtime went something like this:

Step 2: Fire up City of Heroes instead.

Step 3: Remember to check periodically for maintenance to complete.

Step 4: Start downloading new patch while continuing to play City of Heroes.

Step 5: After being pulled into a really long mission arc, get a tell from your JP guild leader demanding that you log back in to to the proper game and get back to work.

Step 6: Log back in and get back to work.