Need help with interface editor!

Ixilator

Ok so I'm not a new player, but I couldn't figure out where else to put this. Earlier today I edited my interface and moved the light side/darkside toggle up to the top of my screen. Problem is, I didn't realize that where I moved it to it covers up some of the warzone info panels. Now whenever I go into the interface editor there is nothing to click on for that ls/ds toggle, I can't move it anymore!

Clearly I did something wrong or I am just plain stupid, help me please?

Ok so I'm not a new player, but I couldn't figure out where else to put this. Earlier today I edited my interface and moved the light side/darkside toggle up to the top of my screen. Problem is, I didn't realize that where I moved it to it covers up some of the warzone info panels. Now whenever I go into the interface editor there is nothing to click on for that ls/ds toggle, I can't move it anymore!

Did you save over the "default" UI? If not, you can load the default UI and basically start over recreating your custom UI.

If you did overwrite the default UI with your custom UI...shame on you. BUT that saved UI MIGHT be stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles. If you move the files from that folder to some totally different location (like the recycle bin; AKA delete the files), then launch the game, it will have no choice but to recreate and use the default UI.

Did you save over the "default" UI? If not, you can load the default UI and basically start over recreating your custom UI.

If you did overwrite the default UI with your custom UI...shame on you. BUT that saved UI MIGHT be stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles. If you move the files from that folder to some totally different location (like the recycle bin; AKA delete the files), then launch the game, it will have no choice but to recreate and use the default UI.

I'm using a UI i downloaded off the internet somewhere that i've since HEAVILY modified. I spose I could go back to default and move everything around to where it is now, but damn thats a lot of work >.<

Spose it's better than nothing, thanks!

Update! I was messing around and I finally figured out I can move the WZ score cards! I still cant seem to touch the alignment toggle anymore, but with the score cards moved my problem is solved!

You can edit your custom UI in a text editor (Notepad won't do, but Wordpad works) You can either delete the "ChosenAlignmentToggleWindow" entry, change the "anchorYOffset" value until you can move the toggle again, or restore the enty's default values:

<ChosenAlignmentToggleWindow>
	<anchorXOffset Type="3" Value="-340.000000" />
	<anchorAlignment Type="3" Value="5.000000" />
	<anchorYOffset Type="3" Value="-63.000000" />
	<VerticalDisplay Type="2" Value="0" />
	<scale Type="3" Value="0.900000" />
	<enabled Type="2" Value="1" />
	<alpha Type="3" Value="100.000000" />
	<Rotation Type="3" Value="0.000000" />
</ChosenAlignmentToggleWindow>

Edited by Mubrak

Update! I was messing around and I finally figured out I can move the WZ score cards! I still cant seem to touch the alignment toggle anymore, but with the score cards moved my problem is solved!
I have no idea if this would work, but.....

Try setting your game resolution to something higher than what it is now - like if it's 1920x1080, set it to 2560x1440. This might shrink the GUI so that the elements are away from the edges and you can move the DvL item back towards the center. Then reset the resolution and move the DvL display where you want.

Or conversely, perhaps lowering the rez mght shrink everything towards the middle.

For either of those you might need to save the GUI at some point. Or, of course, it might not work at all. :)

This is funny, I actually just did this today. There's no way to move that stupid DS/LS icon now. All edges of it that allow you to move it on the UI when in editor mode are gone. I placed mine at the top also. UGH. Edited by Lhancelot

This is funny, I actually just did this today. There's no way to move that stupid DS/LS icon now. All edges of it that allow you to move it on the UI when in editor mode are gone. I placed mine at the top also. UGH.

The LS/DS buttons have a handle to the upper left, click and drag that to move it. If you placed yours up top so that you can't see the handle, you might still be able to grab it even though you cannot see it. Just try clicking a dragging a few times in the general area where it would be. I had this problem before and I was eventually able to get it down.

Edited by Anduhar

• 2 years later...
I have no idea if this would work, but.....

Try setting your game resolution to something higher than what it is now - like if it's 1920x1080, set it to 2560x1440. This might shrink the GUI so that the elements are away from the edges and you can move the DvL item back towards the center. Then reset the resolution and move the DvL display where you want.

Or conversely, perhaps lowering the rez mght shrink everything towards the middle.

For either of those you might need to save the GUI at some point. Or, of course, it might not work at all. :)

All of this, and, go back to interface editor and choose to "import" the edited interface file you saved.

My son had this same problem when he bought a new laptop. He was finally able to move it, after changing the rotation/orientation to vertical and then click dragging it. Having the mouse pointer offset from the LvsD at like 7or 8 o'clock position (lower left corner of the LvsD item) Seems strange and it took him some time but he able to move it from it's original position and back again.

Good Luck, Ever Forward