Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

So you concede that you cannot create the same look through other pieces. Gotcha.

And the Revan robe in this game is just as canonical as the one in KOTOR. The cartel robe is based on the one in the Foundry, that's the canonical piece they are trying to bring it closer to.

Really? Got a source confirming it's the pretty much identical robe that Revan wears in SWTOR they are trying to get it closer to? Seems pretty clear to me that they mean the original robe, the actual robe, not the reskin.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current version(when fixed) will be the 100% canonical version as REVAN PORTRAYED IN THIS GAME AT LAUNCH.

lol that's not Revan's robe. That's a reskinned item they used to cut costs. Seriously, go play KotOR.

Lol nice doublepost fail.

You want a source? again. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

The phantom and spymaster change. This is about fixing the 3 bugs. not changing it completely to further to ignite a flame war with people who like the current version. Get the hell out of this thread to the cartel market suggestions if you want a caped Revan chest to be put in the game's contraband market.

Edited by Magnusheart

Lol nice doublepost fail.

You want a source? again. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

The phantom and spymaster change. This is about fixing the 3 bugs. not changing it completely to further to ignite a flame war with people who like the current version. Get the hell out of this thread to the cartel market suggestions if you want a caped Revan chest to be put in the game's contraband market.

You seem to be under the impression you speak for everyone and that you are in charge here. As I've said, I'm not going anywhere. Some of us actually respect the lore of this franchise.

Really? Got a source confirming it's the pretty much identical robe that Revan wears in SWTOR they are trying to get it closer to? Seems pretty clear to me that they mean the original robe, the actual robe, not the reskin.

I need a source that the robe he is wearing in game is canon? So he's been wearing a placeholder this whole time?

It's only clear to you because that's what you want it to be. It's not what they said.

You seem to be under the impression you speak for everyone and that you are in charge here. As I've said, I'm not going anywhere. Some of us actually respect the lore of this franchise.

You think the aspect of the game will die if a cape gets added. You need your priorities readjusted.

This isnt about the lore, Idiot, this is about preventing another flame war to further frighten Bioware away from making fixes.

This isn't about Lore. This isn't about making additions, this is about fixing 3 bugs on Revans set to make him how he was before patch 1.5.0 happened.

Edited by Magnusheart

I need a source that the robe he is wearing in game is canon? So he's been wearing a placeholder this whole time?

It's only clear to you because that's what you want it to be. It's not what they said.

Same to you. They did not specify if it was the real version or the reskin.

Again nice doublepost fail.

This isnt about the lore. Idiot, this is about preventing another flame war to further frighten Bioware away from making fixes.

This isn't about Lore. This isn't about making additions, this is about fixing 3 bugs on Revans set to make him how he was before patch 1.5.0 happened.

Edited by Magnusheart

Who said I am not alone here?

The hundreds of people who started and complained about the 1.6.2 classic to supposed to change didn't start fighting about it until it was already done. I am just preemptively trying to stop it from happening. You want a Caped set, why are you so difficult to just go to the suggestion sections of the thread and suggest a new item?

This thread was started because of a bug. They responded about the bug. The robe in game is canon, and "real". He specifically references there being a bug "However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place." They are talking about fixing the bug.

I love you.

This was always just about bug fixes. asking them to do a 180 and completely change the set would warrent an outburst which Bioware does not want to happen again. And I'm trying to save them the migraine.

Edited by Magnusheart

Call it what you want, but as Eric said, most people want the actual robe, not some crappy Inquisitor reskin.

Exactly. A lot of new cartel pack look very similar to how they looked in kotor, while Revan's, the main character's set looks like crap and barely similar. We want canonical appearance.

If they had never released those other Kotor character sets and Eric would not have mentioned changing it in a lot of ways we would not be suggesting this. But since much more minor character got their sets right, we want Revan to have a proper set too.

Adding a cape would start a war, don't you get it through your skull yet?

We're not afraid of no war, bring it on, we're gonna fight it.

Well add the cape. we can recolor the inquisitor robe if we want.

Exactly, get an inquisitor robe which was recoloured and recolour it yourself with dyes in 2.1, but iconic character such as Revan deserves his KOTOR look. And no I don't care about you female's naked belly, just like you don't care about Revan looking properly.

Edited by Aelther

That wont work, Alether, It would turn to a sports bra on female characters unlike Revans current one.

This guy Maven wants to destroy the current version and replace it with a revamp that would have more room for failure to peoples eyes than just fixing what people are used too.

The fight is about keeping the current version un altered outside of its bugs. while letting him suggest a whole new set entirely in a different pack. which he wants to just destroy the current.

That wont work, Alether, It would turn to a sports bra on female characters unlike Revans current one.

This guy Maven wants to destroy the current version and replace it with a revamp that would have more room for failure to peoples eyes than just fixing what people are used too.

The fight is about keeping the current version un altered outside of its bugs. while letting him suggest a whole new set entirely in a different pack. which he wants to just destroy the current.

Point is the so called current Revan's set is not Revan's at all. If they really wanna keep it, then Rename it to some "Robe of inquisition" or whatever and give us a proper set that actually looks like Revan's.

Bioware did the right thing when they fixed those bugged spymaster sets, and if some guys wanna cry because they preferred to have a lazy suit which has no model only textures on naked body then fine. Those sets were not part of any important character's wardrobe. But Revan's robe is a special case and Developer who considers lore to be a very important part should make sure it looks proper, especially when all other Kotor character's sets got more or less unique models.

Point is the so called current Revan's set is not Revan's at all. If they really wanna keep it, then Rename it to some "Robe of inquisition" or whatever and give us a proper set that actually looks like Revan's.

Bioware did the right thing when they fixed those bugged spymaster sets, and if some guys wanna cry because they preferred to have a lazy suit which has no model only textures on naked body then fine. Those sets were not part of any important character's wardrobe. But Revan's robe is a special case and Developer who considers lore to be a very important part should make sure it looks proper, especially when all other Kotor character's sets got more or less unique models.

Then they can make it as a Darth Revans in the cartel market and slap it in shipment 3 of the packs without disturbing the current version.

It all bottles down to people who like the current vs changing the current into something people who have the current would backlash at, as seen with the spymaster and phantom. the only solution is to make a different set.

Edited by Magnusheart

Then do what I said an hour ago and go to the cartel market suggestions thread. -_-" And request a darth revan set that is separate to the current.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

This part is what prevents us from doing that. It's perfectly understandable that you want the current set, but we want the KOTOR-like set, and since Bioware insists on having only 1 version we are forced to fight. Also they are reading this thread and I doubt they read every single suggestion, so we're making suggestions in a thread that we know BioWare reads.

And I mean even something as minor as Restored Triumvirate (Sith soldier armor from Kotor) looks very good, so it just makes no sense whatsoever why Revan's set looks almost nothing like the one from KOTOR.

Edited by Aelther

This part is what prevents us from doing that. Also they are reading this thread and I doubt they read every single suggestion, so we're making suggestions in a thread that we know BioWare reads.

And I mean even something as minor as Restored Triumvirate (Sith soldier armor from Kotor) looks very good, so it just makes no sense whatsoever why Revan's set looks almost nothing like the one from KOTOR.

They can't change it without erupting a spymaster/phantom war. they make a new one from scratch, they know well enough they cannot overlap it with the current.

They can't replace the current one. But it isnt the first time in this thread they changed their minds. just keep suggesting two armor sets. and everything can turn out fine without a war sparking out when the change goes into affect.

Hmm,..

After reading almost this entire thread, I really wonder now what they will actually do.

After seeing Eric's reply, it very much looks like, to me, that the Revan set will be completely remodeled to look like the KotOR Revan armor with a cape, and the old SWTOR (improper) Revan set will be removed.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Magnus, I would prepare for the worst, man.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wear the set on any of my toons, I could care less about Revan or his armor. Just making an observation.

They can't change it without erupting a spymaster/phantom war. they make a new one from scratch, they know well enough they cannot overlap it with the current.

They won't erupt a war. Look around they already started a war, by insisting on having only one version. Yes I understand your point. I was on the same side you are, back when I was fighting for them to fix the lower robe by adding the ring. All I wanted was the SWTORish set.

However after they introduced so many good looking KOTOR-like sets I simply cannot remain on your side. Because if they can make proper Kotor sets for other Kotor Character they obviously can do it for Revan too. And he's more important than all the other character's from kotor who's sets they replicated well, so he deserves a Kotor-Like set more than any of them. So too late, We're already fighting a war and only Bioware can end it by making two versions.

And personally I want to believe that Bioware respects their characters and will eventually release two sets that will make everyone happy. Cause if they wanna pretend that they "cannot" make proper Revan's set, they shouldn't have made proper sets for other Kotor Characters.

And as I mentioned before I am willing to spend a lot of cartel coins on Kotor-Like Revan's set, so if some EA suit is reading this let's hope he will advise Bioware to make 2 sets for more $$$.

And I'm not alone:

If it's changed to actually look like Revan's armor, I will be "forced" to buy CC to get it! Damn!

... :D I'm excited.

Doesn't this sound exciting EA?

Edited by Aelther

Hmm,..

After reading almost this entire thread, I really wonder now what they will actually do.

After seeing Eric's reply, it very much looks like, to me, that the Revan set will be completely remodeled to look like the KotOR Revan armor with a cape, and the old SWTOR (improper) Revan set will be removed.

Not sure where people are getting that they're actually going to remodel the whole thing

I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall.

Maybe I'll end up being wrong, but it really sounds like all they're going to do is tweak the coloring (probably the grey/black issue and the color mismatch on the lower robes that Magnus and other brought up) and maybe a bit of texturing.

I think Eric is just trying to get out in front of the inevitable complaints some people will have even over that minor a fix: "I liked it grey/double-hooded! I paid money for it because it was grey/double-hooded! You turned it black/single-hooded! I demand a refund/Classic version/two months free subscription/etc.!!!!"

After such a big blowup over Spymaster and Phantom, I really doubt they'd make another full-blown design change to an existing, popular piece of armor.

Besides, releasing a separate, NEW chest armor ("Revan's Sith Armor" for example) with the original KOTOR look in a future Pack will let people who like the current version keep the one they like (and keep it as-advertised), let people who want the KOTOR look get what they want though the new Pack, and make BW more money from people buying new Packs to get the KOTOR armor. Seems like the better business decision all around.

NEW chest armor ("Revan's Sith Armor" for example) with the original KOTOR look in a future Pack will let people who like the current version keep the one they like (and keep it as-advertised), let people who want the KOTOR look get what they want though the new Pack, and make BW more money from people buying new Packs to get the KOTOR armor. Seems like the better business decision all around.

That's all we're asking. Except we want a full set, not just chest. And like I said them insisting on having only one version is what started this whole war:

Cause everyone is fine with 2 versions, but if we can only have one, then both sides are gonna fight to get the one they want. And if BioWare just hates seeing two different sets called "Revan's whatever" then just rename the current one to something else, cause it barely looks like Revan's anyway...

Edited by Aelther

First off, thank you Eric for listening to us and changing your mind on this one.

Second, to the war/no war issue you are both interpreting Eric's words how you want them to be interpreted... They have said before that players read too deeply into their comments and blow things way out of line.

What it boils down to, you are both right, and both wrong... since it is unknown what Eric actually meant by "Canon". See, everything they have done up until this point MUST be treated as Canon, unless they specifically say... "no, that wasn't correct and here is a fix", which Eric was very... non-specific on the changes incoming other than double hood and color... he added "etc"... you are attempting to define "etc" how you want... which He specifically said, couldn't be defined at this point... Reading comprehension FTW!

So Canonically, Revan dressed one way in KOTOR, then slightly differently (and there were infact changes to the armoring) in KOTOR 2, and then during the 50 years or whatever it was since then... Im sure the guy had to find a new tailor and armorsmith... so maybe... just MAYBE, he ditched the cape, and added the fluffy shoulders... who knows? I mean, have you asked the guy?

As, has been stated before, the guy who dreamed up Revan in the first place, was the one who put him in this game... therefore, I default to his judgement on how he looks currently. It isn't a case of where in a game like Monkey Island 1 and 2 it was written and done by one guy, and then from 3 on it was some other random people... it was the SAME person doing Revan... If you don't like how he looks today, tough... take it up with the guy who dreamed up the character in the first place.

Boy you know I really like Harry Potter, but I think that the way Harry Acted in the last book was completely non canon... Makes about as much sense...

Edited by Chickensevil

From the first Dev quote. During the Phantom/Spymaster change.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

[*]The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

And from Damian. during the same fiasco.

Hey, guys --

We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

Damion Schubert

Lead Designer, SWTOR

They now know the ramifications, they wont make a brand new set over one that has existed for over a year. Or else risk this. All. Over. Again.

Now then. For Eric, as they all decided we wanted the armor fixed.

Hey everyone,

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

They cannot whatsoever change the existing version besides the Double Hood bug, and the coloring bug. Or risk being a Hippocratic to what happened before. To make a Kotor Themed Revan style. They have to make a complete separate version either put in the contraband resale vendor, or in a new pack in Shipment 3 or 4.(since the contraband series is 2 packs from being over).

I Understand people would want a Kotor themed one, but people like me and dozens more who wear it in-game would be upset to have a 100% from scratch change.

Edited by Magnusheart

Then they can make it as a Darth Revans in the cartel market and slap it in shipment 3 of the packs without disturbing the current version.

It all bottles down to people who like the current vs changing the current into something people who have the current would backlash at, as seen with the spymaster and phantom. the only solution is to make a different set.

This, so much this. I have no problem if they make a second set with a cape and called it Darth Revan's. If they don't and add a cape to the current version, then they had better prepare for major backlash. As I said before, I do not want a cape on Revan's chest piece.