Chosen 16-man HM TFB kill videos

We just wanted to share our videos to any guilds or groups who are working to kill bosses in Terror From Beyond. These are for all 5 bosses in TFB for 16-man hard mode. Our vent chatter during the fight is included which may help anyone with ironing out strategies or need clarifications.

Writhing Horror

Powertech tank POV

The Dread Guards

Sorcerer DPS POV

Operator IX

Sorcerer DPS POV

Kephess the Undying

Sorcerer DPS POV

Terror From Beyond

Sorcerer DPS POV

Again, if anyone has questions, feel free to PM me or comment on this thread. And good luck to everyone wanting to kill these bosses.

Edited by OSUKirkland

Great vid's thanks for sharing.

One thing I saw was that when the last boss enraged you were still killing the final Grasping Tentacle and it looked like when you killed the tentacle during boss' enrage that TFB's health dropped CONSIDERABLY seen from ToT of super'duper. It almost looks as if the damage that the boss takes from you killing the tentacle was multiplied by the 200% extra damage the boss does from the enrage buff.

Regardless solid strat's solid kills and A solid group of raiders. Gratz again guys!!

Gz on kills :) couple of questions about last boss:

1. In Phase 1, some little lights (looked like mini hypergates or something) appeared that your tank was consuming. In other vids I saw ranged dps consuming it. Just wondering what it does, what's its purpose?

2. Also in phase 1 there seemed to be some new add. I assume you just gotta burn it asap? (The lightning ball looking thing)

3. In Phase 2, the tank (DrGordon) seemed to jump off the platform (respawning at the top) after the other tank had taunted. Why was he doing this?

4. The Hypergate Anolomies, what do they do? Do they need to be killed asap or are tentacles priority?

Gz on kills :) couple of questions about last boss:

1. In Phase 1, some little lights (looked like mini hypergates or something) appeared that your tank was consuming. In other vids I saw ranged dps consuming it. Just wondering what it does, what's its purpose?

2. Also in phase 1 there seemed to be some new add. I assume you just gotta burn it asap? (The lightning ball looking thing)

3. In Phase 2, the tank (DrGordon) seemed to jump off the platform (respawning at the top) after the other tank had taunted. Why was he doing this?

4. The Hypergate Anolomies, what do they do? Do they need to be killed asap or are tentacles priority?

1: The 'lights' actually apply a debuff/buff that damages anything near it (including friendlies). If a DPS picks it up, it will just damage the raid, where as if the tank picks it up, it will damage the tentacle.

2: The new add you noticed will target a random member and begin a cast. The player will die if either the cast finishes or you get fully pulled to the add.

3: DrGordon did this because he gained a debuff that increased all of his damage taken by 200%. By jumping off the platform, it would clear the debuff.

4: Hypergate Anomalies HAVE to be killed. They have a short enrage which then causes them to chain lightning the raid every 1sec. If left up too long, the healing needed will be too high and result in deaths- which results in a wipe.

Edited by Aerro

1: The 'lights' actually apply a debuff/buff that damages anything near it (including friendlies). If a DPS picks it up, it will just damage the raid, where as if the tank picks it up, it will damage the tentacle.

2: The new add you noticed will target a random member and begin a cast. The player will die if either the cast finishes or you get fully pulled to the add.

3: DrGordon did this because he gained a debuff that increased all of his damage taken by 200%. By jumping off the platform, it would clear the debuff.

4: Hypergate Anomalies HAVE to be killed. They have a short enrage which then causes them to chain lightning the raid every 1sec. If left up too long, the healing needed will be too high and result in deaths- which results in a wipe.

Thanks for the info :) much appreciated.

Correction to this... it does not damage the raid, but it does damage the person who picked up the cloud. So it's better if the tank has it.

Correction to this... it does not damage the raid, but it does damage the person who picked up the cloud. So it's better if the tank has it.

They could have changed it from PTS to live, so who knows!

Edited by Aerro

They could have changed it from PTS to live, so who knows!

The debuff didn't damage our raid on PTS or live, if it did for you on PTS, maybe you experienced a bug? Or we experienced a bug? But what I know for certain is that it didn't do damage to friendlies for us, we made sure to try it out to see if it did.

The debuff didn't damage our raid on PTS or live, if it did for you on PTS, maybe you experienced a bug? Or we experienced a bug? But what I know for certain is that it didn't do damage to friendlies for us, we made sure to try it out to see if it did.

Maybe I was experiencing a bug, because standing ontop of a raid member allowed me to do damage to them (thus boosting my DPS as well).

Maybe I was experiencing a bug, because standing ontop of a raid member allowed me to do damage to them (thus boosting my DPS as well).

The "cloud" does 2 things:

First it deals damage to you every few seconds... something like 3-4k per tick.

Second, each of your attacks deal somewhere between 2-3k per tick on your target.

I accidentally picked up the cloud when moving to kill a beacon so that's how I know. It doesn't deal damage to people around me because no one else took damage when I was stacked with the group.

One of the reasons you want to the tank to pick it up is because it makes it easier for healers because the tanks are really the only ones who are supposed to take damage during that phase (exception to ranged DPS for slimes). But also because it helps them with threat because of the +2-3K damage they deal because from what I can tell, holding threat on the Tunneling Tentacles is quite exhausting.

I was merely talking about PTS :x It may have been a bug but you could damage your raid members 100%. I assumed it transferred over to live but I guess that is not the case. My bad! Edited by Aerro

First it deals damage to you every few seconds... something like 3-4k per tick.

Our tanks were taking varied damage, I know I was taking a solid 941 a tick and it never changed, our PT tank said his was vary from 300 a tick to 1200 a tick sometimes. Just trying to help clarify for anyone reading that it's not quite as strong as you said here. Everything else in your post was spot on though. :)

Our tanks were taking varied damage, I know I was taking a solid 941 a tick and it never changed, our PT tank said his was vary from 300 a tick to 1200 a tick sometimes. Just trying to help clarify for anyone reading that it's not quite as strong as you said here. Everything else in your post was spot on though. :)

I think that was mostly because I, as a merc DPS, accidentally picked it up so I was taking a bit more damage that the tanks would. lol