Any point in Alacrity for DPS Sage?

nikeportugal

Just going through all the gear options for Elite War Hero items.

My lightsaber if I stay Mystic has Alacrity.. Gives me about 2% boost if I equip...

Doesn't really seem like there is any point. I could pebble throw a bit faster I guess but most of my stuff is instant otherwise..

I could see if you had a BUNCH of Alacrity maybe. Spamming pebble throw super fast... maybe then.

Alacrity is not your best stat by any stretch, especially for PvP, but it is worth getting some gear with alacrity. The issue is the way the stats are itemized.

All gear at end game for DPS inquisitors and consulars has either surge, alacrity or accuracy. Accuracy is strictly for shadows and assassins as it affects melee attacks. Surge has a huge diminishing returns curve. Once you hit about 300 surge rating, it really does you no good to keep stacking it. At that point, alacrity is your best option.

Casting your force lightning faster (along with the occasional off-heal) does have some value.

I myself play telekinetics sage and I keep around 400 alacrity. All my things are casted so every milisecond down comes good. Especially with distubance having GCD as long as its cast time, my spam ability's GCD is around 1,3 seconds instead of 1,5. It's a little, but it's something.

I am not sure how up to date SimCraft is but the last time I did a DPS simulation on my 1/12/28 build the results showed:

Willpower >= Power > Surge > Crit > Alacrity

I know some people will argue that Crit should come before Surge so your mileage my vary

I hate stat priorities written out like that. It doesn't really give any meaningful information.

For one, you can never trade crit for surge, so it doesn't matter which comes first.

Two, it's predicated on your current gear, so if you're running a bunch of alacrity, of course its gonna say surge is valuable and alacrity sucks, because its evaluating at your current gear.

Best way to go, use those amr profiles from the poster above me. , and dry to match up your power:crit and surge:alacrity ratios relatively close.

Oh and always willpower augments, resolve armorings, unlettered mods, and low endurance enhancements. And a DGclicky and DG elemental proc relic(for sages)

Aaaand just realized this is for PvP. Amr profiles aren't gonna be as reliable because your working with different stat amounts.

Edited by OlosBC

Alacrity is good for both DPS and heals. A lot of your damage still comes from casted/channeled abilities, so every 1% of alacrity is 1% more DPS from those. Plus, your only other choice on tertiary stat is surge, which has severe DR. For PvE, my goal is exactly equal amounts of surge and alacrity to minimize the DR. For PvP (usually heals) I stack a bit more alacrity. If you prefer DPS, surge could be slightly better, just don't go overboard either way.