Constant Maintenance

Ailie

This is getting a little ridicuous team. Of course if it wasn't occuring in Oceanic prime time few would mind much but continuous days of downtime is a bit of a pain in the butt. It's great that you're fixing things but can't the times be varied or scheduled regularly so as not to cut into our play time day after day? Not much point paying for a sub you can't play

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering why they have to take it down for a patch two days in a row. Surely they could've just made it a single patch? O_o

Well just a guess, but I would say they need to patch the patch that pachted the patch.... got that?

Edited by Arzhanin
Rude comments

Which is why they're not going to take down the servers when the MAJORITY of subs are going to be playing.

If they spread the multi down times in a week over more than one time slot I am guessing they would piss off fewer people. After all 3 times in one week, on top of all the other Multiple weeks of dual patches, is kind of an F U from BW to those that do not play prime time USA.

Which is why they're not going to take down the servers when the MAJORITY of subs are going to be playing.

Why do they have to take them all down at once?

Besides, they've gone to all the effort of creating Australian based servers for Oceania, but if they keep taking the servers down during our prime time then people will just stop subbing and it will become unviable, meanning all that investment is wasted, just because they can't schedule a patch to deply a few hours later or earlier

This is somewhat true but somewhat annoying. I for one play at night and pretty late. Having the servers go down during these times 3 times a week is excessive. Then again I dealt with this in Vanilla wow very often. I hope they get their act together.

It's a complex system. Sometimes, things happen that are unforeseen. Instead of leaving it broken, they fix it.

If you weren't whining about downtime, you'd be whining about lag or some other issue.

We've seen it in WoW where a patch breaks a few other things and they have to repatch to patch the patch. If your life revolves around a game so much that a few hours downtime causes you to rage, you need to re-evaluate your life.

It's a complex system. Sometimes, things happen that are unforeseen. Instead of leaving it broken, they fix it.

If you weren't whining about downtime, you'd be whining about lag or some other issue.

We've seen it in WoW where a patch breaks a few other things and they have to repatch to patch the patch. If your life revolves around a game so much that a few hours downtime causes you to rage, you need to re-evaluate your life.

Lol, if you think that post is raging...

No it's not rage, it's mild annoyance. If you hadn't notice I did say it's great that they're fixing things... perhaps learning to read would be a good task for you during this downtime.

For once I wish they'd not screw the Western/International players over. How about getting doing some server maintenance during different hours? You'd make a HUGE amount of players much happy about it.

Your idea of HUGE is still a minority.

Lol, if you think that post is raging...

No it's not rage, it's mild annoyance. If you hadn't notice I did say it's great that they're fixing things... perhaps learning to read would be a good task for you during this downtime.

You have multiple posts all whining about downtime. You are raging. You are angry. Otherwise, you wouldn't be posting.

Down time happens. Sometimes it happens more than once. This wasn't a typical small patch, it was an update and you have to expect issues to crop up on live that weren't seen on Test. It happens and when it does it has to be fixed. I'd rather have 4 hours of down time daily than put up with one hour of trying to game through lag and watching attacks show damage fly text but do absolutely nothing to the health bar of the target.

You have multiple posts all whining about downtime. You are raging. You are angry. Otherwise, you wouldn't be posting.

Down time happens. Sometimes it happens more than once. This wasn't a typical small patch, it was an update and you have to expect issues to crop up on live that weren't seen on Test. It happens and when it does it has to be fixed. I'd rather have 4 hours of down time daily than put up with one hour of trying to game through lag and watching attacks show damage fly text but do absolutely nothing to the health bar of the target.

Say what?! I made this thread today, replied to another afterwards in support. Neither contains any 'OMG WHADA***!!!!" raging. I love how maturely stating your concern somehow gets interpretted as acting like a immature brat. I think you need to get out more.

Oh and it WAS seen on the test server. It was widely known to be occurring on the test server and they still deployed.

ANOTHER EFFIN PATCH IN THE SAME WEEK??!!! IS THIS A GODDAAAAMNED JOKE???!!!

Yesterday's patch locked me out of the game for about 3 hours (nothing wrong with my new high speeced gaming rig)!!! what the eff, man???!!!

Edited by wairuakaha

ANOTHER EFFIN PATCH IN THE SAME WEEK??!!! IS THIS A GODDAAAAMNED JOKE???!!!

Yesterday's patch locked me out of the game for about 3 hours (nothing wrong with my new high speeced gaming rig)!!! *****, man???!!!

See now this is raging...

every time bioware takes the servers down for any amount of time, any night, they should owe us 1 free week!!!

i love how developers (blizzard, turbine, BW) think that if they take a night away from you, they only owe you one night...

NOT TRUE. people have schedules they live by. if i took off a night to play with friends/family, and everyone took off work and bioware decides to make it a maint night, i lose a whole week. i'm sure theres many people who can only set aside certain times to play with other friends and family, so we deserve a week to make up for a night taken away, so we can reschedule.

MMOs are just the worst bang for buck. your paying over and over for less and less.

ie-

SKYRIM = .01 cent per hour of fun

DA2 = lets say .10 cents per hour of fun

SWTOR= probably 1-3 dollars per hour of fun...

when will MMOs just not be worth it anymore for devs or customers.

lets get back to selling a product thats done, and when u create more software for that product, sell the expansion!!!

its so god damned simple.

if u want to make an MMO, do what guild wars does. you pay for a box and you play for free. when they release new updates/expansions, you go out and buy those updates.

no!

ack,i had a hard enough time dealing with the previous maintenance...but again?why?what couldve gone so horribly wrong as to incur the third maint in a single week?!?!

june 26 - 28 - 29?!!?

what is going on?this is serious pain for us veteran no lifers

Your silly and the devs are stealing everybody's Bought Game time, We are paying to play the game and also Bought the game, so under these circumstances they should Add all the hours that the servers are down to everybody's Game time Free since it is literally what we are paying for , it's ridiculous how much this game goes down for whatever reason and them just taking your money regardless if they can provide the service or not. It would be like paying for a car wash service and when it's your turn to get your car washed they tell you, Come back in 4 hours we are down for whatever reason, it's essentially theft for that duration of time that you paid for a service that they agreed to provide but didn't and they must either give you your money back or wash your car exactly when you go to wash it NOT when they WANT to or any thing of the sort. If your paying for a service it should be provided when you buy it not when they want to give it to you.