Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most childish event I have ever come across (been playing games for 30 years). You get infected

and die. To spread the misery you infect as many others as possible, so they die also.

The result? SWTOR, the game played with dead players Characters. What a freakish scenario!

The event fails any and every test of logic..and that even in the fantasy game world.

Oh..sorry...forgot. the PvP crowd play with dead Characters anyhow. Well, I would call the game

a death orgy. We all play with dead characters and those who somehow....through skill or pure luck.. avoid being dead

are killed off by the Developers. After all, it can not be that anyone is not dead.

SWTOR, the game of the Dead. It is time to rename the game. I suggest, 999 way of how to die.

My only QQ is that I wish it was a couple of days longer. I work nights so I'm feeling like I'm a day behind on this and then maint hit this morning. I think I may be a day short. :(

We should have enough time to get it done, 2nd post said 19th was last day we should to be able to complete the event

We should have enough time to get it done, 2nd post said 19th was last day we should to be able to complete the event

Think your miss reading, 19th is the last day you can start the chain and complete it, meaning last day is the 24th.

Well if memory serves the only quest I have yet to pick up is Pure Virus Sample (the Newest Mission released on the 18th). So I should be fine, right?

And ya, I know what you meant.

I feel there should have been at least some lead in quests provided. Sure, there's the news report saying stay away from Tattoine, but that's about it. No quest, just a hint. Go there, see some people hanging around the screen, watch it and get a mysterious buff... then nothing. A World Event that relies on you going outside of the game and searching the internet to find out what you have to do .... not very well done. Quest 1, go to the escape pod In Anchorhead, quest 2 go to the medical supplies, quest 3 view the screen, quest 4 go to the speeder bike location, quest 5 go to the crashed ship location. Same goes for the Red Rakghoul, they could have made it dead easy by providing quest markers or instead provided a directional scanner that pointed the way. I'm still liking and loving the game, this event is a nice touch, really wished it was a full on Zombie event though, without the limp wristed enforced ending we got from WoW, after Blizzard found something more terrifying to them than zombies, namely subscriber cancellations.

I'm excited the developers are making events and I really hope they make more of them. The news reports on the fleet are a nice touch and the containment guys in the hangers. I'm not too crazy about this one though, the production is excellent but it seems kind of random and bizarre. The other day I logged in and got some kind of sickness de-buff and no one could tell me what it was all about. I mean if you don't follow the forums regularly it's kinda like -huh? Why is my toon stopping to puke every couple of minutes. I mean, I made it all the way through Taris without getting sick . :p Edited by MorgonKara

Please next event you guys make leave me out of. There are a number of players like my self that have no desired to deal with events in the pve world. As just about a strickly pvp player I found my self a victim by the event and had no desire what so ever to join it.

Please in the future make these event so players like my self can opt out and not have to be rudely interupted with it.

As an almost strickly pvp player this was a real pain and exspensive one as well. You did not even make death a way out of this unless you were about to blow up anyway.

Only pve content I do is class mission and some to help level new charaacters. Other words, as little as possible.

By exspensive. I play from 20 to 30 rounds of pvp a day. Times that by 2k credit to cure myself at the end of each match if I was sick. Just yesterday that was 50k credits for the 33 rounds of pvp I played.

Edited by Dustychild

The most childish event I have ever come across (been playing games for 30 years). You get infected

and die. To spread the misery you infect as many others as possible, so they die also.

The result? SWTOR, the game played with dead players Characters. What a freakish scenario!

The event fails any and every test of logic..and that even in the fantasy game world.

Oh..sorry...forgot. the PvP crowd play with dead Characters anyhow. Well, I would call the game

a death orgy. We all play with dead characters and those who somehow....through skill or pure luck.. avoid being dead

are killed off by the Developers. After all, it can not be that anyone is not dead.

SWTOR, the game of the Dead. It is time to rename the game. I suggest, 999 way of how to die.

Looks like you need to change your sig.

Loving the event, my only gripe is all the extra infected character customizations I now have. I would love to be able to give them to my fellow guild mates as I really don't need four Corso Riggs infected character customizations. Even the ability for the vendor to buy them back at a reduced price, say 10 DNA Samples would be better than nothing.

With that small issue aside, keep up the fantastic work BioWare! I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys and girls do next.

completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Given all the maintenance this week, can we please have this extended?

Bioware,

Please implement a hot fix that does not reward players for griefing others thanks to a quest. Paying customers should have a choice to participate in an event and not have to literally watch their characters die due to encouraged griefer mentality.

As an almost strickly pvp player this was a real pain and exspensive one as well. You did not even make death a way out of this unless you were about to blow up anyway.

Only pve content I do is class mission and some to help level new charaacters. Other words, as little as possible.

By exspensive. I play from 20 to 30 rounds of pvp a day. Times that by 2k credit to cure myself at the end of each match if I was sick. Just yesterday that was 50k credits for the 33 rounds of pvp I played.

Okay, I played pvp with the sickness and I really don't know what you are complaining about.

1, if you do happen to explode in pvp you get 5 Rakghoul vaccines from it. 5! That's 10k in goods right there.

2. the 'debuff' isn't really a debuff, it does nothing to your stats.

3. In the pve pvp WZs, getting sick really doesn't cause an issue. I mean, things happen so fast that even if it 'gets you killed' you bounce right back

4. You don't infect people in pvp.

5. Honestly, I never noticed getting ill in pvp, does it even work in the pvp worlds?

5. Do you realize this event carries with it an amazing black-green pvp crystal?

Okay, I played pvp with the sickness and I really don't know what you are complaining about.

1, if you do happen to explode in pvp you get 5 Rakghoul vaccines from it. 5! That's 10k in goods right there.

3. In the pve pvp WZs, getting sick really doesn't cause an issue. I mean, things happen so fast that even if it 'gets you killed' you bounce right back

5. Honestly, I never noticed getting ill in pvp, does it even work in the pvp worlds?

5. Do you realize this event carries with it an amazing black-green pvp crystal?

People just enjoy complaining. Keep making events, BioWare.

Edited by Spittle

No, it isn't.

We carried this franchise on our backs. It isn't about being elitist, it is about recognizing that we are the reason there is a game like TOR and paying us a bit of respect in the process. BioWare said they created this game for people like us, the hardcore fans, and not for the "WoW Crowd" and events like this only cater to the "WoW Crowd" in the end.

This event needs to go and future events need to be thought out far more carefully.

And the same crowd that "carried" LOTRO killed it. Don't kill my game by being elitist.

Bioware,

Please implement a hot fix that does not reward players for griefing others thanks to a quest. Paying customers should have a choice to participate in an event and not have to literally watch their characters die due to encouraged griefer mentality.

There's a caccine you can take that will keep you from getting infected.

Please Use it rather than attemp to ruin the fun of many

Meh, not interested.

Actually, it comes with a period stun and /or death after a set amount of time

I don't want to be offensive, but you're bscially saying that if you're bad at pvp and die all the time, it doesn't have a negative effect.

There are multiple reports of people losing pvp matches as a result of the plage. Ball carrier exploding right befor the line. Exploding and/or getting stunned during a point capture at 7 seconds. Getting knocked out of stealth due to the stun. Etc

is that something that was hotfixed recently?

Yes it does, both the stun and the explosion.

Do you realize that I have a crystal that I like equipped and 0 interested in a meh green-black one? Edited by ferroz

There's a caccine you can take that will keep you from getting infected.

Please Use it rather than attemp to ruin the fun of many

Why should I have waste credits in a game that is rampant with credit sinks to avoid something that is supposed to be "fun"? I shouldn't have any interruption to my normal routine.

Just like to say that I'm loving the event. Sorry that some people are having a tough time with it, but I think it's a blast! I've encountered more cross-faction interaction today than ever before, been banked several times, had Sith help me kill rakghouls and complete quests, and helped out them too. It's been awesome. Well done, guys.