Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

did you read? it didn't say that at all.

When you complete all possible conversations and quests with a companion, you receive a companion unlock that is granted to all characters in your Legacy.

The first companion you unlock of each companion combat archetype (ranged tank, ranged DPS, melee tank, melee DPS, and healer) gives you a unique unlock for that companion type that grants a passive stat bonus. These first-time archetype unlocks also modify the duration and cooldown times for your Heroic Moment ability. This ensures that a single character can potentially attain the full range of companion stat boosts and Heroic Moment modifiers, while also ensuring that a player who has severely mistreated one companion can get that unlock by playing an alternate character.

For example, a Sith Warrior who has mistreated Vette may find it extremely hard to get her unlock, but unlocking any other ranged DPS companion on any other character will grant the same archetype unlock. Additional companions unlocked beyond the five combat archetypes grant a passive bonus to your Presence stat, increasing the power of your companion characters.

i read this...

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because i keep hoping that they are going to actually do something right. I have been waiting for this game since oct 2008 and they just keep disappointing me. I will wait to see if the server populations increase after 1.2, and decide if they continue to get my money. Edited by Notannos

When you complete all possible conversations and quests with a companion, you receive a companion unlock that is granted to all characters in your Legacy.

The first companion you unlock of each companion combat archetype (ranged tank, ranged DPS, melee tank, melee DPS, and healer) gives you a unique unlock for that companion type that grants a passive stat bonus. These first-time archetype unlocks also modify the duration and cooldown times for your Heroic Moment ability. This ensures that a single character can potentially attain the full range of companion stat boosts and Heroic Moment modifiers, while also ensuring that a player who has severely mistreated one companion can get that unlock by playing an alternate character.

For example, a Sith Warrior who has mistreated Vette may find it extremely hard to get her unlock, but unlocking any other ranged DPS companion on any other character will grant the same archetype unlock. Additional companions unlocked beyond the five combat archetypes grant a passive bonus to your Presence stat, increasing the power of your companion characters.

i read this...

what its saying is that you get more buffs from your companions if you didnt finish vettes story but you finished quinns you still get the buff.

because i keep hoping that they are going to actually do something right. I have been waiting for this game since oct 2008 and they just keep disappointing me. I will wait to see if the server populations increase after 1.2, and decide if they continue to get my money.

Cool story, bet you will still be here even after because you probably bought the 6 month pack like the rest of us :p Were you expecting a SW Galaxies 2? Its a great MMO (as compared to almost all), so I do not see what you (and others who complain about endgame stuff because they space bar mashed to the end) are so disappointed with.

I like the 1.2 legacy system, and I hope they make it relatively cheap (1-3 million creds) to buy the other races. Also, for them to include "apprentice" under the legacy tree

It's interesting, Mr. William Wallace, that you included Han and Leia's children in the "Skywalker Legacy". How was it, then, that they did not have to have the surname, too?

Jacen Solo

<The Skywalker Legacy>

Please, separate surnames from Legacy name. Thanks.

i'll see your surname vs legacy and raise you adding the ability to have a prefix and suffix title active at the same time. So I can be Darth Violentus the Loathsome.

William you are so way of on the power of Anakin it's scary

First of all if you knew the lore and quotes of Lucas you would know Anakin

is the third strongest force user of all time.The only reason he did not become

as powerful as Luke is become he lost so much of his body=force potential he had.

1 Luke

2 Sidious

3 Anakin

This game cannot compare to the "real" star wars universe in any way

what so ever anyways.And even if Anakin was in this timeline he would

wipe the flore with them allwithout even trying hard.The force have evolved

over time so have the strength and skills of the force users.So even trying to

put anyone in this timeline from the canon universe is a huge mistake and

as a star wars and lore fan i beg anyone at bioware not to in the future to

even try to use canon characters in this off paralel universe as Lucas called it.

Loool damn breath nerd breeeaaatthhhh. Don't worry I doubt they'll put any of the actual characters from the lore into the game. So relax, you can enjoy them in the comfort of your bathroom.

what its saying is that you get more buffs from your companions if you didnt finish vettes story but you finished quinns you still get the buff.

Quinn is a healer, not a DPS so leveling his affection will not help Vette :)

And IDK if that is what they are talking about either... They mentioned a Presence buff after having all affections maxed, but they did say something about a character unlock...

Cool story, bet you will still be here even after because you probably bought the 6 month pack like the rest of us :p Were you expecting a SW Galaxies 2? Its a great MMO (as compared to almost all), so I do not see what you (and others who complain about endgame stuff because they space bar mashed to the end) are so disappointed with.

I like the 1.2 legacy system, and I hope they make it relatively cheap (1-3 million creds) to buy the other races. Also, for them to include "apprentice" under the legacy tree

you know what they say when you AssUme? I took my time with the game and I play on an RP server. nearly all my companions have maxed affection and I tank hard modes and Operations. What I am concerned with is the fact that anything post level 50 is terribly glitchy and buggy and people have lost interest.

Quinn is a healer, not a DPS so leveling his affection will not help Vette :)

And IDK if that is what they are talking about either... They mentioned a Presence buff after having all affections maxed, but they did say something about a character unlock...

it doent say healer it says ranged. quinn is ranged.

Really, there too busy instituting some sick family tree where 3 men all try to be the first to get the 1 woman pregant in hopes of having children.

/sigh..........is this all you really see?

P.S. it's 'they are' or the abbreviation 'they're' not there.

you know what they say when you AssUme? I took my time with the game and I play on an RP server. nearly all my companions have maxed affection and I tank hard modes and Operations. What I am concerned with is the fact that anything post level 50 is terribly glitchy and buggy and people have lost interest.

Most endgame contents on a freshly released MMO is usually lacking, you are right. So why expect this one to be that much different? If you are that bored, you should role one of the other 8 story lines in the game :) They are all different for a reason.

And btw, I tank ops as well :), anyone can with the ridiculous healing going on in the game, so you are not so high and mighty

Dear BioWare,

WE KNOW.

Fewer press releases and more frequent patch releases. Please.

QFT. Rather than another vague rehash of information you have already told us, how about breaking some of this new stuff down into very explicit and clear details. There are still tons of unanswered questions about crafting and reverse engineering in 1.2 for example. Explain your design, why you did things this way, and why you think it will improve gameplay, along with how you expect it to improve in the future. Writing a blog that rehashes info that's been on all the fan sites and in the forums for two weeks isn't helpful.

Edited by XavinNydek

it doent say healer it says ranged. quinn is ranged.

I'll even paste it for your convenience

"The first companion you unlock of each companion combat archetype (ranged tank, ranged DPS, melee tank, melee DPS, and healer)"

Most endgame contents on a freshly released MMO is usually lacking, you are right. So why expect this one to be that much different? If you are that bored, you should role one of the other 8 story lines in the game :) They are all different for a reason.

And btw, I tank ops as well :), anyone can with the ridiculous healing going on in the game, so you are not so high and mighty

you need to stop assuming so much sport. I did expect more from this game considering how long it took to create it. As did the multitude of people who have quit the game.

My character sheet is full of alts.

Edited by Notannos
reply to spam chain

because i keep hoping that they are going to actually do something right. I have been waiting for this game since oct 2008 and they just keep disappointing me. I will wait to see if the server populations increase after 1.2, and decide if they continue to get my money.

"Something right" is sooo subjective in the context of your post.

Because the shareholders' pocketbooks are showing that they are doing a LOT of things right.

I'll even paste it for your convenience

"The first companion you unlock of each companion combat archetype (ranged tank, ranged DPS, melee tank, melee DPS, and healer)"

quinn is a ranged operative type class which means he can dps and heal. may want to learn your classes before you continue to make wide sweeping general comments.

Read the blog again. It only costs credits if you want to bypass the unlock requirement. Otherwise, just level.

but with the number of different species and only 8 character slots, you can't unlock but more than a couple species and the actually play them, so you really can't experience all those options. We need more character slots on a server.

THIS SO MUCH!!!

I am ridiculously excited for the legacy system. But 8 characters per server is completely absurd. Either give us more (at least 12 per server imo) or give us the option to have our legacy be account wide (and maybe just take away the unique factor if you have to.) Something, I don't really care... just let me have a bigger family tree than 8. Overall though, that is my only complaint and I will love the crap out of this system regardless of what happens with the number limitation.

I know that the Skywalkers are the most famous "Family" in Star Wars, but using them along with saying "Looking at their family tree, it’s clear that the Skywalker legacy produces powerful Force users and great heroes." would be a big stretch.

Cause lets see:

Anakin Skywalker = Fell to the Dark Side, killed countless Jedi and Younglings, died upon being redeemed

Luke Skywalker = Killed Palpatine (multiple times), Fell to the Dark Side (at least once) was redeemed, loss his wife Mara Jade to his nephew (Jacen) only after he decapitated the person he thought killed her.

Cade Skywalker = Pirate, Bounty Hunter, (former) Drug Addict [Addicted to Death Sticks], Jedi, (former) Sith Apprentice

Allana Solo = Became Queen of the Hapes Consortium

Nat Skywalker = Jedi

Kol Skywalker = Jedi

Ben Skywalker = Coerced into doing unspeakable things by his cousin Jacen

Anakin Solo = Self-sacrificed death so the Team he was leading (at the time) could complete a mission against the Vong.

Jacen Solo = Jedi turned Sith Lord, died at the hands of his twin sister, Jaina. Killed Mara Jade Skywalker. Coerced Ben Skywalker to do unspeakable things.

Jaina Solo = Jedi, killed her brother Jacen who had became a Sith Lord. Wife of Jagged Fel, the founder of the Imperial Knights

Of the Skywalker/Solo Line, Anakin Skywalker - Luke Skywalker - Cade Skywalker - Jacen Solo - (to an extent) Ben Skywalker all fell to the Dark Side.

Edited by Altyrell

you need to stop assuming so much sport. I did expect more from this game considering how long it took to create it. As did the multitude of people who have quit the game.

My character sheet is full of alts.

Insults will get you no where :)

And you ASSUMED there would be more :) Way to fall into your own point, which is quite hypocritical. The game only SEEMED like it took a long time because so many people were waiting for it since the day it was announced. This is not a FPS or sports game, all MMOs take years. It released 3 months ago and you are complaining about lack of end game? Give it some time young one, patients is a virtue :)

Edited by Notannos

"Something right" is sooo subjective in the context of your post.

Because the shareholders' pocketbooks are showing that they are doing a LOT of things right.

im just going by the server list which during prime time generally says standard to light save a few select servers.

quinn is a ranged operative type class which means he can dps and heal. may want to learn your classes before you continue to make wide sweeping general comments.

Who else is the "healer" for the SW? :) and don't say 2V-R8