Guild Bank Looters exploiting weekend XP boost?

MasterKraken

Yesterday,i invited a person (not allow to say nicknames by forums rules), who was lvl 30's, in fleet. This Person joined us just to loot our guild bank. when i pm him asking what was that , he just laugh and put in general chat selling prices and offer of our items. i pm again him telling him i will report him at what he answer: doesn't matter in one week i can get another class running... is this the consequences or our XP boost weekends?..

Now, ill be direct: YES, was my fault for letting people retrieve items from my guild bank after i invite them... BUT it can't be restricted while there is no option for "quantity of items" can be retrieve from bank per week option (while credits has it).

Anyway, Is there any way this person can be restricted to do this again? I saw him today in fleet, writing again about" i want to join an active guild " phrase, and i started to write in chat what he was doing there: looting guild bank.

Now this topic is not new, I'm not asking for the return of the items (he looted our new members guild bank... everything cheap) but to stop this kind of individuals to RUIN other players fun with this kind of attitude.

Because this is not a new topic i know many will answer: its your fault for let them do it that (and again i response yes); again there must be consequences for that PERSON who STEAL those items: a Ban of that account? a 1 week restriction? Specially when they can just erase that toon and make another and have it level up again in 1 week using XP boost + weekends XP boost event.

Sucks but its entirely the GMs fault. Like Shep said, you can limit the amount they can take out and retrict access to tabs based on rank. You could put a ticket in for this but I honestly doubt theyll do anything to stop when it was something easily preventable. If you wanna warn other guilds thats cool but the guys not gonna get banned.

We have our bank set up that only members rank can withdraw. When the person first applies to join on our website they are guest rank. When approved and they have forum access they are moved to recruit and one month later to member. We also limited to 2 items what a player can take out weekly. Any more they need to contact an officer to get for them.

Also 2 of our bays are open to members but high level stims and other gear are ops leaders/officers only access

Edited by Ziso

That really is too bad - best thing you can do is warn other guilds

that and limit bank tabs based on rank

I don't think they are really "exploiting" the double XP - but the bonus would make it less painful to burn a character name

Edited by Stressfire

You can restrict items per week according to rank. You have to set it for each vault, so if you put in 5 items per week on three vaults, a person of that rank can take 15 items.

I have it restricted to 2 for initiates, 5 for members, 10 for Lts, and 9999 for officers. We also have a vault that is exclusive to officers, where the good stuff goes. Anyone can see it, but they have to ask for the item.

Credit withdrawal is also set by rank, and you have the option to allow credits for withdrawal, repair, or respec. I have set that only officers can withdraw, other ranks are limited to repairs.

I kick people for taking items and selling them on the GTN. I also add those people to my Friends list, and when I see them online, I look to see if they're in a new guild so I can warn the GM of that guild that they're a thief. :eek:

I have had people steal and then delete that character, too. Not much you can do about it, and remember most people are honest. :)

Edited by Gidrea

When i bring this problem here it wasn't because i want those items back (again they were drop from our guildmates that were cheap and low tier).

The main issue here is that for this type of people (and the lack of interest from the developers in this action), many feel uncomfortable. Even in real life if someone who you allow to work/get permission in your business affairs, steal (because that's the word for this action) from you, can be punishable with kicking out (in this case banned his/her account).

Again, Maybe that's the way he has "fun" but when he start making others (guilds and guildmates) uncomfortable with the game then that needs to be address.

If others like chat trolls, improper use of language, etc can be banned why not this kind of people (worst kind )? and I heard this was almost "everyday" issue in WoW but maybe if the devs in that game (like here in swtor) would start thinking about the consequences and the mayor uncomfortable feeling these "gamers" cause to others; It would make our (decent players) gaming experience better and we keep playing and having fun with the game.

The easiest way to avoid this is only allowing officers to withdraw items from the guild bank, or at least the tab that contains your expensive items.

Recruits should never be allowed into the guild bank, members perhaps depending on how well you know the people that you are promoting.

Sucks but its entirely the GMs fault. Like Shep said, you can limit the amount they can take out and retrict access to tabs based on rank. You could put a ticket in for this but I honestly doubt theyll do anything to stop when it was something easily preventable. If you wanna warn other guilds thats cool but the guys not gonna get banned.

yes, the GM should exercise more control, but to say it's entirely his fault...that's like saying it's the rape victim's fault for wearing a string bikini through a dark alley. it's not smart, but the other guy...you know...broke the law and assaulted her. not vice versa.

yes, the GM should exercise more control, but to say it's entirely his fault...that's like saying it's the rape victim's fault for wearing a string bikini through a dark alley. it's not smart, but the other guy...you know...broke the law and assaulted her. not vice versa.

GM oversight is for sure the issue. If you have people n you gbank you don't trust, and don't set permissions on the tabs for expensive mats, what do you think will happen in an anonymous videogame? Guess it's the best way to learn though. I can guarantee he'll be more strict next time.

Yesterday,i invited a person (not allow to say nicknames by forums rules), who was lvl 30's, in fleet. This Person joined us just to loot our guild bank. when i pm him asking what was that , he just laugh and put in general chat selling prices and offer of our items. i pm again him telling him i will report him at what he answer: doesn't matter in one week i can get another class running... is this the consequences or our XP boost weekends?..

Now, ill be direct: YES, was my fault for letting people retrieve items from my guild bank after i invite them... BUT it can't be restricted while there is no option for "quantity of items" can be retrieve from bank per week option (while credits has it).

Anyway, Is there any way this person can be restricted to do this again? I saw him today in fleet, writing again about" i want to join an active guild " phrase, and i started to write in chat what he was doing there: looting guild bank.

Now this topic is not new, I'm not asking for the return of the items (he looted our new members guild bank... everything cheap) but to stop this kind of individuals to RUIN other players fun with this kind of attitude.

Because this is not a new topic i know many will answer: its your fault for let them do it that (and again i response yes); again there must be consequences for that PERSON who STEAL those items: a Ban of that account? a 1 week restriction? Specially when they can just erase that toon and make another and have it level up again in 1 week using XP boost + weekends XP boost event.

Whine less and learn how to manage a guild. You can setup pages to allow limits...

For exaple... page 1 you canlet people loot 1 item per week, or 900..

Page 2 you can let people loot 0, unless htey are officers.

Bottom line, learn to manage the guild, with the tools available. or ask for help to learn.

PM me if you would like to hear about my consulting fees to manage a guild.

This is why our guild doesnt have a gbank

This is why you have a gbank with permission restricitons to those in the guild you trust. This is also why you don't just send random guild invites just to anybody you see running around.

Create a new rank, andset it to have no guild bank permissions. when you recruit people put them in that rank until they prove trustworthy.

or you can set restrictions for everyone in the manage tab in the guild bank. :) hope this helps!

Edited by JediBurkley