Sniper PvP Guide by Express

NoTomorrow

Here are a few of my hints about keybinding i can come up quickly:

• MM needs rapid fire and SoS next to each other.

rapid fire is a skill tree skill that reduces CD on ambush and series of shots. Do you mean rifle fire above?

segue ... with regards to 3 points in rapid fire : I haven't finished checking the thread but it seems the consensus is this is a must have for MM in PvP. Presumably the reduced CD is important for burst? E.g. you don't want energy tanks because MM energy management is not challenging.

I'm a complete n00b so I'm asking to see your responses, not because I think y'all are wrong.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before 1.3 rapid fire was switched placed with sniper volley. I meant Sniper volley keybind.

Ah.

Does SV trigger a GCD? If yes, I would think SV and SoS could be bound to any 2 keys without causing much problem.

I turned off the cover bar a while ago but your idea about hitting the same key twice to get into cover then execute a cover only ability is one I had not thought of. I'll have to test drive that. It seems like it should be a huge win.

No GCD for Sniper Volley, it's instant.

thanks, I tried it and saw that myself. I completely overhauled my keybinds / quickbar to use the coverbar again. That is pretty sweet. It is a little annoying that I can't see my quickbar cooldown text unless I am in cover but since I should be spending most of my time in cover this is not a big problem.

... I'm finding sniper a very challenging class to learn for PvP. This thread is an amazing resource. Thanks for writing the guide and carrying the discussion forward!

Get on with making that new guide mate! :p

It will take a lot of time, a LOT, of time having to re-make his original post. Will definitely require fighting each spec of each AC all over again to make such detailed 1v1 write-ups :eek:

Edited by paowee

• 1 month later...
To be honest if you have to read all this crap to be good... you Shouldn't play this game... its just not for you... Sniper is one of the easiest classes to play in the game.... Pew pew pew hunker down pew pew knockback pew pew pew... you win..... if your really spending time reading this your sad.

To be honest if you have to read all this crap to be good... you Shouldn't play this game... its just not for you... Sniper is one of the easiest classes to play in the game.... Pew pew pew hunker down pew pew knockback pew pew pew... you win..... if your really spending time reading this your sad.

Lol, someone just got pwned by a sniper :)

Edited by NoTomorrow

Then ummmmm? Why are you here?

I thinks that why there is sections... So that yous can see what may help you without reading the pew pew stuffs. Granted from the looks of it u don't really know how to fight a sniper... Must be hard being a sorc or sin or smasher in 2.0

Line of sight doesn't agree with you. nor does stealth.

You are that guy that is wondering why you can't stun me as I'm capping a node while entrenched, right?

Or wondering why you are taking damage through force shroud?

Edited by THobbsy