BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sentinel, watchman spec for a tiny bit of self healing.

I'm confused, what are you taking dmg from? If you are line of sighting everything nothing should be hitting you when he spawns his clones. Hit em once or twice to poof them, and make sure no other clones are winding up a spell to kill you (line of sight them).

I had some trouble telling which were clones occasionally, but you notice they have full health while emperor will have much less (he didnt spawn clones at 75% for me, he did it at 95%, then 85%, then a large gap until 25% and 15%).

What I did, as a Guardian:

I taunted him to pull him, threw my lightsaber to get a fix on which one was the actual Emperor *sometimes the circle was a little hard to see amongst everything else* and waited for him to start casting force storm, to which I interrupted by leaping at him. T7 was able to clear out the first wave of clones by himself using his AOE tanking abilities and DPS stance.

At this point you have to use whatever heavy DPS abilities and cooldowns you have to get to phase two, which is when another set of clones appears.

At this point I force push the Emperor and AOE the clones, then get behind a pillar cause of the death field aoe. By this point T7 is in rough shape. Jump back out, kick the next cast and take him to phase three.

On phase three, T7 was able to hurt the next wave of clones and I finished them off with Force Sweep. He casts an ability here, its something like Force Wave or something. Something with Force in the name that isn't Force Lightning. It is a really long cast. On his first cast, Force Stasis right when the cast is about to finish, then kick the next one, also at the end of the cast.

This took me several tries and a little luck was involved.

By the way, if you are having problems with getting T7 some gear, the little puzzle on the main floor of the temple opens up a box with some greens for him. Not a full set but better than most of the items you can get. All you have to do is change the emblem on the ground to an imperial emblem using the panels on the backs of the pillars.

Thank you for your replies, and for writing them without contempt for my apparent sucking.

I move behind the pillars, which correctly stops them from casting on me. I let them then run to me and move into my melee range, at which point I am able to kill them in one attack. Yet by the time I one-hit kill the last clone, a good portion of my health has been taken away.

It's like they were all able to run up to me, and damage me as I wait for the global cooldown of my Strike before hitting the next clone.

For what it's worth, I'm a Combat Sentinel.

he's targeting me with his AOE ability, despite the fact I'm behind the pillar. Maybe I've got a new brand of bug, but he's still kicking my butt.

and on top of that, the moment they can see me they can use their little lightining strike without any cooldown, which slows me and I take a bit of damage for it.

Edited by Dragongit

Things seemed to better this time. The clones ran at me behind the pillar a little slower than before, giving me time to pick them off better. I got the Emp down to 15%, I was at above 50%, ran out to pop off a Dispatch.. and he did his instant move that threw me into a wall and killed me.

I guess I'll get there eventually, but I really hope the other classes are more fun, and story much better, than Knight has been.

Alright, another 5 tries, and about 25K more in repairs, still nothing. Nothing says fast paced action like playing ring around the rosie with a sith emperor. Waiting for my med pack to get off cooldown. I got him past his third wave of clones, but the second he catches eye with me, he strikes me with lightning, slows me down, catches up, and continues to throw stuff at me and I die. The end.

A friend in my guild is at level 47 right now, hopefully tomorrow they will be able to help me out. I dont' even know what the best gear to get is, since nobody does flashpoints on my server, not at that level anyway. I won't see many at my level for at least another 2 weeks. So much for believing I was ahead of the game.

I know I might not know the game well, I never played beta, but this guy is just... rrrrrrrr... I've been trying all day since yesterday, I was at 1,100,000 credits or so, and now I'm down to 800k with repairs, buying stims, and upgrading my T7 unit. I swear to god I'm turning him into a trashbin when I'm done with this thing. I have never hated a companion more in any game then this little bugger.

Ok this is a really easy and incredibly cheap way to do it. Took this strategy from someone else's post, here goes.

When first clones spawn use awe and strike each down. Push the emperor away and run down the hall to the stairwell area. Force push him off the edge, if you get the right direction he'll lose massive hp. My first push went from 92% down to 33%. He'll teleport back and summon clones, wait and dispatch them. Depending on his hp he might summon another set of clones, dispatch as well. Repeat force push off the ledge as many times as necessary. Once he dies run back to the throne room and speak to him.

Alright, another 5 tries, and about 25K more in repairs, still nothing. Nothing says fast paced action like playing ring around the rosie with a sith emperor. Waiting for my med pack to get off cooldown. I got him past his third wave of clones, but the second he catches eye with me, he strikes me with lightning, slows me down, catches up, and continues to throw stuff at me and I die. The end.

A friend in my guild is at level 47 right now, hopefully tomorrow they will be able to help me out. I dont' even know what the best gear to get is, since nobody does flashpoints on my server, not at that level anyway. I won't see many at my level for at least another 2 weeks. So much for believing I was ahead of the game.

I know I might not know the game well, I never played beta, but this guy is just... rrrrrrrr... I've been trying all day since yesterday, I was at 1,100,000 credits or so, and now I'm down to 800k with repairs, buying stims, and upgrading my T7 unit. I swear to god I'm turning him into a trashbin when I'm done with this thing. I have never hated a companion more in any game then this little bugger.

Agreed with the T7 companion ********! Mine was wearing the lvl 9 **** from tython. I got one epic drop for him from a mob but I spend hours killing what I could, respawning and just running past mobs to get to the "checkpoints"

I don't even want to Fleet Pass out, because it's such a chore getting through the area if I come back. Between the issue of hoods, the complete awfulness of the Knight story at a few certain parts, and this fight.. man, I just don't know anymore.

I'm really enjoying my Trooper that I was playing with a buddy, but if the experience will be like the Knight's journey to 50, bleh.

Ok this is a really easy and incredibly cheap way to do it. Took this strategy from someone else's post, here goes.

When first clones spawn use awe and strike each down. Push the emperor away and run down the hall to the stairwell area. Force push him off the edge, if you get the right direction he'll lose massive hp. My first push went from 92% down to 33%. He'll teleport back and summon clones, wait and dispatch them. Depending on his hp he might summon another set of clones, dispatch as well. Repeat force push off the ledge as many times as necessary. Once he dies run back to the throne room and speak to him.

It's a good plan, but not for a Sentinel without Push, or any knockback abilities.

you can tell ppl to do hide behind the pillar..go to the stairs and everything...BUT your not supposed to do those things if the fight wasnt this hard to beat..if its even to hard with 2 ppl then how are we supposed to do it solo...the JK story up until this fight was awesome..but this thing just ruins the whole experience

and the stair thing doesnt work...he teleports back...but he gets full health again..so it seems to me they fixed the only bloody way to get this guy the easy way

Edited by darkbillie

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

1) Did you save your companion?

2) What is your advanced class and tree spec?

This fight is designed to be soloable by fully utilizing your interrupts. You should not need to use any LOS tricks, etc, but we will take a look at exactly which circumstances are making this fight undefeatable for some players.

Thanks for your help!

Again, hes solo-able, easily.

Line of sight him.

Example of line of site (X) = You. (E) = Emperor. (P) Pillar.

(X) - (P) - (E).

(u has graf nao).

Use the pillars up by his throne, use the side of the stairs where you drop down off of them. If he can not directly see you, he cannot hit you with his spells. When he reaches you, and tries to cast, hit him a bit, interrupt his LONG cast, and hit him some more, then run and LINE OF SIGHT him again. He will try to cast, and try to follow, and then try to cast again.

Keep line of sighting him, hitting him when hes close.

He has a ground targeted AE ability that you will see appear beneath you when you are behind the pillars. I'm not 100% sure it will go off when your behind em, but I still MOVE TO ANOTHER pillar while he casts that (hitting him along the way, its a long cast, and if it goes off it will ONLY do damage in the area he is casting it on, not on you so you dont want to interrupt it, you get free dmg with no risk).

When he spawns his clones: as SOON as he warps to spawn them (you SHOULD be fighting him up by his chair) run behind a pillar. All his adds will spawn, try to target you and cast, cant see you, and then run to you.

As they come up, hit them once or twice, and they poof. STAY BEHIND THE PILLARS.

Repeat this ad nauseum, and he will die.

Super Pro Tip: If you mess up, and take a big hit, you can just constantly hide behind pillars and running to a new pillar when he gets close, doing no damage and taking no risks, until your med packs come off cool down.

This is his super big secretz gimmick. He casts spells. You line of sight them. His melee is pathetically weak.

I tried to tank and spank him alot with no success, usind the pillars was a good idea, also droping down the stars and hiding behind that torch then force jumping a clone to get up again. his melee is indeed really week. you help me alot with this post thank you.

I'm a level 50 guardian. I'm well geared, as is T7. I can tank most elite mobs with my rotation with taking very minimal damage. This is without using cool downs. However, fighting the emperor, I gave it everything I had. Including all my cool downs, stim, medipac... I simply COULD NOT beat this. I had to get help. I attempted this fight about 10 times. The best I got was about taking him down to 30%. This is simply too hard for guardian. I suggest spawning less shadows to balance the fight. Edited by IamKhan

I'm going to have to jump in here and agree.

Why the **** do I not find out I have to use T7 until I'm half way into the *********** mission? Why the hell am I forced to use one companion over another to begin with? This IS an MMO, not a single player game - despite the story elements.

Here is how I did it:

Get to maximum range you can and send T7 to attack Emperor. As soon as you do that start running to previous room with the 8 or so pillars and hide behind one of them. The adds will arrive first and will go to meele range, unlike Emperor who will try to cast AoE through the pillar. You just oneshot the adds with autoattacks, one by one and then just use your cauterize and start putting whatever dot you have on Emperor and backing off as soon as it is up to line of sight Emperors casts.

You cant stand in and try to interrupt as you will need your interrupt for the AOE he casts, which is only thing he can do to you through the pillar. As soon as you see the AOE circle on the ground you run out of cover and put up another dot on him while interrupting the AOE.

If for some reason he happens to succesfuly cast his AoE you will have to pop your cooldowns, Force Fade talent in watchman helps a lot here and switch pillar ASAP.

You dont really have much room for error but it seems to be the easiest way to do it if your T7 isnt really pimped :D

Hopefuly it will help some struggling with this quest.

Edited by Maddoxtor

I'm going to have to jump in here and agree.

Why the **** do I not find out I have to use T7 until I'm half way into the *********** mission? Why the hell am I forced to use one companion over another to begin with? This IS an MMO, not a single player game - despite the story elements.

Yeh they should let people take companions they want and make Emperor **** up their minds to fight you so the fight gets even harder.

Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

This fight is designed to be soloable by fully utilizing your interrupts. You should not need to use any LOS tricks, etc, but we will take a look at exactly which circumstances are making this fight undefeatable for some players.

Thanks for your help!

I think there are two issues with this fight if you are not supposed to LoSing.

As a Sentinel / Watchman spec.

1) The UI can sometimes lag because its waiting for an animation to finish, and you wont force kick until that animation completes. Certain moves should overwrite ANY animation.

2) When he splits into 5 clones, are they supposed to hit for full damage? When all 5 come out, if I'm not behind a pillar, I will just explode.

#2 Always happens to T7, he will easily live when the emperor is by himself (when I focus on interrupting and don't use any long animation abilities, such as Merciless Strike). When the clones come out, he gets obliterated even using all his defensive cool downs.

Regarding the clones: I tried using Force Sweep/Cyclone Slash to despawn them all at once, but this seems to never work. I have to directly target each one and hit them to despawn them.

If the clones would despawn from a force sweep/cyclone slash, their damage being high can be understandable. Otherwise if you are not supposed to despawn them with those abilities, their damage should be lower, as you WILL get hit by them at some point (at least 1-2 + emperor).

One thing I never tried was Awe. I had gotten the ability the day before the fight and wasn't using it much in PvE. Now that I have PvP'd a bit, I use Awe a lot. I wish I could go back and attempt the fight again. I think with a 1 minute cooldown you wouldn't be able to use it on every spawn of clones.

Hey folks!

Thanks for your help!

I just finished this last night actually and had to los etc to burn him down. Being stuck in the middle of a bunch of clones throwing lightning at you drops your health drastically and pretty much immediately.

1) Yes I did

2) Jedi Guardian, Defense Spec'd

I found that I wasn't able to use any AoE to get rid of the clones, they each had to be targeted individually and attacked to dissipate. Needless to say tab targeting 5 clones and hitting an attack key takes time, and by the time they're all gone you don't' have enough health left to make it through the fight.

The fight would be fine as is, if the clones did less damage with their lightning so it was possible to kill them off without taking too much damage, or if I could use an AoE to clear the room (Sweep, Cyclone).

It also would have been nice to know that you should be outfitting T7 so that he was at least somewhat useful in the final battle.

Hey folks!

Thanks for your help!

1. Yes

2. Guardian, Vigilance Spec (remaining points in Focus).

As others have said the clones do too much damage and must be targeted individually. By the time you take out the first wave of clones you are left with about half health.

I've only attempted the fight a few times with similar results. Clones do too much damage. There is also the issue of all the trash that needs to be cleared up to the fight. the Strong characters are too strong do too much Damage. In some cases the Strong Characters do more damage then most Elite Characters.