[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)

Incorrect.

For one thing, we allow individual piece matching against chest color in 1.2.

On top of that, we full mod customization of all purple gear in 1.2, including the ability to extract and transfer endgame set bonuses onto custom gear.

-- Georg

Georg

In the future, is there a chance instead of "Hue to Chest", there may be a "Hue to Helmet" or "Hue to Pants"?

There are a few pieces of gear (for troopers at least) that look very cool, and have wonderful colors, but do not have chest pieces. (Or the chest pieces have the right colors, but don't look like something any self-respecting trooper would wear.)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incorrect.

On top of that, we full mod customization of all purple gear in 1.2, including the ability to extract and transfer endgame set bonuses onto custom gear.

-- Georg

Hey Georg, this is not armor customization. Not really anyways since changing the stats out of purples does absolutely nothing to change the looks of the armor. Thanks for finally getting color match to chest to work.

We've got plenty of item mod customization, but still very little armor customization. Maybe you can check out DCUO, LotRO or even SWG's gear customization/appearance tabs & bring some of their ideas over here to SWTOR. We all know you have ex-SWG Dev AdeptStrain, creator of SWG's a-tab working for you guys now on SWTOR.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

Georg

In the future, is there a chance instead of "Hue to Chest", there may be a "Hue to Helmet" or "Hue to Pants"?

There are a few pieces of gear (for troopers at least) that look very cool, and have wonderful colors, but do not have chest pieces. (Or the chest pieces have the right colors, but don't look like something any self-respecting trooper would wear.)

I'd love to see this idea here in TOR. It's the same basic "original" design for color match that was originally used in the Hellgate:London MMO, BioWare borrowed it for TOR but limited it to only match chest color. You could match the rest of your armor coloring to any one piece of your armor set, this design provided much more options for customization.

Hey Georg, this is not armor customization. Not really anyways since changing the stats out of purples does absolutely nothing to change the looks of the armor. Thanks for finally getting color match to chest to work.

We've got plenty of item mod customization, but still very little armor customization. Maybe you can check out DCUO, LotRO or even SWG's gear customization/appearance tabs & bring some of their ideas over here to SWTOR. We all know you have ex-SWG Dev AdeptStrain, creator of SWG's a-tab working for you guys now on SWTOR.

I think you're a little confused about what the new system allows. You are no longer stuck wearing a specific armor to get something that is best in slot. Instead, you can take the mods out of that new purple armor you just got, and place them in whichever corresponding orange gear you like the look of the best.

It's not an appearance tab per se, but some of us like what Bioware is proposing better than the system other games use. It's definitely a step in the right direction when it comes to customization.

Devs had mentioned in the summit that you can RE raid gear. I'm assuming this is so you could make it again with an augment slot. If this is the case will we have to pickup armormech or synthweaving to have 'best in slot gear' that looks like max level raid gear?

:eek:

I think you're a little confused about what the new system allows. You are no longer stuck wearing a specific armor to get something that is best in slot. Instead, you can take the mods out of that new purple armor you just got, and place them in whichever corresponding orange gear you like the look of the best.

It's not an appearance tab per se, but some of us like what Bioware is proposing better than the system other games use. It's definitely a step in the right direction when it comes to customization.

Yeah, I'd much rather have this mod system than an appearance tab. It actually provides something to work for instead of simply grabbing a random green you got, dropping it in a tab and being done with it.

As for Georg's quote that does help with some of my concerns if ALL epic gear(including greens that you RE'd up to epic) is fully moddable, essentially making it orange. That provides a much larger pool of potential gear to use when 1.2 comes out instead of the very few orange crafted sets.

-- Georg

And it'll only cost you 250,000 creds to change clothes once.

Edited by Gyrfalcon

Georg

I would like to know if this option will be added too.

There are a few sets where the helmet looks great, but the rest of the set does not have the same colors (and there are no other sets with those colors). For example, the Ciridium Onslaught Bounty Hunter helmet. It's an OD green helmet with red trim. The rest of the armor is a greenish/yellowish mix that doesn't seem to match that well. The only armor that matches it is on some of the NPC vendors in the fleet.

Or are the plans to put in something like City of Heroes uses, where you can select the primary and secondary color of each piece, and color match all the armor to any piece (not just the chest).

Edited by Flying-Brian

While we are at it, maybe you can give us a confirmation on some of my current assumptions:

- Extracting all pieces from a purple item effectively makes them equivalent to an orange item, i.e. you can put in anything you want (for example, fill a Sith Juggernaut piece with Bounty Hunter mods)

- Not only set items from vendors, but all (or just high level?) purple items allow extraction of mods; I further assume this means you can take one of the many purple belts or bracers and empty them out or partially modify/upgrade them. This would provide a welcome end on the very limited situation regarding moddable belts and bracers, particularly since for some ACs there aren't any at all.

Yes. :)

Incorrect.

-- Georg

I recall seeing that set bonuses are going to be attached to the Armoring, is that right? If so, why is this the case? What if I liked a set bonus from a previous tier, or maybe the DPS set bonus on my Tank gear for various reasons?

Edited by StealthStalker

I'm loving this (hint: make all gear moddable)!

But I'm a bit confused as to why the purple gear will remain its own item quality... why not simply make them orange all the way?

Or maybe that's what you are already doing. I was just thinking about it since there are non-orange gear that are also fully moddable in the game right now. Green parts for droids and a "Legendary" (whatever that is supposed to mean) pistol for BHs on Hoth.

So we'll have even more Juggernauts who suddenly grapple us, Smugglers who suddenly Force Charge us and Marauders who suddenly vanish into stealth just as we approach them? Yay. :(

Are there any UI changes planned, then, to make it at least clear what the class of your current target is, if you can't see it on them in the game world? I mean, that's horribad in itself, having to refer to the UI to figure out what the person coming at me actually IS, but it's better than not having a chance to know until it's too late.

Perhaps that bothers not many others because it's most important in Huttball, and nobody but me seems to like that?

So we'll have even more Juggernauts who suddenly grapple us, Smugglers who suddenly Force Charge us and Marauders who suddenly vanish into stealth just as we approach them? Yay. :(

Are there any UI changes planned, then, to make it at least clear what the class of your current target is, if you can't see it on them in the game world? I mean, that's horribad in itself, having to refer to the UI to figure out what the person coming at me actually IS, but it's better than not having a chance to know until it's too late.

Perhaps that bothers not many others because it's most important in Huttball, and nobody but me seems to like that?

any reason you can't look at the weapon(s) of the target to tell you this?

if i have 1 blaster I can only be 1 class on any side

2 blasters ... easy

double-saber ... easy

2 sabers ... easy

1 saber ... take two guesses. the one in front and not in the back is the juggernaut

rifle ... easy

questions?

any reason you can't look at the weapon(s) of the target to tell you this?

if i have 1 blaster I can only be 1 class on any side

2 blasters ... easy

double-saber ... easy

2 sabers ... easy

1 saber ... take two guesses. the one in front and not in the back is the juggernaut

rifle ... easy

questions?

If they're in combat, everything is shiney. Bright, glowy sticks makes it all clear.

But if they're out of combat, distinguising the thing at their hip as a blaster or a saber hilt is simply not possible at the distance of their charges, pulls and other important ranged abilities.

If something looking like an Agent is coming towards me with the Huttball, I don't normally need to jump off a ledge/hide to prevent them from charging me. But if they're out of combat and their weapon is holstered, I just can't see it fast enough.

Recognizing what you're up against before they start using abilities is important, and if there's nothing done about this, I feel forced to "dress up" myself if I want to be fighting on an even battlefield. And I kinda want to look like the class I play, you know?

I'm not saying forbid "crossdressing", I'd just like some tools to make sure I have the information I believe I should have. In WoW, Unitframe Addons display the healthbar of the target in the color associated with their class, for example. That way you're at least aware of the class of your target right off the bat.

I mean, I'm not even getting into how this kinda kills the whole iconic nature of the classes... I see the value of "crossdressing" for roleplaying, for example. But gaining a PvP advantage from it? Come on...

Well then in question to that, are you retrofitting all the purple gear from the past drops, like world drops and such (prototype), in order to extract armoring and mods from that as well? Furthermore, are all the purples that are capable of being made by any crafter have the option of extracting those things? Or, are these changes only affective for new gear being realeased and past gear with this option already present in the gear?

Nope as the legacy abilits require an active companion so they can't be used in WZ's.

Open world is a different story but heroic abilites are available to all.

Incorrect.

-- Georg

Does this mean Expertise is also transferable?

edit''''edit''' - 1 does

Edited by Lesrach

Does does this mean Expertise is also transferable?

This is a question that I have yet to see a real direct answer to.

We need to all push this one.

Because if Expertise is not pullable to be put on crafted stuff, then we will not get any real improvement to the desire of craftable stuff or character customization.

Schematics need an 'already known' label so players are not constantly flipping back and forth between their bags/GTN and their crew skill window to see if they already have a particular schematic.

I would really, truly appreciate this feature. I find it very annoying to search for schematics on my host of crafters.

Several people have mentioned the idea of adding a craftable consumable that adds an augment slot to items.

I support this idea, but only if all items can have at most one augment slot. Otherwise, we're back where we started; people would need the critted orange crafted pieces, then need to add the extra augment slot, to get BIS.

Edited by Aloro

I was just thinking about it since there are non-orange gear that are also fully moddable in the game right now. Green parts for droids and a "Legendary" (whatever that is supposed to mean) pistol for BHs on Hoth.

There are also green moddable weapons for several companions, e.g. Khem Val can get a green moddable vibrosword (from a Dromund Kaas quest as I recall).

I think it'd be simplest to make all moddable items the same color.