Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Cretinus

You people who play the flashpoints over and over again need to get a life or buy some new games. Playing SWTOR obsessively is clearly not a good use of your time.

If, as some have said here, your time is so valuable, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING THIS STUPID FLASHPOINT AGAIN? If you just want to skip all the cutscenes, then you obviously are not playing to enjoy yourself, and if you aren't playing to enjoy yourself, then I wonder why you're playing at all.

Black Hole comms is the answer you seek.

A better fix would be to remove to BH comm carrot from these, that way, only people interested in running these will apply.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really simple: if YOU want to spacebar through the converstations, do so and the wait out the "Waiting on Group" message.

Simple.

Don't impose YOUR preferred style of play on others. Sure, YOU'VE run that FP 50 times but it might be someone else's first time there.

On a side note:

YOU might also want to consider that not everyone is there just for the commendations and that some people are still gearing up. So next time you want to skip a boss, ask first and don't just run past. (I've run into groups who've never fought certain bosses because they've always just ran past them in other groups and then when we do them they actually get a gear upgrade...)

You people who play the flashpoints over and over again need to get a life or buy some new games. Playing SWTOR obsessively is clearly not a good use of your time.

If, as some have said here, your time is so valuable, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING THIS STUPID FLASHPOINT AGAIN? If you just want to skip all the cutscenes, then you obviously are not playing to enjoy yourself, and if you aren't playing to enjoy yourself, then I wonder why you're playing at all.

- BH comms, which can kit your alts as soon as they hit 50.

- BH comms, which will buy Campaign armorings soon.

- BH comms / Gear for a guildie.

I listed 3 valid reasons for why I would play a FP for the 500th time. You only got "cos I don`t wanna spacebar".

It is really simple: if YOU want to spacebar through the converstations, do so and the wait out the "Waiting on Group" message.

Simple.

Don't impose YOUR preferred style of play on others. Sure, YOU'VE run that FP 50 times but it might be someone else's first time there.

On a side note:

YOU might also want to consider that not everyone is there just for the commendations and that some people are still gearing up. So next time you want to skip a boss, ask first and don't just run past. (I've run into groups who've never fought certain bosses because they've always just ran past them in other groups and then when we do them they actually get a gear upgrade...)

Use story mode. Play with this attitude and I`ll ask you once. I won`t ask you a second time...

Again:

Storymode: STORY and no cinematic skipping

Hard Mode: Farm, grind, challenge, should be done in the shortest possible time frame.

Queue up for storymode if you don't want to skip. And, obviously, if you're not skipping then it's likely your first time in the flashpoint. You SHOULD complete story mode to have an idea of the fights and some mechanics before entering Hard mode.

Use story mode. Play with this attitude and I`ll ask you once. I won`t ask you a second time...

This isn't YOUR game. YOU are playing with others. As such YOUR preferences end where their preferences begin. If YOU want to skip conversations, do it. If YOU want others to do it, group with like minded players. Don't impose YOUR style of play on others.

Again:

Hard Mode: Farm, grind, challenge, should be done in the shortest possible time frame.

Queue up for storymode if you don't want to skip. And, obviously, if you're not skipping then it's likely your first time in the flashpoint. You SHOULD complete story mode to have an idea of the fights and some mechanics before entering Hard mode.

if the HM's weren't so easy i would agree as far as doing them on normal mode for story i can agree with this up untill battle of ilium, False Emperor and D7 and kaon/lost island since there is no point doing them on SM when you can do easily only HM and get some gear but even then space bar or no shouldn't matter unless you are in a hurry after all people are trying to enjoy the game

Edited by Zaxem

Again:

Interesting idea. Pity it flies right out the window when even doing "storymode" (while leveling) people are asking/demanding others spacebar through conversations.

Again:

If you want to skip the conversations, skip them. Don't tell others to do the same.

People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.

I do not do HM's over and oaver for story. It gets to be like watching the same commercial repeatedly. So yes, I will still ask folks to skip. That said, if someone is new I have no issues. Can sort of guage this by gear and play skill.

It's not just "your" time but the three others in the group. Do story mode, bring friends that want to see it as well so you have 2/4 or 3/4 of the group.

Expecting folks to watch the story for the 100th time is just as bad as being a "please space" person.

This isn't YOUR game. YOU are playing with others. As such YOUR preferences end where their preferences begin. If YOU want to skip conversations, do it. If YOU want others to do it, group with like minded players. Don't impose YOUR style of play on others.

Your statment works both ways.

Just as ... IF YOU want others to wait while you watch the story then group with like minded players.

What they need is to create a speed run option that players can select at the beginning. At least at that point it's decided from the beginning and you don't have to fight about it every time a conversation comes up.

That would be one hell of a solution. God I would love that. 8) Then I could purposly do story when I want to for the first few times. 8) It just needs once a day lockouts for story so I don't repeat it after the first or you will still get spacebarers when you get a repeat. 8) Then you can do one a day in story mode and the rest in hurry!

Your statment works both ways.

Yes it does. See next response.

Just as ... IF YOU want others to wait while you watch the story then group with like minded players.

I don't WANT others to do anything.

Now, here's the kicker:

I personally will spacebar through conversations. If others do it too: great! If they don't: I wait. I don't impose anything on others. I suggest you do the same. As I said before: your preferences end where their preferences begin.

A HM flashpoint is done 100 times already, not to be fun anymore. Everybody is there for comms/gear/weekly/daily, not for fun. Fun is when you do it the first time in story mode.

I stopped doing flashpoints a while ago when I ran our of uses for the comms. I would love to que up for a fp and actually get to do the flashpoint. I stopped running them back when all the tricks for only fighting one guy in the whole flashpoint wasn't common knowledge.Yes I have done the fp's 100 times. But guess what every once and a while I want to watch the story I want to kill the mobs.

I get the reason why people "have to" grind fl for bh comms on 3-4 toons. but that sounds a lot like work. Maybe you guys that are avid about only doing the bare minimum in and for runs should take a chill pill and try to do stuff you actually enjoy for a while. You may get to a point where the fp are fun again.

This is a statement more than anything: "I want to do things my way, regardless".

I`m sorry, but things are not working this way... never have. The majority will dictate for the minority. It`s not about me, as it is more about what it is expected - and the vast majority wants the fastest possible run.

Some just want to be smartypants and make a big deal out of how this game should be played and whatnot.. frankly... I am bringing the tank and the healer AND one DPS, if I am to PuG. I fully expect a player to go with the majority... if not, no problem. DPS are a dime a dozen, so filling one spot is not a problem.

tl;dr: this is not a principle problem and it never was. Majority dictates for the minority. If not, spacebar is implied, because that is the "norm" for Tier 1 PuGs. Anything else is confrontational crap that has no place and means kick + ignore.

Edited by Styxx

I stopped doing flashpoints a while ago when I ran our of uses for the comms. I would love to que up for a fp and actually get to do the flashpoint. I stopped running them back when all the tricks for only fighting one guy in the whole flashpoint wasn't common knowledge.Yes I have done the fp's 100 times. But guess what every once and a while I want to watch the story I want to kill the mobs.

I get the reason why people "have to" grind fl for bh comms on 3-4 toons. but that sounds a lot like work. Maybe you guys that are avid about only doing the bare minimum in and for runs should take a chill pill and try to do stuff you actually enjoy for a while. You may get to a point where the fp are fun again.

We do it more than you think we are. If a guy is sensible about it and asks nice and polite, why not? We will go out of our way and not spacebar, unless we know it`s a long cutscene.

But I never liked snotty individuals, as some sound in here. Be nice and polite and you`d be surprised what you can get out of it. Be confrontational and you usually get kicks and ignores.

All I ask is... be polite, don`t demand. It`s really stupid to demand from 3 identically tagged players in a FP. Ask nicely and you might just get lucky.

People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.

I always facepalm when someone starts spamming chat with "spacebar it you fool! Spacebar! spacebar!" 10-49. Why those people even join flashpoints in those levels? It's not necessary to do them at all as you get better mods/gear few levels later from planetary comms anyway.

I fully understand annoyance, when someone in HM slows down your run, but in story mode? Dude what the hell are you doing? I hate to say it, but maybe it's time to change MMO? Nobody cares if you seen it 1000 times or more. If someone doesn't spacebar it means he wants to see it.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

The only time I will spacebar through a HM is when I have done it more than one time during the day...otherwise I am going to enjoy the convos to the game I pay for. And more often than not, if you demand the group spacebar, I will purposely NOT do it....and as a tank I dare you to get pissy about it.....our spots in GF dont fill as quickly as the others do :)

Hey, if I have seen the cutscene, np. I'll spacebar. But the if someone starts whining about space bar. I enjoy the cut scenes. Not trying to grief anyone but I'm sick of the space bar police.

Don`t worry. We are sick of the anti space bar police too.

This is a statement more than anything: "I want to do things my way, regardless".

I`m sorry, but things are not working this way... never have. The majority will dictate for the minority. It`s not about me, as it is more about what it is expected - and the vast majority wants the fastest possible run.

Some just want to be smartypants and make a big deal out of how this game should be played and whatnot.. frankly... I am bringing the tank and the healer AND one DPS, if I am to PuG. I fully expect a player to go with the majority... if not, no problem. DPS are a dime a dozen, so filling one spot is not a problem.

tl;dr: this is not a principle problem and it never was. Majority dictates for the minority. If not, spacebar is implied, because that is the "norm" for Tier 1 PuGs. Anything else is confrontational crap that has no place and means kick + ignore.

It is funny to read how you assume that you are in the majority. :)

It is also funny to see you saying "This is a statement more than anything: "I want to do things my way, regardless". ". Pot calling the kettle black? :D

Really, this is a moot point. Everyone starts out watching the cutscenes and reading through the conversations. Everyone then naturally progresses to spacebarring through the conversations and cutscenes because they have seen it before.

What I find amazing is how many people simple "forget" how they were "that guy" in the beginning too.

As I mentioned before in this thread, I personnally spacebar through conversations and cutscenes. However, unlike many others in this thread, I defend others right to not do so.