Marksmen or Lethality?

VbNAsrikk

Marksman does the highest damage the quickest last I checked. Throw down an Explosive Prove, Ambush, Instant Snipe + Followthrough your target has just lost half (or near half) of his life. Depending on wether he has shields up or whatnot.

This opinion has nothing to do with the fact that I am full Marksmanship.

Edited by Chlomamf

Marksmen has prob the highest burst out of the three specs, but it's prob the worse of the 3 trees due to it being nearly all white damage. Most of it's damage is all casted/channeled so people LoS you really ****s with the tree.

Engineering has the best utility and surv and pumps out 2nd highest dps. It doesn't require set up like lethality either.

Lethality prob does most dps of the 3, but it requires a lot of set up time. It also has lots of energy problems.

IMO, it's fairly simple. If you want to just screw around and have fun, go lethality and dot the crap outta people then crush them with Cull. There's no more enjoyment than seeing a sorc/sage force speed away after a Cull, because u know u scared the S**t out of them. Also, LoS is less of an issue in this spec too.

If you want to be more team oriented (once again, IMO), you can run MM or Eng. MM puts out a lot of DPS, some sick burst and the fastest target switching of the three specs (focus fire anyone?). Eng has area denial, puts out it's fair share of DPS too and will destroy the other two sniper specs in a duel (once again, IMO).

Marksmen has prob the highest burst out of the three specs, but it's prob the worse of the 3 trees due to it being nearly all white damage. Most of it's damage is all casted/channeled so people LoS you really ****s with the tree.

Engineering has the best utility and surv and pumps out 2nd highest dps. It doesn't require set up like lethality either.

Lethality prob does most dps of the 3, but it requires a lot of set up time. It also has lots of energy problems.

if u get a arround 38-40% crit its ok, u get enough energy regeneration

problem are cleansers, is funny but non efficient

if u get a arround 38-40% crit its ok, u get enough energy regeneration

problem are cleansers, is funny but non efficient

The problem also is people dying too fast. I'm also not one of those bastards that tab dots everything because that totally ****s with CC and is only good for lawlscoreboard.

My personal favorite spec is probably lethality because it's just fun destroying people when you get everything set up right. I would use engineering for rateds though.

Edited by Smashbrother

The problem also is people dying too fast. I'm also not one of those bastards that tab dots everything because that totally ****s with CC and is only good for lawlscoreboard.

My personal favorite spec is probably lethality because it's just fun destroying people when you get everything set up right. I would use engineering for rateds though.

Unfortunately you need to do that because of how energy regen system works. More dots= more energy for you

In modern situation - marksmen.

Unless you want to be frequently hit by 7 000 k attacks.

May be when we see over 9000 tanks cause of future balancing changes, lethality could rock the place.

this is basically what we had during the era of 1.2 on our server. Tanks tanks tanks, and Target acquired was a mere 20% alacrity buff without accuracy and armor penetration. You couldn't do crap to tanks with MM back then. Most of the snipers were lethality.

Marksman.

Lethality is annoying to play with. Dotting everything just makes it harder for CC to stick. I'm pretty sure any tech cleanser can just run around tech cleansing and Lethality becomes useless?

Lethality is better for numbers though. :rolleyes:

Lethality is very long sustained damage with no survivability help...very bad for pvp. PvP is about burst damage and survivability mostly and as snipers/slingers have close to zero mobility, so you really are doing it wrong if you are pvp with Lethality spec.

Eng for me puts up the highest numbers and is the most useful in most games.

In modern situation - marksmen.

Unless you want to be frequently hit by 7 000 k attacks.

May be when we see over 9000 tanks cause of future balancing changes, lethality could rock the place.

Yeah, seemingly MM is the survivability spec these days. Seems Lethailty went out with the tanks and MM rose with the armor piercing, ENG really has been consistent in it's utility and damage, and really it survivability is good outside of AOEs.