Dark Side Analysis: Darth Krayt (Part 2)

Bird_of_Thunder

Part 1 linked here ---> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=579665

Here's part two of my analysis on Darth Krayt. Enjoy!

Once Cade Skywalker was captured, Krayt himself oversaw the interrogation. Skywalker was able to rid himself of the poisons Darth Maladi was using, which impressed the Dark Lord. Krayt then ordered the poisoning of Jariah Syn and Delliah Blue, whom Cade saved. The rogue Jedi struck a deal with Krayt: If Skywalker stayed with the Sith, his friends would be let free. Krayt agreed and took the boy to his chambers, accompanied by Darth Wyrrlok and Darth Talon. When Krayt exposed his Jedi history, Cade wasn't surprised at all, which made Krayt think a bit. Then, angered by Talon, Skywalker attacked and almost killed the Twi'lek, showing Darth Krayt had found a valuable asset to his cause.

Krayt then told Cade to embrace his hatred, learn to control it. This lead to the rogue Jedi agreeing to learn how to become a Sith, and he was placed under the tutelage of Darth Talon. However, Talon warned Krayt that the boy was faking, but Krayt assured her that Skywalker would fall soon. Krayt eventually put Cade in the Embrace of Pain while the Dark Lord continued telling about his fall.

Skywalker eventually escaped the Embrace of Pain and attempted to flee the temple, but was quickly recaptured. Krayt told the young boy to execute a captured Jedi, and when Cade refused, the Dark Lord did it himself. This threw Skywalker into rage. Breaking the transparisteel glass around his father's lightsaber and stabbing Darth Talon, the rogue Jedi engaged Darth Nihl in a duel while Krayt observed, taunting the boy. Soon Nihl's right arm was cut off, and Krayt engaged the boy himself. As the Dark Lord was gaining the upper hand, Cade's mother, Morrigan Corde, shot Krayt in the back and allowed the boy to escape. Krayt wished to finish off Nihl for his failure, but Wyrrlok suggested that he could be valuable still. This led to Maladi replacing Nihl's arm with a Vong one, and Nihl being kicked from the position of Emperor's Hand. Krayt then rechristened him Strye and ordered that Talon be put in a bacta tank. The Dark Lord returned to stasis as Wyrrlok went in search of Darth Andeddu's tomb to find ancient texts to help the One Sith achieve victory.

Soon Admiral Gar Stazi captured an Imperious-class star destroyer. Krayt was angered by the failure of his underlings and went to confront Gial Gahan, formed Triumvir and supporter of the Galactic Alliance Remnant. Krayt, infuriated, slaughtered Gahan and all the other Mon Cal in the room, then ordered that ten percent of the Mon Calamari population be slain. He then ordered the execution of the Mon Cal council, including the Quarren who wished against Krayt's rule. This showed the galaxy what would happen to anyone who disobeyed the Dark Lord's empire.

As the hunt for Cade Skywalker continued, one a Krayt's minions (a Devaronian named Darth Reave) encountered a female Jedi named Celeste Morne, Skywalker, and a group of Imperial Knights and Jedi on the world of Had Abbadon, an Imperial military base. Morne used Sith magic to transform Reave's troops into Rakghouls. Reave fled to Coruscant to tell of Morne and her Rakghouls, but halfway through his report, the Devaronian himself turned into one, quickly to be decapitated by Darth Stryfe. Krayt, unfamiliar with the creature, asked Maladi about it, who explained the Rakghoul's origins.

Karness Muur, faking to be*Celeste Morne, presented Krayt with none other than Cade Skywalker himself. When Krayt pretended not to care, Muur sparked his interest with barrages of Force lightning. The Dark Lord traveled to Had Abbadon, only to be attacked by Skywalker and his forces. However, Karness Muur had actually taken control of Celeste Morne and wished to take over the Dark Lord's body. Krayt was then stabbed, lifted, and thrown off a cliff by Morne/Muur. However, Krayt caught himself with the Force, cushoning his fall. Wyrrlok had landed just before in his shuttle, and electrocuted Krayt, seemingly ending his life. Wyrrlok then put him in a stasis chamber in XoXaan's temple on Korriban. Soon, Darth Maladi began suspecting Wyrrlok of betrayal. She shared concerns with Darth Nihl, who went to see if Krayt was really alive or dead. When he landed at the temple, Nihl lied to Darth Talon about being summoned in his mind by Krayt. The two went to the stasis chamber to find that Krayt's body had vanished, but his armor was still there.

Nihl reported to Wyrrlok about Krayt's body dissapearing, and Wyrrlok covered it up by saying that someone had killed the recuperating Krayt, robbed his body, and left the armor. Wyrrlok then assumed position as Emperor, and Nihl framed Talon for having a hand in Krayt's disappearance. Nihl pursued Talon to the Valley of the Dark Lords, using the Force to track her. In a tomb, Talon saw the revived Krayt who granted her ability to sense any seekers, as well as healing himself of his Vong implants. Nihl found Talon and the two dueled until Krayt stopped it. He revealed that he had, over the decades, collected the most powerful Force-sensitive newborns and turned them into Sith soldiers with undying loyalty. Combining this factor with his new Sith starfighters, Krayt would attempt to use them to reassert dominance over the galaxy.

Krayt then took Nihl and Talon to Coruscant with two Sith troopers. Convinced by Wyrrlok that Krayt was an imposter, a group of Sith attacked, but Darth Krayt's forces had won. Angered, Wyrrlok dueled with Krayt until Krayt managed to impale his usurper. Krayt then reassumed position of Emperor and claimed that the galaxy must go through a process of death and resurrection as the Dark Lord had, and began making preparations for war.

Krayt led his Empire into total offensive, conquesting the galaxy and showing them the true meaning of fear. Eventually, one of Krayt's inquisitors, Darth Havok successfully extracted the location of the hidden Jedi temple by torturing Antares Draco. Krayt then received a message from Cade Skywalker, warning that he would kill the Dark Lord no matter what. Krayt decided that the boy must be killed and reborn, as Krayt had seen a vision of the young Jedi serving him.

Krayt launched an assault on the hidden temple at the planet of Taivas. However, Krayt still had Darth Nihl commanding his Sith troopers and Dragon ships, and they were waiting for the time to strike. Eventually the fight began, and while the Jedi and Imperial Knights defended the temple, Gar Stazi and Roan Fel's fleet attacked the Moff's fleet. Krayt was unsurprised by the attack and ordered Nihl's fleet to engage. This resulted in the death of one Moff and betrayal of another. Nihl's fleet decimated *both allies and Imperials. This gave the Alliance remnant a huge moral blow, the Moff Council much less power, and Krayt the opportunity to attack Bastion once again.

Roan Fel decided it was time to take the fight to the Sith on Coruscant. Fel was secretly planning to use Darth Maladi to unleash Omega Red, a virus that was supposed to kill the Sith. As Krayt spoke with Darth Nihl over holcomm, Talon came sputtering in and muttered Skywalker's name. She was then slammed against the wall by the Force and Cade Skywalker stepped in the room, lightsaber blaring and eyes fixed on Krayt. The two then dueled, and Krayt unleashed the dark transfer on Skywalker, killing him and giving him a vision of Coruscant in flames. Omega Red was originally engineered by Krayt secretly and the Sith were immune to it. Cade was then reborn and assured Krayt he knew of his destiny. He then swiftly impaled the Dark Lord, declared himself a Jedi, and ended Darth Krayt's life.

Good work.

Did you like krayts' re-birth and the Omega-red issue, never mind how it didn't make sense on a biological level, cause I didn't. Krayt worked as villian cause he was focused on Cade, the Wyylork (think I spelt it right) was not. He was a big issue for the galaxy, then Krayt comes back... and is a threat to the entire galaxy. It just seemed very unnecessary to me.

You forgot something: After stabbing Krayt, Cade took a transport so he can crush into Coruscant's sun with Krayt's

body so he wouldn't be resurected.But Luke's spirit told him to abandon it before it crushed,telling him that

Krayt will not return.So Cade left the transport before it crushed into the star,destroying Krayt forever.

Good read. Krayt seemed awful confident, didn't he? Can't say I blame him, though.

However, he should have gotten rid of Skywalker when he had the chance in my opinion.

He had a vision about Skywalker serving him, and with a member of one of the most powerful Jedi bloodlines at his side, it would've practically ensured victory. Krayt also needed Skywalker to heal his wounds of age and keep him alive

He had a vision about Skywalker serving him, and with a member of one of the most powerful Jedi bloodlines at his side, it would've practically ensured victory. Krayt also needed Skywalker to heal his wounds of age and keep him alive

True.

Maybe I don't give Krayt enough credit. Probably because I just don't like him :)

Edit: Don't ask me why. Because I don't really know.

Edited by Aurbere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's funny cause I was just reading entries on Darth Krayt in Wookiepedia and decided to see if anyone had written anything on him here. I for one thought Krayt was very fascinating and liked his idea of the One Sith which is very similar to what we have in this game.

I always likened the One Sith to an opposite Jedi Order without the Council. Krayt relied on a few advisers but for the most part relies on his own visions for the future to guide him. Very much unlike the Emperor we see in this game since his only goal is destruction of every living thing but very like Darth Sidious. Also in this game, we see a Dark Council which is a mirror to the Jedi Council in ways. Where I think that the One Sith has potential is that without a council and it's infighting, there is less of a chance for the Sith to turn on each other. Surprisingly, Krayt did an awesome job reigning in his Dark minions.

His failure of course is Cade Skywalker. I understand he thought he could turn him to the dark side but in the end it was not worth it. Moral: If you see a Skywalker, kill a Skywalker lol.

I gotta admit tho, I loved the legacy series and the back story of A'sharad Hett as Krayt. Even more the Sith that were introduced were awesome! Darth Talon? Wyyrlok?? Darth Nihl??? I think Darth Talon alone is worthy of another mention :D Plus the awesome Jedi we see like K'kruhk, Saizen, T'raa Saa and a few others.

• 1 year later...