Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

EricMusco

It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric

Can you give us information on pricing? Will it cost more or less than an Outlander token?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric

I prolly shouldn't say this Eric, but you've just opened a direct pipeline between my wallet and the CM :o - thanks for this!!

To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric

to get this right:

• only items that have a stat will break down into UC
  • All other items will continue to break down into CXP
  • to make sure we still do Warzones, FPs, and Ops you are doubling UCs for items that use UCs so that we dont use disentigration as the means to gain UCs...just as a supplement.
  • to make sure we still Warzones, FPs, and Ops as the primary UC generator, you are doubling what you get from those activities.

thats kind of you to bring that up now instead of 11/28. At this point I am expecting the disintegration conversion of stated items to be similar to what you get for a loss in a WZ...2 (is that right? i only concern myself with the daily/weekly amounts as the w/l amounts are so small). with that in mind, each crate will represent that amount.

good to know now so that i can plan accordingly.

to get this right:

• to make sure we still do Warzones, FPs, and Ops you are doubling UCs for items that use UCs so that we dont use disentigration as the means to gain UCs...just as a supplement.
  • to make sure we still Warzones, FPs, and Ops as the primary UC generator, you are doubling what you get from those activities.

thats kind of you to bring that up now instead of 11/28. At this point I am expecting the disintegration conversion of stated items to be similar to what you get for a loss in a WZ...2 (is that right? i only concern myself with the daily/weekly amounts as the w/l amounts are so small). with that in mind, each crate will represent that amount.

Now I just have to remind myself NOT to disintegrate until the update hits. :t_eek:

-eric

Ah. So a single use token. For some reason I had imagined a reusable, though I now realize that would've been too good to be true. Still, it's something.

As to the starter gear, are we talking static, similar to the previous tokens? Or 230 moddable? Is it legacy?

to get this right:

With a doubling of the base cost of all the old items, I fear the disintegration rate for UC will be extremely low.

I'm not really excited about that. Even though the only way to get those UC through crates is to complete content but apparently not the content biowares wants to you do and I know too many people that just hate PVP and you don't get any if you're not doing nightmare OPS IIRC and so few are doing that it's not even worth mentioning.

Are UC about to drop from SM and Vet OPS or is PVP the real only place to go to get them (besides disintegration)?

Edited by Quraswren

Probably already know the answer to this question but asking it anyway.

Since every thing will be doubled with UCs (costs and rewards), I get that this does not affect the cost/reward ratio. However, it devalues the unassembled components we have right now (they are worth half as much). Is there going to be a doubling up of components we already have, or should I spend them all before 5.6 (and maybe refund for double, but ir probalby won't work).

Anyway, I suggest you double everyone's amount of UCs when 5.6 launches, that way now one can see themselves "lose" with 5.6 being released.

Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):

• New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

How much will Master's Datacron cost?

Wait, so what if we server transfer? Those credits can't be brought with us?

They said legacy credits would work kinda like a guild bank. So I guess it will be some new thing in our legacy bank or something. Like a specific char will have some credits on him, and part of it in legacy. That's my understanding anyway.

They said legacy credits would work kinda like a guild bank. So I guess it will be some new thing in our legacy bank or something. Like a specific char will have some credits on him, and part of it in legacy. That's my understanding anyway.

I really would appreciate clarification/confirmation of this, as I am on the waiting list to buy raid runs from a guild on the EU server, but can't while transfers are off. I would feel so sick to the stomach if I heard they wouldn't transfer with me. :confused:

Wait, so what if we server transfer? Those credits can't be brought with us?

I doubt it, that would royally screw over anyone who wants to switch completely to a new server. They probably mean the ability to store credits in the legacy bank or something like that, in a guild bank esque manner.

I doubt it, that would royally screw over anyone who wants to switch completely to a new server. They probably mean the ability to store credits in the legacy bank or something like that, in a guild bank esque manner.

Really hope this is the case, I'm having an anxiety attack now lol

not to bring up WoW, but if you have a toon that you create a guild with you can use that toon as a Bank toon. You can then send that toon gold to store in the "guild bank" while your toons stil retain whatever amount they currently have. if they want or you need to send more to another toon you can log into your bank toon, withdraw that amount out of the bank, then mail it to your toon in need.

from what i understand from what we know, Legacy credits will work very much like what i described above. in our case, though, your legacy bank will have a credit bank that all your toons can add to or withdraw while still retaining x amount on each individual toon. What i dont know, though, is if the legacy bank will be available when making purchases on the GTN or elsewhere or if those transactions will still be limited to what you have on that toon at that time.

As for the UCs, i dont expect that their disintegration amount will be very much and continued use of PvP will be neccesary even with this addition. I dont see it shortening the grind by very much. Since we dont really know what the amount will be it is still hard to factor into my sheet. regardless, one feature i was a bit excited for just got its excitement knocked down....by half? Overall, i dont think this will necessarily impact me greatly, but it will have a negative impact on what i had planned out. just another roll, but intil they release the amount per disintegration its really speculation.

-eric

A question for the blog post possibly...Will this starter gear have a set bonus (be 230 gear) or simply be similar to the blue gear from an Outlander token (Static stats)?

To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric

Eric,

I am curious:

1. Do only stat items from Tier IV Crates disintegrate into Un-Assembled Components?
  2. If any level of Command Crate drops UC's from stat'd gear, will disintegrated 242 gear drop more UC's than 230 gear?

A question for the blog post possibly...Will this starter gear have a set bonus (be 230 gear) or simply be similar to the blue gear from an Outlander token (Static stats)?

There might be a pretty significant mutiny if they started giving out set-bonus gear for free...It is highly likely it would be static gear. What color would be the only question.

Edited by aerockyul

-eric

This should either not kick in until a person hits 300 or be an option. A bad long grind just got longer.

Edited by Foambreaker