Crew Skills and Items in Game Update 1.3

CourtneyWoods

Very nice, now i think the game may be walking to a good path.

But what i thought when pre-order we saw items with internal modifications, like crystals, mods, armoring and all the stuff items have, i thought the drops, and things you buy from pvp vendor should be the mods not ncessarly the item itself, so you build your gear. You get the basic one with basic stats and change the mods each instance you get item. That would be nice. Instead spent a week to get 3400 rated warzone comendations, it could be, like each modifications costs 600 ranked warzone comendataions. Some mods like crystal could cost more. And the mod you can get could be aviable in pvp when you reach the valor rank.

Edited by Benets

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: Flashpoint loot..

• Bosses have at least one item for each equipment role.

• Drops are restricted to the advanced classes present for the loot event.

• Most bosses drop a variety of items instead of dropping a single item slot.

Does this mean that if I solo a Flashpoint with, for example, my Bounty Hunter, there is no chance for me to get medium armor for Gault or Mako to drop?

Some of that FP armor is awfully snazzy on the companions. :cool:

Wut? No Imperial Containment Officer? From Rakghoul event? :confused::confused::confused::eek::(:mad::rak_02::rak_02:

They mentioned this in the blog post, although it wasn't very clear....

All existing items will be updated, so if you have already acquired them they will show the adaptive weight in 1.3.

To me, this means that anything you own or that already exists will get updated as adaptive gear. I'm guessing they added the list because those are items you can still acquire, while containment officer outfits can no longer be acquired?

So Flashpoints are stil absolutely useless? From the talk, I figured they were going to turn the loot up a notch, and make HMFPs drop Columi with Some Rakata. Now it's Tionese with Some(more) Columi. I was really hoping to open up all that content as a way to gear my people for Hardmodes+.

As it stands, one run through SMEV would be better time wise. We can run it in just over an hour and each boss drops 6 pieces (4 Tionese and 2 Columi) and a smattering of lil stuff. HMFPs take an hour or more, and drop 6 pieces of gear at best?

Im not screaming here, but it would have been nice to make flashpoints drop "last season's fashion"

I feel sorry for those who can't raid.

Now, Im not stupid and I could probably figure all this out if I took the time, but honestly which small percentage of people is all this aimed at?

As a casual gamer, I find it all a bit complex, so...

I play on Uthar Wynn (at least till my sub runs out), Jedi Sage, Healer spec, prefer PvP can someone make me what I need.. credits waiting :D

What about the social gear from the Rakghoul Plauge event? I don't see it on the list of Adaptive Gear.

The republic containment officer armor definitely is. As I'm wearing it on PTS. ;)

I don't own the imperial armor, so I'm not sure about that, but it really wouldn't make since to change one and not the other.

How about updating the cost to change out mods in gear. Not sure if this has been mentioned by devs lately but it is to the point where it makes the game less fun due to the cost of changing out gear mods just for cosmetic preferences. Especially now with the option to add augments to gear it makes this even more of a pain.

How about updating the cost to change out mods in gear. Not sure if this has been mentioned by devs lately but it is to the point where it makes the game less fun due to the cost of changing out gear mods just for cosmetic preferences. Especially now with the option to add augments to gear it makes this even more of a pain.

You obviously didnt read this post, they're lowering the cost by 30%.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the Containment Officer gear will be adaptive in 1.3 and we have updated the list in the blog.

Thank you! :rak_03:

What about the Republic Dancer Outfit? It's not on the list, but the Imperial Dancer Outfit is.

When I modded it out and put it all on yes the armor rating went up but the durability stayed the same as if it was light gear so 80/80 all my medium armor is 100/100. So yes this is a fun change but as a hard core raider it comes with a cost that makes it not worth it. It comes with more repair bills more frequently.

Adaptive armor doesn't change durability because we're updating all armor to use the same durability values around 1.4.

1. Is there anything that is going to be done about the overabundance of Companion Gift missions that we are currently seeing? It's quite frustrating as a synthweaver to try and collect metals when 4/5 missions are gifts, and the 5th is fabrics...or vice versa.

We're looking at ways to control these lists better, such as guaranteeing missions of all types. No ETA.

2. Crew Mission failure rates for max affection companions, why does this happen as frequently as it does?

Are you failing more with companions at max affection than at low affection?

Im not screaming here, but it would have been nice to make flashpoints drop "last season's fashion"

The Flashpoint update was described as a partial re-itemization because it's mostly shuffling around gear within the framework that already exists. We're working on plans that will give us the tools to provide more consistent reward paths from various areas (like Flashpoints), but there's still quite a bit of work before we will get there.

While it's possible that we may move towards a "last season's fashion" Flashpoint loot system, that wasn't an option for 1.3. Even though our long-term plans are going to, well, take longer, we still wanted to improve FP loot in the interim. If we moved towards Rakata loot in FPs, the total acquisition time would just shift the problem over to some of the Operations, because they are gated in ways that FPs aren't.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

I'm still really bummed you couldn't figure out a way (perhaps through equipment trade-in) to make Tionese and Columi set bonuses extractable and transferrable.

I am forced to remain in all Rakata except one customizable orange to maintain the 4/5 requirement for the set bonus. I like my set bonus. Many classes don't like their set bonus, so they get to go all orange.

I guess I have to wait until I start obtaining Campaign gear in order to truely customize my look while still maintaining a set bonus.

Yeah why the **** are they doing it to the gear that's harder to get and half the community cant do i have a feeling they are going to Nerf EC when the new raid comes out or maybe even sooner that would make me feel like a failure

So 1.2 was supposed to be 'the patch' to allow you to be able to wear what you want and look the way you wanted without sacrificing stats... but very little was augmentable as the number of orange schematics were incredibly limited.

Now 1.3 is supposed to be 'the patch' to do the same due to being able to add augments to any orange gear... except the vast majority of the level 50 playerbase still cant wear what they want without sacrificing stats due to PVE set bonuses for tionese, columi, rakata and PVP set bonuses for battlemaster still not being transferable...

Here's hoping for 1.4 anyone? Maybe 1 year after the game launches we'll finally be able to wear what we want without sacrificing stats!

Seriously how hard is it to make all tionese/columi/rakata/battlemaster pieces of gear bought from now onwards have transferable armorings with set bonuses, then let people trade in their old pieces for the new ones (or hell, even make people have to re-earn them... while not ideal its still 10x better than not being able to wear the armour we actually want to).

As a side note, what good does orange belt/bracers do if all the best armoring mods are slot-restricted and thus cant be placed in belts/bracers?

And as another side note, I'm still incredibly annoyed that theres a ridiculous amount of armour sets in the game that we as players have no access to. (things that have been removed from beta but still exist in files, armour you see NPC's all over the galaxy wear that players cant get, tons of colour combinations and styles that we're restricted to due to the incredibly limited 'match-to-chest-only' option, etc).

Edited by drosalion

I have a question about costs for augmenting if I wish to use the GTN:

Is it 50k to use the table, plus the cost to purchase the augment kit from the GTN, plus the cost to purchase the augment from the GTN?

Or if you use the table and pay 50k do you not need an augment kit?

Mod Cost and social sets

* Mod cost needs to be REMOVED COMPLETELY

It is not needed since your pushing the player base to pursue customization with new social sets and another thing that is also coming out in 1.3

Legacy Ability's

* The new perk system with the legacy items already costing WAAAY to much and with the above feature you making your game not fun to play and making it feel like work .

to make legacy work you can keep the cost of the legacy ability to what it is at but add the higher legacy level you have the more it reduces , legacy level 1 , 1% off legacy level 20 , 20% off , legacy level 50 off ,50% off the credit cost so to buy a race and you have a legacy level 50 instead of costing 1.5 million it would only cost you 750 000 still alot of credits but rewarding the player that has put the time in.

* And the last thing that is needed

Field Re-specialization

Since you not implementing dual spec but you are allowing field re-specialization that costs 200k but keeps the respec fee still going . that needs to be removed

These are suggestions that are made to not punish your player, there are already enough credit sinks in this game and you'll be rewarding your players with the higher legacy level to keep playing with the reduce costs please consider these cause i do enjoy playing the game.

I have a question about this note about loot drops: "Drops are restricted to the advanced classes present for the loot event."

Does this mean that a piece of gear absolutely will never drop if the Advanced Class that it's designed for is not present? This would make it very difficult to gear up specific companions, or try to obtain moddable gear to wear that doesn't strictly fit your advanced class's profile (e.g. Jedi Sentinels that like to wear moddable Smuggler gear for aesthetic reasons, or in my case, Sages who like the textures on some Shadow equipment better).