~Jaesa Romance~

DarthGile

Could not Agree anymore with you than i do now, and i will say very well put.

BioWare games are all about picking your path, even with this MMO they need to keep that Core part in the game at all times, the story is one of the points to why i love this game so much, and not haveing that Choice to Romance her when you can do so with other Jedi-Romances is just a kick to the game in a lot of ways, and i for one would be happy to see them change this fact (If its not to late to do such a thing)

I See not point to why BioWare would not allow us to pick our own path and teach her that Love only leads the blind to the darkside, and the strong can controll such feelings and use them to better themselfs in the Light.

It makes for a very good Story no matter what way you put yourself, and with this Choice i plan on makeing a Light-Side Sith on all Accounts, just Alone for the Fresh Story and other aspects.

So plz BioWare if its not to late when im Posting this, Listen to this Forum and do the right thing here, it would be a big blow to my Light-Side Sith Story without the Chance to follow the Path that i Truely wish to Follow, Because thats what i have always loved about BioWare games, The fact that its my story and i pick the path i take.

(Not sure if its to late to change or if they have changed it as it is, but i hope they do/have) I Will still Roll Light-Side Sith because i want to play the Story, but i will be Unhappy that i have been Limited to Moveing from the path i wished to take.

Edited by SoulFires

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have no plans/desire to romance her as a Light Side warrior, I am all for anything that gives the player more options within the story (within reason). I mean, I can romance Vette as a Dark Side. The Light Siders should be able to romance Jaesa.

Development time and money spent on this certainly does effect those of us with Dark Side SWs. That means that much less attention, time, and resources that are being spent on other aspects of our class/story.

There is a wonderful class/story combo that you might find more suits your play style and desired story. its Jedi Knight. You should check it out. I hear its very warm and fuzzy.:D

You do realize that Azshara is not romanceable for Dark Side inquisitors.

Even more so, Dark Side inquisitors don't even HAVE a romanceable companion, and guess what, most people are probably going to play very Dark Side leaning inquisitors...

I'm sorry you can't have your cake and eat it too?

Consequence of choice. As an example, if you don't harden/darkside-ify Alistair, you can't make him king, the option is simply not there. Similar situation here. Conversely, if you make her lightside, you can have a child with her. Choice and consequence. Also, you might want to rethink the choice and consequences that allow you to romance Ashara. You seem to have ignored them.

This is what I warned Bioware during my whole time in beta. People making threads or posts stating that they're light Sith Warriors, and that they've already received light Jaesa in hopes of getting "closer" with her, to later find out she's unromanceable.

She's unromanceable....but she ends up having your child.

I find this is commonplace, writing without reading. Just like the post above mine.

You mean the one before yours, that points out that this isn't a freak occurance that is unique to just the Sith Warrior class, and that Lightside Sith are getting "screwed out of a relationship"??

Way to lead by example.

Edited by Jxspyder

Consequence of choice. As an example, if you don't harden/darkside-ify Alistair, you can't make him king, the option is simply not there. Similar situation here. Conversely, if you make her lightside, you can have a child with her. Choice and consequence. Also, you might want to rethink the choice and consequences that allow you to romance Ashara. You seem to have ignored them.

She's unromanceable....but she ends up having your child.

You mean the one before yours, that points out that this isn't a freak occurance that is unique to just the Sith Warrior class, and that Lightside Sith are getting "screwed out of a relationship"??

Way to lead by example.

wait wait wait....she unromancable but she still wants to have your child?

wait wait wait....she unromancable but she still wants to have your child?

yes. so?

You can see that as a form of 'romancable' just not in the sense of smooches. it's like a lesbian couple where they have sex with a man simply for a child. they also pick friends over total strangers.

wait so she does have your kid? i thought you kind of implied her having kids, and that you will raise them as your own? or am i wrong? lol i haven't made it that far but I would greatly appreciate it.

Its a Legacy system thing , every companion talks about your child(even androids) , now can we let this silly thread die please.

me too. I am holding off on marrying vette due to the slight chance Jaesa will become available. It would be nice to have to some sort of response of whether there are future plans of a possible LS Jaesa Romance or at least some sort of petition to make it happen.

We've got to keep this topic alive!

I hope Bioware actually takes this into consideration, it's obviously a big deal to the Light Sith Warriors.

I feel that it was a terrible decision to completely remove the romance from Light Jaesa.

My opinion is 100% the same as the OP.

I figured typing this above quote in my introduction would have kept the "Jaesa only likes bad boys, duh!", "Jaesa romance should be dark side only." posts at bay. Guess not. Silly me for trying to post thread reminders. :rolleyes:

Dark Sith Warriors. I'll say it again. This thread, this request, and the multiple "Can we have Jaesa as a Light romance?" threads are nothing for you to worry about. If, "IF", Bioware does eventually add a romance for light Sith, it will not affect your Dark Jaesa in ANY way. They will not take her crazy make up and "Kill kill, now kiss me!" attitude away from you. I promise.

So, you only wanted responses that agree with you. Got it.

And do you make promises you are in no position to affect in any way, shape, or form?

"You will win the lottery tomorrow. I promise."

"Your children will all live to see 100. I promise."

MMO developers giveth and MMO developers taketh away. Unless you are a producer plant, you have no way of telling and no basis for promising that fulfilling your request will not negatively impact the status quo. None.

That said, I agree that if she's a Sith apprentice (and not following the Jedi ethos in lock-step), she should probably be an option. BUT, I prefer dark Jaesa (such an awesome contrast from Vette) so there's no way I'd want that option if it meant giving up anything. The triangle scenario and related cutscenes are so off the hook, I don't think a light-light match-up would really measure up, as far as entertainment value is concerned.

So, you only wanted responses that agree with you. Got it.

And do you make promises you are in no position to affect in any way, shape, or form?

"You will win the lottery tomorrow. I promise."

"Your children will all live to see 100. I promise."

MMO developers giveth and MMO developers taketh away. Unless you are a producer plant, you have no way of telling and no basis for promising that fulfilling your request will not negatively impact the status quo. None.

That said, I agree that if she's a Sith apprentice (and not following the Jedi ethos in lock-step), she should probably be an option. BUT, I prefer dark Jaesa (such an awesome contrast from Vette) so there's no way I'd want that option if it meant giving up anything. The triangle scenario and related cutscenes are so off the hook, I don't think a light-light match-up would really measure up, as far as entertainment value is concerned.

Aggressive post. The "I promise" part was for humor. I didn't think, until now, anyone would take it by heart. Clearly the internet amazes me yet again! It is a simple and safe assumption that if Bioware were to add a light romance for her, the dark romance would remain untouched.

This thread was made for the sole purpose of being a petition with strong opinions and details to back up our request. This is why the thread was written up as a way where no opposition could spark. You already mentioned that you agree. You prefer her other alignment, but you agree with what we are asking for.

Thank you for agreeing.

/signed

It sucks knowing I have Jaesa at max affection and she still doesn't get the hint...lol. It would be nice if we could get some sort of confirmation that future Jaesa LS romance will be considered. They are alrdy talking about same sex marriage lol, so why not fully manageable Jaesa as well =X .

• 2 months later...
As a non sith warrior I find it kind of annoying that you guys are moaning about this. Jaesa is the only companion in the game where you can actually effect change her and it makes an impact in the game. Its a choice that you guys get and the rest of us don't have the option to do anything that cool.