LiveStream Event #1

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't think we might get one every 6 weeks as per the new development schedule?

Also start to worry even more about the health of the human race seeing how many trolls were on the live chat. I don't understand why you would go out of your way to do such things for a game you clearly don't like. Great job Allison although would of been good to hear a C.Woods - "pachow" each time they were banned :p

The 6 week content thing is a bit of a I'll believe it when I see it.

Q: Do you have an estimate as to when you'll be adding more mini games such as Pazzak, Pod racing, swoop racing and what not?

Q: Are there any plans to change the crafting system to a hybrid sandbox / themepark system that allows players to design and create their own unique gear based on templates provided by Bioware?

Q: Have you considered creating repeatable mission series that unlock a new mission with in the series each week as a way to feed small amount of content to the player base during the lull between content patches?

Q: Will the player base be able to recover the Ebon Hawk?

Q: What sort of content do you have planned for players that don't enjoy pvping and don't have the time or lack the interest in doing the pve endgame content (Ops)?

Q: When can we expect name changes and character gender / face/eyes/hair (Appearance) changes?

All of the above and:

Q: (When) will you extend the storyline for each individual classes?

Q: When will we see new companion quests (despite HK's)?

I liked the life stream, and the replies.

Some highlights.

Class story expands in Makeb.

Everything is and will be story based for SWTOR.

Nightmare Opps; EC followed by TFB with New mechanics.

F2P to be on the PTS a couple weeks before going life.

Reply I did not like. Cathar species success will make due for others to come. I don't like Cathar, I want Togruta like Shaak Ti...

As we mentioned a while back, in lieu of the written weekly Q&A (which we removed due to player feedback), we've increased our DAILY communication on the forums. As an example, please take a look at the Dev Tracker, which is full of useful developer answers as delivered by Allison Berryman.

This livestream Q&A's specific goal is to talk specifically about Game Update 1.4 and the new Free-to-Play option coming out later this Fall. Have any other questions? Ask them in the forums and if they are well-constructed questions, your chances of being answered by our developers will increase substantially. Keep in mind that there is always a limit as to what can be discussed, so we won't be able to answer every single question.

Wow, slow down Cow-Boy.

Players told you to ditch the Q&A because it was worthless. Not because they weren't interested in having questions being answered nor the medium was bad.

In fact BioWare was the one who ruined the weekly Q&A by not answering real questions and even less doing follow-up in the linked threads.

May I quote you here:

The weekly developer Q&A is currently the best place to ask questions related to the development of the game. As I mentioned before, we're going to push for more interactions as part of our new plan.

That being said, while you increased slightly the "communication" it's still a one way communication. And I still don't see devs stepping in the forums at all. Finally it does not even help to do that much changes to the game nor your plans either.

Example:

- Players asked for less CC in PvP: you're adding more

- Players asked to buff Commandos in PvP: you nerf them

- Players asked to remove mods extraction: still there

- Players asked for sets stats transfer: where are they?

- Players asked to choose the WZ to queue: not even there.

- Players didn't ask to remove the automated re-queue to WZ: where it is?

- Players told you they don't like 1.2 gear: you continue to reuse it and even dare use it for ads

- Players told you they don't like space mission: you dedicate a whole team to add more

- None player suggested Makeb in the "next planet" Bioware made thread: and you add it

Now please at least respect your player base because for now you are the one with the burden of the proof.

People have been providing well written questions and great feedback threads for years, since October, 2008 in fact.

So writing "if they are well-constructed questions" is just an insult to most of them.

Sorry you feel that way. I'm hoping our actions will speak louder than words and win you over eventually.

Pardon me but so far, regarding most of the feedback is still ignored and you still fail to answer the important question your actions does not speak in your favor Mr Gonzales.

Now, and I'm speaking to both you and the executive producers. If you think you are doing well in the communication and your feeble new attempts would help that much you are either delusional or I don't know...

Have a look at what companies like Trion, or ArenaNet, or even Blizzard do in terms of communication and learn.

Even FunCom @launch was doing much better than you guys now and that's saying something!

If you really want to impress us, then start communicating 2 ways and answering the true questions.

You don't even need us to write them, pretty sure you know them all by heart.

Edited by Deewe

I have a question for you.. When will customer support actually be able to help with in game issues? Maye a live chat que in game? Something that makes the player feel as though you care about our game problems. I stayed on hold for over three hours with customer support today, just to have them never answer me. When I called back from another line I got a frustrating message followed by a ring tone. Finally I dd get in touch with somebody who has no power to help me with my issue. Makes me long for free to play, tired of paying people to tell me they can not help me.

Also, why are certain people able to server transfer and others are not? Its become an issue, as the big patch this week seemed to actually hurt the gameplay on the server I am on. Staying on a dieing server until the developers see fit to move a person is not fun for me. Long ques, hanging out at fleet got old in April.

History tends to repeat itself, I remember all to well the guild summet shortly after launch. I was in a guild over 400 strong. So many people were upset with the idea of losing illum over half went back to old games until " swtor gets pvp right". Guess how many of those folks came back... Just saying, its not a good idea to talk as though you care about our thoughts if your actions prove otherwise.

If done properly, this could be a new way for the developers to have more an interactive conversation with players on key issues. Of course, it could backfire if the developers just cherry pick "safe" questions. I'm hoping that this will be an indication of a better, more open development process.

I agree and applaud the effort. Thank you BioWare and LA. The only thing I'm curious about is why it's in the middle of the afternoon when most folks are still at work (and kids in the west are still in school).

For those of you that missed the Livestream, we will be publishing it on our website as soon as it goes through the approval and translation process. Thanks to those of you that watched!

Thank you for the effort in making this happen Community Management =) This was a very good event and looking forward to more interaction with the TOR community.

Also thanks to George and Blaine; public speaking is a very hard task for many people and it was very nice to see the effort put forth in doing this for our gaming community.

Edited by LeonBraun

As we mentioned a while back, in lieu of the written weekly Q&A (which we removed due to player feedback), we've increased our DAILY communication on the forums.

I assume that this is sarcasm, giving ''player feedback'' as a reason to remove a communication channel.

As an example, please take a look at the Dev Tracker, which is full of useful developer answers as delivered by Allison Berryman.

We all take a look at those, daily...

First of all, answering ''we don't have new info but when we have we will give it to you'' is NOT a useful answer.

Second, merging & closing treads just to ignore the underlying problems, is NOT a useful answer.

Third, every week, Bioware manages to upset ALOT of players with their ''features'': only a handfull of players get tranferred to PST, patches that don't get tested decently, forced renames of characters that have their names since pre-launch without even the decency to disclose all the reasons why, no new armor sets, not one single extra mechanism to solve crowded areas after the server merge... None of those issues were resolved. Not. One. Single. Issue.

Do you people even realise you lost 1/5th of your logins in just 3 weeks? Or do you really believe that f2p will solve everything? Is there some sort of crisis-team that looks as to why people leave and then DO something about it?

Have any other questions? Ask them in the forums and if they are well-constructed questions, your chances of being answered by our developers will increase substantially. Keep in mind that there is always a limit as to what can be discussed, so we won't be able to answer every single question.

With ''substantial increase'' you mean instead of 1/10 2/10? It's a substantial increase, alright, but it's still waaaaay lower than in other games.

Communications like this convince me that Bioware doesn't realise that there are REASONS why so many people left the game. They need to get their act together and actually SOLVE the inherent problems that the game has and so far. There is no indication whatsoever that you people are doing that: it seems as if there is NO mid-term planning, just the ''f2p will fix it all'' mantra. But that won't work: if you do not solve the core problems, f2p won't solve anything.

Edited by Yogol

First of all, answering ''we don't have new info but when we have we will give it to you'' is NOT a useful answer.

Second, merging & closing treads just to ignore the underlying problems, is NOT a useful answer.

Third, every week, Bioware manages to upset ALOT of players with their ''features'': only a handfull of players get tranferred to PST, patches that don't get tested decently, forced renames of characters that have their names since pre-launch without even the decency to disclose all the reasons why, no new armor sets, not one single extra mechanism to solve crowded areas after the server merge... None of those issues were resolved. Not. One. Single. Issue.

What do you expect an answer to be? They run the game as a business, they have shareholders so they have a responsibility to make sure information is accurate. If they constantly said oh this will be out then etc.. and never met the target that would be a big problem. Most business is the same. Personally I don't feel they need to comment in the way above. It would be better for me to see a roadmap of what is intended with targeted quarters or no dates at all instead of being told 'its coming soon' on multiple different threads.

With ''substantial increase'' you mean instead of 1/10 2/10? It's a substantial increase, alright, but it's still waaaaay lower than in other games.

I disagree on this one, not many games have devs active in the forum, its just drowned out by all the noise. Compared to the number of posts the activity is normal - high.

Communications like this convince me that Bioware doesn't realise that there are REASONS why so many people left the game. They need to get their act together and actually SOLVE the inherent problems that the game has and so far.

Again, when you have a publicly owned company you cannot say anything that may influence the price of shares without proper authorisation. As a gamer if you expect this you wont be so disappointed.

I assume that this is sarcasm, giving ''player feedback'' as a reason to remove a communication channel.

We all take a look at those, daily...

Do you people even realise you lost 1/5th of your logins in just 3 weeks? Or do you really believe that f2p will solve everything? Is there some sort of crisis-team that looks as to why people leave and then DO something about it?

Communications like this convince me that Bioware doesn't realise that there are REASONS why so many people left the game. They need to get their act together and actually SOLVE the inherent problems that the game has and so far. There is no indication whatsoever that you people are doing that: it seems as if there is NO mid-term planning, just the ''f2p will fix it all'' mantra. But that won't work: if you do not solve the core problems, f2p won't solve anything.

No is going to give you the answers you want. Get over it or get lost. It's not that they aren't communicating, it's that you don't hear what you want to hear. News flash, you aren't that important.

Edited by Arkerus

I agree and applaud the effort. Thank you BioWare and LA. The only thing I'm curious about is why it's in the middle of the afternoon when most folks are still at work (and kids in the west are still in school).

:confused:

Maybe they are working at that time? I don't know! I think some people do not live in USA...I think but I am not sure about it. Hehehe! :D

For those of you that missed the Livestream, we will be publishing it on our website as soon as it goes through the approval and translation process. Thanks to those of you that watched!

There has already been a transcript of this posted, does the approval process mean that the answers have to be checked to be correct.

Would it be possible to get some clarification. We were originaly told that new species would be in by the end of the year. But on the live stream they said no time frame, are they still expected before the end of the year. Also would it be possible to confirm other than Cathar there will be no other new species added in the cash shop. Personaly this would seem to be a cash cow to me but I would like to know if I should keep stock piling gear for alts or not.

Reply I did not like. Cathar species success will make due for others to come. I don't like Cathar, I want Togruta like Shaak Ti...

Yeah, I don't get this at all. There are several very popular species that they should be able to easily add to the game as they already have them throughout the game as NPCs and it's not like they have to change anything about the class stories. It would increase the number of alts that people play and add some diversity to the players running around out there on each planet. It's basically something that they could do with very little work but would have a huge upside for them with the player-base. Can't imagine why they haven't jumped all over this.

They were clear. They said that they hope to have HK-51 in by the end of the year. They do not have a date on Cathar because they will add them when "they are ready" meaning the work going into making them a playable race is finished. That may be this year, but they don't know and won't say.

Cathar are the only race they are working on. Any further development of other playable races is on hold until they can see how Cathar go over, and plan accordingly.

Yeah, I don't get this at all. There are several very popular species that they should be able to easily add to the game as they already have them throughout the game as NPCs.

They really only have two Rodian models, for instance, that they re-use, both body-type one, male and female. They have one Devorian model, male, and the NPC companion is distinguished only by a broken horn. The same applies across the board - one Duros model, a couple of Togrutans, a couple of Nautolans etc. It would seem that there is a fair amount of work that goes into making an NPC race playable. Of course more will come. But things take time.

Edited by Uluain