Operative DPS (Concealment)

DARKLORDLS

So, I decided to level a OP DPS and play as Concealment. BIG mistake! I also have a Sniper, Powertech, Sorcorer and Marauder and it's sad how much lower the Operatives DPS is. While leveling I was even having trouble breaking 3500 in a single hit being level 49 with all purple gear BiS. It seems to me Bioware broke this class and doesn't care to fix it. I'm in a big PvE guild and I know there's NO WAY they would let me roll an OP DPS with them as I would be far behind the other DPS and not pulling my weight. Why would Bioware not want to fix something like this? I know the main reason is all nerf/buffs to classes mainly comes from PvP and I think Bioware can't seem to figure out how to fix the class without OP's killing players in a few seconds. Am I the only one frustrated by this and disappointed with Bioware?

I feel your pain the PVE department. After playing sentinel and vanguard, scoundrel dps is just hard to stomach. It can be very good but you have to work 10 times as hard as most classes to get stellar dps out of it. Sorry I only know the scoundrel terms.

There probably is something BW could do to fix it.

1. Make shoot first not require stealth. The knockdown that you can spec into will require stealth. It gives us our big hitter into our rotation.

2. Change sneak to be how it is for shadow dps. Increase energy regen. They do not even have to give us the damage reduction.

3. Fix the crit multiplier bonus in our tree. Get rid of our slow attached to the bonus and instead put sabotage charge on it.

4. After using shoot first from stealth instead of a knockdown. Makes the next sabotage charge free. Will stop people in pvp from saying we can stunlock and gives us better energy management.

These are the 4 things that came off the top of my head. There are probably a ton more ways people can think of to fix them. In the pve department where more and more bosses will start off with some sort of aoe or something like that. It gets increasingly more difficult to be so reliant on stealth for our big damage.

Whats really bad and made me think to post is I was doing lowbie PvP and a lvl 34 Sin hit harder then I did a s a level 49 with both of us having BiS gear. Even my HS only hits for 3500-3600 if it crits... Class is the most broken in the game!

What would you all suggest for Op's DPS as Concealment? Whats the best rotation to use? I mainly use AB-HS-BS-SHIV/Laceration.

AB->HS->Stim Boost->Shiv->AB->BS->Lacerate->Shiv

Something more like this is what I would use, at least. Been some time since I properly played my operative as dps, but this is, give or take, the rotation I use.

Honestly you are right that most class changes come from pvp and the reason ops/scoundrel got nerfed is because people HATE getting jumped by a stealth class. The average player thinks they are awesome and always attribute getting killed to the fact that the class was OP, not that the other player was more skilled. I still love my scoundrel and refuse to switch to another class as my main. I also mainly play as healer, but I still use my damage abilities to help finish off players or help control the field. OP/Scoundrel DPS is still there, you just have to play the class correctly and mod out your gear correctly. This class isn't for the players that just want to faceroll the keyboard to kill things. If you want easy mode, roll a glowstick class.

I'm not about facerolling classes at all but I know for a fact there is NO WAY for a Concealment Operative to reach the same numbers as ANY other class played by the same level of skilled player. It just can't happen. I already got shot down by my guild to try and DPS with it in raids for PvE. It's because they know that Im going to be far behind the other DPS. And the crap Bioware try to add to the Operative to make it more useful in raids people can give a crap about. So what Concealment can use Sneak a lot more often and be able to CC more/easier. People don't care about that when you're going to be 100k-200k behind the other DPS in boss fights. Edited by DARKLORDLS

I enjoy my lethality Op. Sure snipers are better, but i save creds on repair bills because i can stealth out....lol(sometimes u gotta look for a bright side) Either way, i can break 1800 dps on a dummy, so its good enough for all content atm

1800 on the ops dummy is barely good. I pull 2150-2200 on my Marauder and Powertech. Why would someone want players with DPS that much lower in their raid group? My Sniper I sit at about 2050 on the dummy.

If his op had the bloodthirst boost you used to hit 2200 he would hit 1950...now what? Plus...you can't maintain 2200 indefinately...when bt runs out you're back to 1900 +/-.

Don't post inflated BS numbers using bt...to compare them is lame!

BTW parses or it didn't happen...show me your "broken" op dps parse too

Edited by planet_J

AB/HS

Shiv

Lacerate/Stim Boost (If you get free TA)

Debilitate

AB/BS

Shiv

Lacerate/Stim Boost (if youget free TA)

Lacerate/Stim Boost (if you get free TA).

Explosive Probe

This seems to be optimal as it keeps the armor pen and the dot going the whole time (for the free TA). The explosive probe should hit just as the dot from AB is ending. At that point you can cloak and start again or hit a flashbang and heal up.

If his op had the bloodthirst boost you used to hit 2200 he would hit 1950...now what? Plus...you can't maintain 2200 indefinately...when bt runs out you're back to 1900 +/-.

Don't post inflated BS numbers using bt...to compare them is lame!

BTW parses or it didn't happen...show me your "broken" op dps parse too

No inflated numbers here. I don't have BT when on Parse on my powertech for one, two while on my marauder I get one shot of BT in the 5 min parses I do and I use it right at the beginning and also use it as my count down clock. So maybe you need to learn your class a little better. Powertechs and Marauders should be able to sustain between 2050 - 2150 using everything correctly.

I don't see how so many people are having such a hard time running Ops/Scoundrels. I don't even have mine fully geared out and am routinely hitting on the 1900-2200 range and criting well into the 3's I have no issue keeping up, and enjoy the hell out of playing my Op. Even if I wasn't holding my own as well as I do, I wouldn't even care anyways because I would rather play a toon I enjoy playing ovet a FOTM build that maxes numbers but I can't stand playing.

I would understand peoples complaints if they couldnt clear content because the class cant do enough damage. But just because another class can do more dps doesnt mean im gonna go play it.

Play what u enjoy playing, if u cant do enough dps for the content in this game then u are doing it wrong and should stick to your fotm toons

No inflated numbers here. I don't have BT when on Parse on my powertech for one, two while on my marauder I get one shot of BT in the 5 min parses I do and I use it right at the beginning and also use it as my count down clock. So maybe you need to learn your class a little better. Powertechs and Marauders should be able to sustain between 2050 - 2150 using everything correctly.

Using bloodthirst for a 5 min parse is not using it correctly...Parse without bloodthirst and come back and talk to me...this debate has been on the sentinel forums FOREVER, if you parse with bloodthirst you're not REALLY getting the sustained DPS of your class...a stim will last an hour or so....bloodthirst is a temporary PARTYWIDE buff that lasts a short time, and will not last an entire raid.

Go run a raid, and parse the raid, and see if you are ANYWHERE near 2100...something tells me you won't be, because it isn't possible.

Also, what dummy are you using?

Edited by planet_J

Using bloodthirst for a 5 min parse is not using it correctly...Parse without bloodthirst and come back and talk to me...this debate has been on the sentinel forums FOREVER, if you parse with bloodthirst you're not REALLY getting the sustained DPS of your class...a stim will last an hour or so....bloodthirst is a temporary PARTYWIDE buff that lasts a short time, and will not last an entire raid.

Go run a raid, and parse the raid, and see if you are ANYWHERE near 2100...something tells me you won't be, because it isn't possible.

Also, what dummy are you using?

I use the Op's dummy, duh. Not a noob lol. And why would you not use Bloodthirst if you're a Marauder? Its an ability, you're dumb if you dont use it on a parse because it's something you can also use in a raid. And yes you will be around 2100, as I said my Powertech I parse with sustains right around 2100 and I don't use Bloodthirst seeing as I practice/parse alone.

I don't see how so many people are having such a hard time running Ops/Scoundrels. I don't even have mine fully geared out and am routinely hitting on the 1900-2200 range and criting well into the 3's I have no issue keeping up, and enjoy the hell out of playing my Op. Even if I wasn't holding my own as well as I do, I wouldn't even care anyways because I would rather play a toon I enjoy playing ovet a FOTM build that maxes numbers but I can't stand playing.

Meanwhile the smashers of the world just did a 6k AoE.

Cheers.

I can't believe someone would say not to use Bloodthirst if you're playing as a Marauder, WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE AN ABILITY GIVEN TO YOU?!?!?!

A PARSE IS TO SHOW SUSTAINED DPS...BLOODTHIRST IS NOT UP 100% OF THE TIME. A PT PYRO CAN PARSE 5K DPS FOR 4-5 SECONDS BUT NO FOOL CLAIMS IT IS SUSTAINABLE. USE BLOODTHIRST IN RAIDS WHEN YOU CAN...BUT DO NOT PARSE WITH IT AS IT IS A "SITUATIONAL AT BEST" PARSE.

AM I CRYSTAL CLEAR NOW GENIUS?

Now go parse a raid and take an 8 minute parse from any part of it and see if you can even break 1900 sustained...THAT'S a REAL parse.

Meanwhile the smashers of the world just did a 6k AoE.

Cheers.

With a bunch of set up, and hope the target doesn't get out of range, and a million other what its. I go in make my attacks with little to no set up and see regular crits. You could have the highest possible damage on your crits but if you can't land those hits or they are far and few between then it means nothing really. Even at half the amount of damage per crit, if I'm critting 3 times as much I'm still doing more damage especially when I don't have to take 30 seconds to set up 1 hit. I'll take that over the alternative any day.

And like I said I'm not even fully geared. That's in Tionese gear mostly. So you are trying to compare a partially geared vs a presumably fully geared toon AND a one time crit with a long set up to one that takes no set up. Apples meet oranges.