Weekly PvP pass price too high IMO

Ksaweri

If it only cost, say, $5 per month to PvP on a f2p account (even if I had to pay extra to unlock the needed action bars, gear etc) I might have actually come back, as PvP is what I only did when I subbed months ago.

I do realise the more coins you buy the better the deal but I'm not dropping a big wad of cash all at once on a game I've already paid for in the past.

As it stands I'm out, I'll see if the prices change in a few months time.

Update:

The point I was making was I'm not going to sub. There is way too much (ever increasing) competition out there for me to sub to this game again. I would be a casual SWTOR player if the price's were better.

I'm one example of an ex-player who will not be returning to the game, and as a few of you have said its cheaper with big purchases of subs/coins but in my OP I said this is exactly what I wont be doing...

Now, coming to the SWTOR forums and telling people what I think about this is bound to attract many naturally biased subscribers (which is fine) telling me to subscribe but my opinion still stands and if you want TOR to survive with a healthy player base I hope somebody out there will listen.

Edited by Ksaweri

A subscription is at it's lowest approx $12 a month I believe. So a PvP pass for HALF of the games content at less than half of a subscription cost is more than fair.

Sorry F2P guy... truth.

Monthly CC cost for PvP Passes = 960

Say I bought the $9.99 pack for 1050 CC.

So it costs me $9.13 for monthly PvP pass. That is not less than half the sub cost.

I would also want to spend 1700 CC on two unlocks for action bars and artifact equipment as an extra cost.

So it costs me $9.13 for monthly PvP pass. That is not less than half the sub cost.

I would also want to spend 1700 CC on two unlocks for action bars and artifact equipment as an extra cost.

So you might as well subscribe... well done Bioware.

Good to know the math on that... being a subscriber I hadn't looked at it yet. I like what I see so far. Think it really has potential to pull more subscriptions and it's definitely going to bring in more cash. I'm loving the cartel market so far.

Working as intended.

This is a marketing tactic... not a Christmas present to give the game away for free to people everywhere.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

So you might as well subscribe... well done Bioware.

Good to know the math on that... being a subscriber I hadn't looked at it yet. I like what I see so far. Think it really has potential to pull more subscriptions and it's definitely going to bring in more cash. I'm loving the cartel market so far.

Working as intended.

This is a marketing tactic... not a Christmas present to give the game away for free to people everywhere.

Yeah I have had a hard time explaining this to some of my old friends who left way way way back in march.

Don't you only have to pay for the bar unlock once?

Either way. Their goal is to encourage you to subscribe and they are doing it right.

Now; if you are going to go a week or 2 without playing at all, a pass is more than fair IMO for someone who just wants to use a free day to play some PvP or whatever.

This in a nutshell. Although it is shocking at how many fail to realize or refuse to accept this when I had thought the SWTOR community had the intellectual capacity to handle such. (All WZ jabs aside.)

It's like 8 bucks a month if you buy the 5500cc pack. Plus, if you are a busy person and happen to not have time to play, you can choose not to get a pass and just do the 5 WZ you get for free. That will mean even less money spent for you.

Edited by Smashbrother

But honestly, if you have 5 bucks a month to spare on a video game, I don't see how 12 bucks is going to hurt your wallet.

Seriously... the way I see it that $12 a month is saving me a ton of money. I can't count how many times I've stayed home on a friday night instead of going out with friends... which usually ends up being at least a $100 bar tab.

Most people spend $12 a week minimum on soda, junk food and a ton of other useless things. $12 a month for hours of entertainment is hardly a lot, especially when you break down how many of hours of entertainment per month.

Maybe it's a different perspective from the view of an adult but I hardly see it being considered expensive. Even at 12-13 years old I was earning more than that for doing chores around the house. :rolleyes:

Does the pvp pass work account wide or just on the one toon? if it is across all, it seems reasonably priced. people who only want to pvp will get their unlimited pvp time and still save ~$5s a month. (personally, i will be doing this on busy months)

however, if this is on a per toon basis, price needs to be dropped.

Edited by ForsakenKing

Does the pvp pass work account wide or just on the one toon? if it is across all, it seems reasonably priced. people who only want to pvp will get their unlimited pvp time and still save ~$5s a month. (personally, i will be doing this on busy months)

however, if this is on a per toon basis, price needs to be dropped.

I would assume it applies to the account... if it is per toon... that's just ridiculous.

You mean to tell me, that you get more for your money if you subscribe?!? :eek:

Hells yeah, plus extra cartel coins for FREE. They literally give you $5 in cartel coins EVERY MONTH.

So it's like $10 a month to really subscribe. If you put in a 6-monther, it's now $7 a month, and you're given $30 worth of cartel coins.

That's cheaper than paying $9 every month for just PvP on your two characters who can't do anything else post class-missions.

Edited by RazielHex

Hells yeah, plus extra cartel coins for FREE. They literally give you $5 in cartel coins EVERY MONTH.

So it's like $10 a month to really subscribe. If you put in a 6-monther, it's now $7 a month.

*mindblown*

Woah. And people be telling me how they just don't want to spend the money for a subscription just to PvP like it's not even worth it.

If it only cost, say, $5 per month to PvP on a f2p account (even if I had to pay extra to unlock the needed action bars, gear etc) I might have actually come back, as PvP is what I only did when I subbed months ago.

I do realise the more coins you buy the better the deal but I'm not dropping a big wad of cash all at once on a game I've already paid for in the past.

As it stands I'm out, I'll see if the prices change in a few months time.

Dear Business,

Previously I was paying for a service, and for (Insert reason here) I decided to stop using your service.

I would now like to start using your service again at the same capacity I did when using your service prior at half the price as everyone else, since you aren't allowing me to do so, I will continue NOT using said service. I will check back in a couple months in case my idea on what you should charge ME is met.

Signed,

Guy who doesn't understand nor will ever run a business

The point I was making was I'm not going to sub. There is way too much (ever increasing) competition out there for me to sub to this game again. I would be a casual SWTOR player if the price's were better.

I'm one example of an ex-player who will not be returning to the game, and as a few of you have said its cheaper with big purchases of subs/coins but in my OP I said this is exactly what I wont be doing...

Now, coming to the SWTOR forums and telling people what I think about this is bound to attract many naturally biased subscribers (which is fine) telling me to subscribe but my opinion still stands and if you want TOR to survive with a healthy player base I hope somebody out there will listen.

Edited by Ksaweri

We'll see how it works out. A monthly PvP or PvE pass might be cool. Encouraging subscriptions is a great goal but hitting lots of price points is wise.

Just sayin' in general. Don't flame pls. ;)

I'm happy with my subscription. Need to move it to the six month plan if I have not already. Best price point.

It's $8 a month to just pvp using CCs, and even less if you choose to opt out for a week due to RL issues. It's not the $5 you wanted, but seriously it's a difference of $3 dollars.

Edited by Smashbrother

It's $8 a month to just pvp using CCs, and even less if you choose to opt out for a week due to RL issues. It's not the $5 you wanted, but seriously it's a difference of $3 dollars.

Yeah no, read the third post in this thread...

Yeah read the other posts in the thread. The 5500CC pack makes it so its $8 a month.

But hey, if it's too much for you, then go spend your time and money elsewhere.

Well, I was sort of hoping for a debate.

I have already stated I'm not willing to spend lots of money buying big packs but you've just told me to buy big packs!

But, in a way, you are right. I will spend my time elsewhere.

I'm a subscriber so not qq'n for myself but I do want a healthy pvp community and that does seem high. IMO you should have action bars, any gear, and pvp for 7.50. That would seem fair. Anymore just seems like you should get a subscription. I guess 8.00 for all of that would be fine since slightly over half but if its 10 dollars when paying month to month that seems crazy when you are going with the assumption that swtor wants to attract MORE players. Just seems like bad business imo.

Also, I know its hard for many of us to understand but some ftp'rs can't easily afford 15$ a month and so they can't afford buying large bundles.

I only believe the purp gear unlock is to put the stuff on.... once it expires dont remove it. As far as the bars goes just play a certain class :) I can name a few. Remember you get an entire great game for free if you want to level two new characters.