Hard mode Soa Bug list and possible solutions for fellow raiders

1) Ancient power sources.. if you do not destroy them 1 by 1, boss bugs and he is stacked with 3x buff.. this cause 100% wipe at phase 3 .. solution for raiders: kill ancient power sources 1 by 1

2) during phase 3 if a player is killed by the damage of the orange cone boss bugs and he instantly goes back to invul.. solution for raiders: do not get killed by the orange cone until they fix this issue

3) boss sometimes mind traps the tank during phase 3.. result is encounter reset ..solution for raiders: exit area > restart the encounter

4) the boss rotation is so simple and boss does not use some sort of auto-attack > because of that the raid must stop dps in order to avoid whirlwind/mindtrap during phase change p2 to p3.. this causes to raid hit enrage timer during phase 3... enrage is like a joke, boss dmg is same but whirlwind instantly kills the player... either enrage timer must change and tuned or the boss should stop casting CC abilities after 34% or 32% ..Solution for raiders: use 2x dps on mind traps and let melee dps stay on the boss during phase 2, stop dps aorund 32% if boss casting CC ability, don't worry about balls they can be evaded during jump phase

5) 8 man nightmare mode mind traps has 200k hp like a joke.. consider current pve t3 weapons, who the hell is gonna dps 200k with champ weapon? solution for raiders: since the nightmare loot and hard mode loot is same, just farm the hard mode

6) Heal threat and Damage threat is not seperated.. this causes 2x healer to be CC'ed by the boss at the same time.. it means GG in the mmo dictionary... this is the first mmo i played the endgame raid boss totally RNG solution for raiders: expect worse hope for the best.. unfortunately no client side solution, except keep 1 healer always use anti-threat ability let dps never use anti-threat ability, 1 healer should use anti-threat ability only

7) Lightnign ball spawn points are totally random... Lightning ball spawns and stays in its position for around 4-5 sec than it moves to a player... Sometimes 3x lightnign ball spawns in same point, sometime soa puts the mind trap next to that spawn point... this means GG also.. i am assassin and my bro is assassin tank, we deal with 3/4 of the balls but because of this random spawn points our job is becoming so hard.. should i dps mind trap, should i go get the balls, should i go and nuke boss? Solution for raiders: Hope for the best, if lightning ball is spawned next to mind trap, explode it instnatly before the dps reaches there.. i generally hang out free mode during p3 to deal with this RNG ****, i am an assassin

8) again with the lightning balls sometimes they go invisible i don't know why, they can be targeted but they are invisible.. don't get me wrong i am one of the best assassin's on TOFN server and my bro is also Assassin tank, we deal with almost all the balls in this encounter, yet even we can't deal with the balls that we can not see.. Solution for raiders: Preferences > Controls> max camera distance to 100% ,, than always watch mini map, figure out where they spawn.. try to deal with em before they go invis... free player during p3 should do this.. suggested class is assassin/shadow

First of all before fixing anything, the threat must be seperated... heal and damage threat on same bracket is totally noobish.. ok i understand most of the bioware devs are wow fans but this game is nothing compared to wow raiding.. don't get me wrong i quit wow before wotlk... wow is for noobs and for kids.. maybe you guys should try to copy Rift lil bit.. even tho people claim rift is wow clone at least their developers can change the boss mechanics without even applying a hotfix to server...

I do not believe Bioware properly tested the raid content before the patch...

I think Bioware must select some hardcore raiders to test future raid instances before they release it...

Good luck

Here is my past mmo reference... i think this ss can make me lil bit more creditable..

http://i.imgur.com/vWJVu.jpg

Atlantic

Guild Master of Unique

Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Edited by psysention

You forgot one. This is just what I was told while doing HM Soa by /1 and when we tested it out they seemed to be telling the truth. The lightning balls in HM have a larger then intended radius at which they hit you and they deal alot more damage, a little over double what they are supposed to.

2 is false.

4 is false - enrage is 4 pendulum drops, no matter how long you take in p1/p2

6 is not a bug - in fact, 2 healers being incapd is what you hope for in phase 3.

7 is false - balls will always spawn on the side opposite the majority of the players in p2.

You are missing a few ones:

+ In 16 mode sometimes the green dot areas in P1 are invisible to some players ....

+ Sometimes you will arrive in P3 and a mind trap will already be there (while all your group is healthily jumping down the platforms). This will result in one of the members of the group to be instantly snatched into that extra mind trap at the beginning of P3. This wouldn't be so bad if when you destroy the mind trap, the one inside get teleported in another instance of EV... I think this is happenning when more than 100 players are in EV and there is an EV1 and EV2 on-going.

Other than that, as a fellow assassin whose main purpose is to freely roam after lightning balls, I would suggest that you turn nameplates on for every npc - this has solved my problem of invisible balls as their name stays on.

Love the comment about being the best assassin on the server. It is really funny because for some reason I keep seeing this sort of comment thrown around in game and on the forums.

Guess what, there is no WOL measuring your pve prowess yet or pvp rankings or ratings either. No one can really have any idea who is what right now. Glad you are claiming "best" already though, /facepalm.

Also love your jab at WOW being for "noobs" and "kids". Yeah, many of us quit WOW to come here, but here is a reality check for you: This game needs serious work to evolve to WOW's level of complexity. The Tier 1 content in this game is dumbed down and super simplistic, probably because there is no mods, no UI adjustments, no meters or combat logs to evaluate, no macros, I could go on and on etc etc.

If you put an encounter like heroic ragnaros in this game with the way it is currently, it would absolutely destroy players.

I don't want to go back to WOW, so I hope this game gets it act together and evolves, because you are right about one thing, the only thing hard about the content right now is the stupid bugs, and that isn't fun or challenging, it is just stupid.

Love the comment about being the best assassin on the server. It is really funny because for some reason I keep seeing this sort of comment thrown around in game and on the forums.

Guess what, there is no WOL measuring your pve prowess yet or pvp rankings or ratings either. No one can really have any idea who is what right now. Glad you are claiming "best" already though, /facepalm.

Also love your jab at WOW being for "noobs" and "kids". Yeah, many of us quit WOW to come here, but here is a reality check for you: This game needs serious work to evolve to WOW's level of complexity. The Tier 1 content in this game is dumbed down and super simplistic, probably because there is no mods, no UI adjustments, no meters or combat logs to evaluate, no macros, I could go on and on etc etc.

If you put an encounter like heroic ragnaros in this game with the way it is currently, it would absolutely destroy players.

I don't want to go back to WOW, so I hope this game gets it act together and evolves, because you are right about one thing, the only thing hard about the content right now is the stupid bugs, and that isn't fun or challenging, it is just stupid.

i said im one of the best...

i can put 100 screenshot here with me dominating any type of warzone...

i am the only one who lead pug raid to kill 16 man soa standart mode..

maybe i'm not the best, but im pretty sure one of the best on TOFN server bro

and this is beside the point

i am just trying to help other raiders to kill soa thats all

you can either profit from my experience or troll my post

no problem for me... i wil lstill dominate warozne i will still farm soa

What is up with the huge e-peen attitudes? There is no proof, at all, for you to claim you are the "best". If you want to help people, you might want to consider changing your attitude, else no one will take you seriously. Not to mention, warfronts are a per server basis, must I say more?

And just an FYI, most people left WoW because of dumb changes they made to classes, and the direction they are taking the game as a whole. Raiding still remains challenging, even after BC, there is a reason a lot of hard/heroic modes required hundreds of attempts to beat.

And just to give you an idea, Deathwing took 300+ attempts for the world first by a korean guild, even hard mode lich king took 200+ attempts. Many more examples can be given.

What is up with the huge e-peen attitudes? There is no proof, at all, for you to claim you are the "best". If you want to help people, you might want to consider changing your attitude, else no one will take you seriously. Not to mention, warfronts are a per server basis, must I say more?

And just an FYI, most people left WoW because of dumb changes they made to classes, and the direction they are taking the game as a whole. Raiding still remains challenging, even after BC, there is a reason a lot of hard/heroic modes required hundreds of attempts to beat.

And just to give you an idea, Deathwing took 300+ attempts for the world first by a korean guild, even hard mode lich king took 200+ attempts. Many more examples can be given.

Look i am not gonna argue with you

just because you don't like my attitude doesn't give you a right to troll or trash my thread..

if you can rad my posts carefully, i said i am one of the best Assassin in TOFN server

i didn't said i am the best assassin in the world..

so stop this silly argument, either profit from my findings and kill your raid boss

or just hang out here and troll peoples posts...

not to mention don't worry i freaking tried soa hard mode more than 150 times...

i had been wiping on that boss past 2 weeks... me and my raid spent more than a million credits on repair.. finally we killed him even tho there is silliy bugs... we can not fix the bugs, but we can at least prevent it lil bit...

all i am doing is trying to help other raiders..

so just move along man.. these are not the droids you are looking for!

Hello there,

We have updated 1.1 patch notes in the Public Test Server forum. Some of the issues you have listed are mentioned there:

Operations

Eternity Vault

• The Ancient Pylons now reset correctly if not solved within the allotted time.
  • Soa’s mind traps unintentionally had 200k health in Nightmare Mode. This amount has been reduced significantly.
  • The duration of the Penalty of Destiny effect in the Infernal Council encounter has been increased to 1 minute. Players are unable to assist other players in their fight for the duration of this effect.

Hello there,

We have updated 1.1 patch notes in the Public Test Server forum. Some of the issues you have listed are mentioned there:

Trineda

Those are nice fixes

expecially buffing the infernal council encounter is good idea...

it's ok for us tho since everyone in my guild capable of defeating their targets without outside help...

nerfing the mind traps on Nightmare mode is also nice...

But there are some RNG issues on the Soa encounter... Me and my guild can deal with those issues.. but i don't see any casual guild killing hard mode soa in the near future..

Our raid suffered from the invisible lightning ball bug today, we only run one Jedi Shadow so dealing with them was impossible when nobody could see them.

i suggest shadow tank as MT

and 1x shadow dps

for easier run

both should have 45 sec force shroud

I am the best assasin on my server too! Oh wait im a Jugg. Well guess im the best Jugg then!

Thanks for posting your findings and feedback.

Just next time leave out the "hey look my epeen is bigger then all of you guys and oh yea I am just helping everyone but in actuality I am trying to stroke my ego some more!"

Thanks!

I am the best assasin on my server too! Oh wait im a Jugg. Well guess im the best Jugg then!

Thanks for posting your findings and feedback.

Just next time leave out the "hey look my epeen is bigger then all of you guys and oh yea I am just helping everyone but in actuality I am trying to stroke my ego some more!"

Thanks!

if you can read my post

i wrote i am one of the best

i never claimed i am the best...

learn 2 read

Thanks!

Edited by psysention

1) Ancient power sources.. if you do not destroy them 1 by 1, boss bugs and he is stacked with 3x buff.. this cause 100% wipe at phase 3 .. solution for raiders: kill ancient power sources 1 by 1

2) during phase 3 if a player is killed by the damage of the orange cone boss bugs and he instantly goes back to invul.. solution for raiders: do not get killed by the orange cone until they fix this issue

3) boss sometimes mind traps the tank during phase 3.. result is encounter reset ..solution for raiders: exit area > restart the encounter

4) the boss rotation is so simple and boss does not use some sort of auto-attack > because of that the raid must stop dps in order to avoid whirlwind/mindtrap during phase change p2 to p3.. this causes to raid hit enrage timer during phase 3... enrage is like a joke, boss dmg is same but whirlwind instantly kills the player... either enrage timer must change and tuned or the boss should stop casting CC abilities after 34% or 32% ..Solution for raiders: use 2x dps on mind traps and let melee dps stay on the boss during phase 2, stop dps aorund 32% if boss casting CC ability, don't worry about balls they can be evaded during jump phase

5) 8 man nightmare mode mind traps has 200k hp like a joke.. consider current pve t3 weapons, who the hell is gonna dps 200k with champ weapon? solution for raiders: since the nightmare loot and hard mode loot is same, just farm the hard mode

6) Heal threat and Damage threat is not seperated.. this causes 2x healer to be CC'ed by the boss at the same time.. it means GG in the mmo dictionary... this is the first mmo i played the endgame raid boss totally RNG solution for raiders: expect worse hope for the best.. unfortunately no client side solution, except keep 1 healer always use anti-threat ability let dps never use anti-threat ability, 1 healer should use anti-threat ability only

7) Lightnign ball spawn points are totally random... Lightning ball spawns and stays in its position for around 4-5 sec than it moves to a player... Sometimes 3x lightnign ball spawns in same point, sometime soa puts the mind trap next to that spawn point... this means GG also.. i am assassin and my bro is assassin tank, we deal with 3/4 of the balls but because of this random spawn points our job is becoming so hard.. should i dps mind trap, should i go get the balls, should i go and nuke boss? Solution for raiders: Hope for the best, if lightning ball is spawned next to mind trap, explode it instnatly before the dps reaches there.. i generally hang out free mode during p3 to deal with this RNG ****, i am an assassin

8) again with the lightning balls sometimes they go invisible i don't know why, they can be targeted but they are invisible.. don't get me wrong i am one of the best assassin's on TOFN server and my bro is also Assassin tank, we deal with almost all the balls in this encounter, yet even we can't deal with the balls that we can not see.. Solution for raiders: Preferences > Controls> max camera distance to 100% ,, than always watch mini map, figure out where they spawn.. try to deal with em before they go invis... free player during p3 should do this.. suggested class is assassin/shadow

First of all before fixing anything, the threat must be seperated... heal and damage threat on same bracket is totally noobish.. ok i understand most of the bioware devs are wow fans but this game is nothing compared to wow raiding.. don't get me wrong i quit wow before wotlk... wow is for noobs and for kids.. maybe you guys should try to copy Rift lil bit.. even tho people claim rift is wow clone at least their developers can change the boss mechanics without even applying a hotfix to server...

I do not believe Bioware properly tested the raid content before the patch...

I think Bioware must select some hardcore raiders to test future raid instances before they release it...

Good luck

Here is my past mmo reference... i think this ss can make me lil bit more creditable..

http://i.imgur.com/vWJVu.jpg

Atlantic

Guild Master of Unique

Tomb of Freedon Nadd

another suggestion is turn turn on enemy name plates

last night Soa hardmode bugged out on us, he was stuck down stairs in the P3 area and wouldnt reset, tried everything from reseting to disbanding the ops and starting again but he just stayed down stairs, ended up just calling it. :(