Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A flying throne, a Force-user prefering a metal axe before a lightsaber, and whatever silly things they'll be putting into the game, I'm just happy to see what I hope is only the beginning of an intention to make the game more visually diverse. Same few gear designs just with different colours, same goes for speeders, every race looking like a human being etc.

Dump whatever silly things into this game you want - you can put in a Gamorian shovel if you want - as long as it creates diversity.

Edited by Andge

He looks tired and there's no doubt workload has increased, but he also has more facial hair, and the lighting is very different. At E3, he had a spotlight on his face. This new video looks dim and yellowy by comparison. I'm sure there was a higher energy level at the convention, too.

http://i.imgur.com/ZU2sl.jpg

I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, and I certainly don't want to pick on Blaine. I'm just pointing out a few factors to consider.

Actually, he looks a LOT like my Dark Side IV Juggernaut.

I am not a big fan of that floating chair. I was hoping this chair would be on your ship so you could boost...something, powers, ablities, whatever. A floating chair though is quite goofy. Some people dig it though I guess.

Hopefully with the 1.5 launch we can customize our spaceships with names for space combat, customizing the interior would be pretty swell too. Hanging dice? Hecks yeah!

Oh, and maybe one of these days we'll all get PvP points just for fighting on a planet instead of only in Warzones and such.

Eugh.. When will you learn that people don't need crappy eye-candy items to enhance their game experience, but instead ACTUAL unique items that they can actively put to USE..

I foresee this to be a complete failure just like the CE's shop and the like.

You know, most of the players are adults and don't really care for an axe and a red monkey lol.

You know, most of the players are adults and don't really care for an axe and a red monkey lol.

"You know"

"Most of the"

Please, do provide us with empirical data proving these declarative statements. Until then, I, as a forty-year old male player with a wife, four kids, and all that jazz, will be eagerly awaiting my monkey lizard, will be giving that axe to my DS Sentinel.

You know that video would work better if he actually looked at the camera instead of obviously reading a marketing speech off a blackboard/whiteboard left of the camera. :cool: Not trying to bash mind you. But its just that it feels very forced. Edited by Moonsweeper

"...replace your lightsaber with Gamorrean axes..."

Shut up and take my money! That will be amazing for my River Tam inspired Marauder... >:3

Next thing they should add is a good looking vibrosword that actually looks like a SWORD. :D I miss the vibroswords from KotOR. No idea why did they turn them into glowing baseball bats in TOR.

And about the throne.. I actually love it. Imagine it's uses for roleplay when you can just pop up your mobile throne platform and move on / (the walking speed) as a Lord or Darth. Or just have a few Darths sit on such thrones, forming circle, having a meeting! Short-sighted you must not be, young pedowan!

Nice video and I agree that he looks tired give him a brief holiday when you launch F2P. Now as for the flying throne , I only noticed about 3 people liking it in this thread. So to the complainers , are you fairly new to sci-fi mmo's ? I had to ask because obviously you never played Phantasy Star Online ( any episode ) , the chair races where epic ! So THE THRONE'S CAN STAY THANK YOU! BRING ON THE THRONE RACES I WILL BE THE WINNER! We can chase all the throne haters down :) . I can not wait , might even be quite cheap on the GTN , mind you I'm sure they won't complain when they get one and sell it for mega monies ;/ sigh.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Hmm I personally don't like the idea of flying chairs... to me the entire idea kills the star wars feel of the game however that being said, if there not liked, don't buy them and problem solved.

An item for sale does not mean you have to buy it. If you dont agree with it don't use it.

Bout time the Sith got their own hoverchair. Watch out Yoda! Your days as the Hoverchair Racing Champion are over!

Hey yeah forgot about that and yes you are correct , mind you he has a low wind resistance advantage :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I'm sorry, but none of what ive seen there so far regarding this cartel nonsense is rocking my world atm, if this is just going to be a cosmetic item store with a few quirky pets and daft animations, then it wont keep my interest for long, how about after you release this silly justification for a subscribers cash, you get back to whats really important, and i dont just mean endless new operations or warzones, its time to go back to brass tacks gentlemen and work on the mmo basics youve neglected to impliment so far as the list is endless (really need guildmail, and far better guild management tools / features) for starters. I can only hope they announce something epic soon about thier super secret space project, and it better be for subscribers only, after all, its us lot paying for its development, if its been dropped in favour of crass outfits and gimmicks with the occassional new operation every 6 weeks, your going to loose a lot interest from subscribers.:(

Was I the only one who noticed how expensive everything was. I mean I have played this game since day one and my cartel coins I will get for being a paid member is like 1300. All those packs they are showing cost twice that amount....

You didn't really expect you could buy everything with complimentary cartel coins? You have to earn it by playing the game, every month of something like that you get more, so you'll be able to buy stuff soon enough. Otherwise its not really a reward system, if everyone can buy the best pack.

I don't know why, but I got the distinct feeling that Blaine Christine either hated the Cartel Packs or thought they were going to drive players away. I'm no body language expert, but to me his facial expression screamed: "I don't like this."

Of course, I could be 100% wrong and he could thing the idea was positively brilliant.

Thats what I was thinking too. Seemed like he felt a little douchey having to tell us about this.

:rak_02: I don't like the fact of the market the button looks huge they need to fix that plus they also need to fix bugs in this game before they release any new stuff but EA and bioware guys always do that .

Will the cartel market carry diffrent characters for purchase?

Will the cartel market also increase the number of character slots?

I am a paid subscriber I will continue also to be a paid subscriber to this game but I want to know the list of options with this F2P market seems in the video they are a bunch of toys and nothing supporting on increaseing character slots so I can play more characters also seems to me that no added species to this game to make me play further or in depth of a newer character in story.

these are the things that seems to be critical to future play, not saying the toys aren't cool but doesn't seem to be other planets to do more questing added to the galaxy either.

Edited by Izrin

:rak_02: I don't like the fact of the market the button looks huge they need to fix that plus they also need to fix bugs in this game before they release any new stuff but EA and bioware guys always do that .

Will the cartel market carry diffrent characters for purchase?

Will the cartel market also increase the number of character slots?

I am a paid subscriber I will continue also to be a paid subscriber to this game but I want to know the list of options with this F2P market seems in the video they are a bunch of toys and nothing supporting on increaseing character slots so I can play more characters also seems to me that no added species to this game to make me play further or in depth of a newer character in story.

these are the things that seems to be critical to future play, not saying the toys aren't cool but doesn't seem to be other planets to do more questing added to the galaxy either.

Update 1.5 answers all your questions.

Update 1.5 answers all your questions.

It doesn't seem to, didn't see anything about newer species nor anything about new character slots( creating new characters) all that I seen was the market , and other options oh and I didn't see any other planets like Felucia, Geonosis or Naboo and Mustafar

which I think that is funny that they are Geonosians at alderaan and tattooine but have no home planet

Edited by Izrin