Hard Modes not working! GJ Bioware

So me and 3 other players thought we should try some hardmodes today. We did Esseles hardmode was all right. Then we wanted to continue with Hammerstation. To our surprise we could not access this FP in hardmode, nor could we access any of the other FPs in the Mission Departures area. With some workarounds we finally managed to get into Taral V. (Picking up the quest, talk to master Oteg, abandon the [GROUP] Taral V flashpoint, takeing the Hardmode quest from the droid) Oh joy we can do a FP in hardmode, finally. After we wipe and press the respawn button we are all disconnected and are now waiting in queue.

GJ Bioware on testing your endgame content for even basic playability. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem and if Bioware are aware of it. (Assuming yes, just want assurance)

Im one off the guys, that was playing with him, And i can confirm all off it..

It seems like all we can do atm is, either pvp and farm the gear from there, or just do esseless once a day, then continue to teral V with our workaround way, attempt a boss, and que for 2 hours as a punishment for whiping...

While on the started planet Ord mantal there are only 24 players atm, so i dont understand the que anyways..

Anyways, GG Bioware, hope its fixed soon because its unplayable.

~StickySheets

~GM My Little Ewok

Edited by StickySheets

Im one off the guys, that was playing with him, And i can confirm all off it..

It seems like all we can do atm is, either pvp and farm the gear from there, or just do esseless once a day, then continue to teral V with our workaround way, attempt a boss, and que for 2 hours as a punishment for whiping...

While on the started planet Ord mantal there are only 24 players atm, so i dont understand the que anyways..

Anyways, GG Bioware, hope its fixed soon because its unplayable.

~StickySheets

~GM My Little Ewok

You can't level in the meantime? Or are you one of those spacebar players who rushed through the game and is now complaining about lack of end-game?

I suspect it's the latter.

You can't level in the meantime? Or are you one of those spacebar players who rushed through the game and is now complaining about lack of end-game?

Personally, I just dinged 50 having not space barred a single thing. I just had a lot of time on my hands this last week.

We were, however, told that every flashpoint would have a hard mode.

So far, all the 'hangar' flashpoints (Hammer, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu, Colicoid War Games and Red Reaper) are all missing their hard modes.

So.. it's not so much complaining about lack of end game content, it's complaining that the content that we were led to believe would be there, is not actually there.

I'm not complaining too loudly, I still have plenty of **** to do. It's just.. half the content is missing. That seems like a pretty big oversight.

Please dont post crap like this. It just sounds bitter and adds nothing to the topic. I myself am not 50 but I do agree with the OP, this needs to be changed.

Bioware isn't going to do anything about it if we say nothing. Im fine if OP space bar'd to 50. That means this might get sorted out by the time I hit 50

Obviously we are at 50 since we are doing hardmodes. You don't have to spacebar through everything to be at 50 by now if you've played a lot since the first day of early access. It's not that we can't do anything else, as much as it's the fact that a big part of the game, end-game dungeons is not even working. They are not glitchy or lack content, they are not present at all.

You should be happy, if everyone was as slow as you then you'd get to 50 and you would discover, with all the other fan-boys that come with the same ****** argument, that half the end-game content is unaccessable.

Your needs are important.

Your opinion is valid.

However you are experiencing an issue that... honestly.... 0.01% of the player base is currently able to access.

There are other issues that they are looking into that affects >70% of the rest. Those are of higher-priority and being dealt with first.

Yes the heroic instances will be there in time. Be patient.

Please dont post crap like this. It just sounds bitter and adds nothing to the topic. I myself am not 50 but I do agree with the OP, this needs to be changed.

Bioware isn't going to do anything about it if we say nothing. Im fine if OP space bar'd to 50. That means this might get sorted out by the time I hit 50

First off, I'm allowed to voice my opinion. It's ridiculous when people rush to 50 and then complain about nothing to do.

I recall them saying hard mode would be in the game(which it is-Black Talon has hard mode), I don't recall them guaranteeing every flashpoint would have hard mode by the 2nd day of "official launch". (Which today is only the 2nd day of the game being officially released) If you can provide it in writing then I'll back off.

Secondly, he (OP) stated that they were able to get into the hardmode by doing "workarounds" and then he complained that his workaround caused him to crash. No surprise there, if you are doing a complicated series of interactions with a game engine in order to circumvent an already apparent error, it shouldn't come as a surprise that you will bug out.

Essentially if you want to get into semantics he should have filed a bug report and gone on to do something else. Instead I highly suspect that his "workaround" probably involved exploiting (By the technical definition of exploiting) some game mechanic to bypass whatever bug/filter was preventing him from entering hard modes for the other flashpoints.

Edited by Sykomyke

Obviously we are at 50 since we are doing hardmodes. You don't have to spacebar through everything to be at 50 by now if you've played a lot since the first day of early access. It's not that we can't do anything else, as much as it's the fact that a big part of the game, end-game dungeons is not even working. They are not glitchy or lack content, they are not present at all.

You should be happy, if everyone was as slow as you then you'd get to 50 and you would discover, with all the other fan-boys that come with the same ****** argument, that half the end-game content is unaccessable.

Yea god forbid I have a job that I go to. :rolleyes: Damn shame that I can't sit at home all day playing the game and have to be a responsible adult. I'm level 30 FYI. I have scheduled time off next week for Christmas Vacation and I suspect I'll hit 50 by the end of my vacation period. So, yes, I did expect people to hit 50 fast. What I didn't expect people to do was hit 50 and then continue to whine about lack of end-game. You rushed there, now you see that 50 has lack of content.

If it's buggy, report it and move on and do something else, like I stated in my other post.

Also...Congratulations. Ad hominem eh? Just cause I don't agree with you, or because I value my job over a game doesn't make me a fanboy. Such a stupid term. Overused by a majority of people who really have no place using it. So if I like Bioware/SWTOR I'm a fanboy? Mature viewpoint there sonny.

Hmm, Lets speak again once u reach lvl 50, and u can only do the oné flashpoint.. and pvp all day long..

I don't get it. A game that has been in developement for several years and cost allegedly over 100 million dollars and I can't expect it to have end-game dungeons? ARE YOU SERIOUS? I buy a Ferrari and I shouldn't whine if there's rust and it lacks an engine? It's not like we cleared all the dungeons a week after release and now have nothing to do. We were able to do 1 dungeon.

They have 1 end-game dungeon at release! MMO's with 1/100 of the developement budget had more at release. Taral V is obviously broken as well unless you wanna claim that it's normal to get DC'd after you respawn.

This is why I'm calling you out as a fanboy: For defending Bioware for delivering massively broken content(getting DC'd and thus forced to wait 3 hours in queue is prety major IMO) and for claiming that it's perfectly fine and normal to lack one of the most integral part of MMO end-game content in a AAA MMO post WoW.

This is what most people will do once they reach 50, which will be happening to a lot of folks over the next few days. Especially the people that don't enjoy PvP will find that they have nothing to do but re-roll. I think this is a major issue, large enough to not only make a bugreport about but also write a post on the forums.

Edited by Herew

Can se why this hurt some of you but what can you do when you are infected with the Wow Plauge

That you call him a fan boy i do not get when ther is only logic in his post

and if your lvl 50 now and doing hard modes id say you forget ..its a single player mmo Its like baldurs gate players vs Diablo players

Do you rly play to enjoy it or are you a WHATS YOUR GEAR SCOR Player

i agree with you on that how long it took them make the game and how mutch money They had BUT! Its a Masive game and have ALOT! But you are to narrow minded That it hurts

I don't get it. A game that has been in developement for several years and cost allegedly over 100 million dollars and I can't expect it to have end-game dungeons? ARE YOU SERIOUS? I buy a Ferrari and I shouldn't whine if there's rust and it lacks an engine? It's not like we cleared all the dungeons a week after release and now have nothing to do. We were able to do 1 dungeon.

They have 1 end-game dungeon at release! MMO's with 1/100 of the developement budget had more at release. Taral V is obviously broken as well unless you wanna claim that it's normal to get DC'd after you respawn.

This is why I'm calling you out as a fanboy: For defending Bioware for delivering massively broken content(getting DC'd and thus forced to wait 3 hours in queue is prety major IMO) and for claiming that it's perfectly fine and normal to lack one of the most integral part of MMO end-game content in a AAA MMO post WoW.

ANY software in the world has bugs and problems. To arbitrarily think that this was going to be released without any bugs whatsoever is beyond naive. I'm not a fanboy for defending Bioware, they will release content, and they will fix bugs because I have faith in them to fix these issues in time. That's not a fanboy, that's called being realistic. You, however, are being an unrealistic entitled child who believes that every piece of software released should be flawless. And MMO's with 1/100 of the budget also have no voice acting, don't look nearly as nice, and don't have massive quest chains with multiple interactions and outcomes.

Honestly, I think you are being completely unrealistic with the situation. If you are that bored already, stop playing. Or roll an alt. /sigh

If you wanted them to fix it you should have used a more positive title that would garner attention from the employees looking for bug reports in the forums. When you post a title with a snarky one-liner like "GJ BIOWARE! /sarcasm" don't be surprised when people call you out on your lack of delivering information in a respectful manner.

Edited by Meluna
rude

Without these "spacebar players" getting there early and finding this out, it could've been you not being able to run them and you on here complaining about it.

How about saying thanks for finding a bug and lets hope it gets fixed before we get there?

Without these "spacebar players" getting there early and finding this out, it could've been you not being able to run them and you on here complaining about it.

How about saying thanks for finding a bug and lets hope it gets fixed before we get there?

Because a player who wants to get a bug fixed files a bug report in game and then posts it in the customer support forum.

A player who wants to gripe about something because they hate corporations and has no realistic understanding of how software works, comes to the Flashpoint forums to post snarky titles with nothing but rants and raves in it on how Bioware sucks.

There's a distinct difference. And I have no sympathy for the latter.

Because a player who wants to get a bug fixed files a bug report in game and then posts it in the customer support forum.

A player who wants to gripe about something because they hate corporations and has no realistic understanding of how software works, comes to the Flashpoint forums to post snarky titles with nothing but rants and raves in it on how Bioware sucks.

That does not get critical bugs fixed. Public exposure hastens a the fix.

Nothing wrong with what the OP is doing at all.

The OP posted a problem. It's a legit problem. He posted it in kind of a nonconstructive way, but there it is.

No need for 2 pages of calling each other names. Can we just try to make this game's forums better than other games'?

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to call each other names, but I refuse to back down from people who call others 'fanboy'. My goal was to point out that his original post could have been presented much better to garner more favorable attention. And again, you are right. We should strive to be better then other games. I'm done.

Hitting 50 one day after launch means you been playing wayyy too much.. no offense.

I think most who play a good average of playtime 3-4 hours per day without crafting would be somewhere around Level 35-40. (Pending they started 13th or 14th from early access.)

I'm sure BW is aware of these issues. I think most of us knew that BW was selling us the story of the game... I have an impression how thin and buggy end game will be already based on other MMO's.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to call each other names, but I refuse to back down from people who call others 'fanboy'. My goal was to point out that his original post could have been presented much better to garner more favorable attention. And again, you are right. We should strive to be better then other games. I'm done.

Agreed.

You have a severe attitude problem,the op found a bug and therefor has come on the forums asking has ANYONE expierienced the same problem, he's asked a totally legitimate question tryin to find out is he the only 1 with the problem or is it the same for everyone tryin to enter HCs.

If he's rushed to 50 then that's entirely upto him he payed for the game and can play it as he wishes and I agree with him,it's not like he's talkin about an operation he's talkin about HCs where 1000s more ppl will be trying to enter in the next view days,and believe if it's still not fixed by then the **** really will hit the fan.

I won't comment on your second paragraph, but I will agree with your first. In that other game that everyone seems to like talking about, at the start of wotlk my guild discovered a massive bug with the server first raid achievments. Our guild leader made an ingame bug report and I posted it on the customer support forums. The forum post had a response from a community rep very quick (editing my post so the mechanics of the bug were removed) promising to get it looked at asap. The guild leader had a response from a gm, followed by a senior gm, followed by the head gm for europe. Am not saying that bioware will do the same, but in that game a serious bug was acted upon based on the 'official' procedures.

I recall them saying hard mode would be in the game(which it is-Black Talon has hard mode), I don't recall them guaranteeing every flashpoint would have hard mode by the 2nd day of "official launch". (Which today is only the 2nd day of the game being officially released) If you can provide it in writing then I'll back off.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/16573-facebook-q-a-with-daniel-erickson-highlights

BAM.

Can also be found directly by scrolling down through the SWTOR Facebook page until you get to the Q&A's with Daniel Erickson on October 16.

Direct quote:

'A.j. Artiles: Will there be a "hardcore" difficulty for Flashpoints?

Daniel: Yes, all of the 15 announced flashpoints are also playable at end game with harder difficulty modes and end game gear.'

Key word: All 15.

We're missing 6.