Marauder guidance/optimization for those struggling

Pappus

There is some speculative information running rampant out there about bleeds in Anni being affected by force attacks and not strength - I.E. if you want bigger bleeds, go grab all those will power datacrons. I find this hard to believe, but am wondering if there is any proof/confirmation for this?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pappus, here's a breakout of how Expertise adds up per piece. I am full BM minus 3 pieces...(1 armor and 2 relics) so I am just 6 expertise or so short of max expertise. The last 3 or 4 pieces of PvP gear really start to shrink down in the amount of bonus added.

I will probably be picking up the columi implants with aug slots to compare damage, since those last 2 pieces add around 2/3 of what the first piece did. Feel free to add this to your main post.

50 = 1.38

100 = 2.66

150 = 3.65

200 = 4.96

250 = 5.99

300 = 6.96

350 = 7.65

398 = 8.66

446 = 9.41

492 = 10.08

542 = 10.76

592 = 11.40

643 = 12.00

694 = 12.56

Also, another tip for you guys is to use those champion commendations you've been stock piling for champ armor to demod. The enhancements in the Battlemaster gear kind of suck, so I got a few pieces of the Champion Enforcer line and swapped the default enhancement for one that has 23 endurance, 34 power, and 48 surge rating. Doing this 5 times netted me 170 power and 240 surge rating, and losing the crit rating and accuracy rating did not affect me much at all since I was at around 110% accuracy and 40% crit chance. (Rage spec.) Another option is to keep the enhancements from our own BM set that have 34 crit and 48 surge rating, ditching the accuracy. My next project is replacing the mod pieces in all of the BM gear, ditching crit rating for power, picking up another 170 total power and leaving str and end pretty much the same.

Curious what would be the best slots to fill with PvE gear if you're going to mix it in instead of going full PvE. I'd like to back off my expertise a bit and gain mainstat as 500+ starts to hit a pretty extreme DR.

Should I work on crit'ing the belt/bracers? Or go for the relics? I don't think I have it in me to try and farm the implants.

@ OP,

Nice writeup love your math you did on PvP gear vs PvE gear, dislike your spec calculator thought.

First off for Annihilation: Subjugation IS HUGE. It makes your interrupt the best in the game. Healers have a 2 second grace period to cast that heal you interrupted. Quick recovery is NOT needed as you will not be using smash at all unless its to get people off caping an object. (Cloak of annihilation is much more superior). Phantom is kind of a toss up, I dont think its worth 2 points. Hemorrhage is 15% more bleed damage (That adds up.)

Imo this is the best Annihilation spec you can go. There is a toss up with Defensive roll (30% less AoE damage) and Ravager (10 secs less cooldown on force choke) I do love the 10 secs less on force choke, but I am sick of getting crit for 4-5k from Rage speced Warriors.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIrRbRbcGzZhMMZh.1

Second your Rage build. You need Enraged slash. Strangulate is awful, do not waste 2 points into it, take. Unbreakable rage?!?!? No way!! Useless! Interceptor is pretty good imo, the extra 20% helps alot with snipers/sages/sorcs/gunslingers.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZGMRrzrMkGR.1

@ OP,

Quick recovery is NOT needed as you will not be using smash at all unless its to get people off caping an object. (Cloak of annihilation is much more superior). Phantom is kind of a toss up, I dont think its worth 2 points.

You're smoking the wrong grass.

@ OP,

Nice writeup love your math you did on PvP gear vs PvE gear, dislike your spec calculator thought.

First off for Annihilation: Subjugation IS HUGE. It makes your interrupt the best in the game. Healers have a 2 second grace period to cast that heal you interrupted. Quick recovery is NOT needed as you will not be using smash at all unless its to get people off caping an object. (Cloak of annihilation is much more superior). Phantom is kind of a toss up, I dont think its worth 2 points. Hemorrhage is 15% more bleed damage (That adds up.)

Imo this is the best Annihilation spec you can go. There is a toss up with Defensive roll (30% less AoE damage) and Ravager (10 secs less cooldown on force choke) I do love the 10 secs less on force choke, but I am sick of getting crit for 4-5k from Rage speced Warriors.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIrRbRbcGzZhMMZh.1

Second your Rage build. You need Enraged slash. Strangulate is awful, do not waste 2 points into it, take. Unbreakable rage?!?!? No way!! Useless! Interceptor is pretty good imo, the extra 20% helps alot with snipers/sages/sorcs/gunslingers.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZGMRrzrMkGR.1

Not even 1/2 close quarters, no blurred speed?

Total fail spec for pvp.

• 3 weeks later...

I would also like to know where do you come up with 85% surge as the number to have.

Does this 85% holds for rage spec? Or it goes down to 55%?

Some suggested that we should "aim" at about 30% crit, 75% surge buffed, after this point

you start to get diminishing returns.

Tried to change surge from 65% up to 85% and did not notice any big difference at least with rage spec. For Anhi I only tried to "play" with crit up to 40% buffed and surge about 75%.

Also did not notice and big difference.

Would like to thank you for the guide very nice information gathered.

I would also like to know where do you come up with 85% surge as the number to have.

Does this 85% holds for rage spec? Or it goes down to 55%?

Some suggested that we should "aim" at about 30% crit, 75% surge buffed, after this point

you start to get diminishing returns.

Tried to change surge from 65% up to 85% and did not notice any big difference at least with rage spec. For Anhi I only tried to "play" with crit up to 40% buffed and surge about 75%.

Also did not notice and big difference.

Would like to thank you for the guide very nice information gathered.

This guide was written before the surge nerf