Is it just me or are quest storylines BORING?

Jowy

Hey guys,

I've always been a big fan of BioWare's story in games. First came out Dragon Age 2, which was the first warning bell ringing in my ear. Perhaps these guys can't always succeed afterall? And now, SWTOR. This is the biggest problem I have with the game. I find that there is way too much filler quests! Just having voice acting and "story" doesn't mean it's good. Most of the quests I've encountered so far (lvl18 BH, lvl15 IE) are "go collect a number of X things for the imperial war effort!" and the bonus quest is "kill X enemies". And I'd be 100% fine with these if the story was anything like in our class quests. But it's not. Even having some snarky lines would make a quest worth it, but it's almost always:

Option 1: Accept quest in a cocky way

Option 2: Accept quest in a humble way

Option 3: Refuse quest

I think the reason that normal quests are so boring is because, and correct me if I'm wrong, every class has the same dialog options. This means that you can't have anything too specific or else one class will feel out of place. That's why most of the dialog (or story) actually sounds bad for all the classes.

Admittedly, class quests so far have been fun. They're what I expected from a BioWare game. Hopefully they'll be enough to carry me though the boring bits. The first flashpoint as well was awesome! But then, the next two? Horrible beyond belief! All we got are some holos. I don't think there was a single conversation in those two flashpoints! So very dissapointed. Here's hoping that the quality of class quests doesn't go down as well.

Edited by Jowy

you are so far off its sickening.

jedi are mostly along those lines with

good accept

rude/bad accept

refuse

sith side on the other hand

evil accept

even more evil accept

refuse.... evily

and like someone already stated you are right there not even level 20 yet and you are complaining about a story that is very much still in act 1.

try the /slapmyself command.

you have not even got to level 50 and you are calling the class quest boring LOL

Perhaps try little reading comprehension? I actually called the CLASS quests GOOD. And yeah, I'm not level 50 yet, admittedly. Perhaps it gets better? I can't know yet. From what I've seen so far, it's the opposite. Quests get worse the higher I get. Atleast if they follow the same formula that flashpoints seem to do. First one good, the next two very very lackluster!

you are so far off its sickening.

jedi are mostly along those lines with

good accept

rude/bad accept

refuse

sith side on the other hand

evil accept

even more evil accept

refuse.... evily

and like someone already stated you are right there not even level 20 yet and you are complaining about a story that is very much still in act 1.

try the /slapmyself command.

As far as I know, normal quests don't have chapters. Only class quests have chapters, which I said were good (already).

I understand your position, and you are correct to a degree; the dialogue options get a little boring and there is a notable difference in the excitement between class quests and regular quests.

However, you've gotta remember this is a huge game, with a lotta missions, and a max of three chat options at a time, which are a generalization.

There's quirks in the quests from time to time, but if they did it too much then the effect would wear off and there wouldn't have been any point in it.

I was affraid that I am the only one bored by this quests.... After 2 days of playing i skip EVERY q, including class storylines...

I just wait for option in interface to switch q dialogues off, and get q like in wow - click and you can go and play with friends :)

cheers.

It's not just you. As a 32 smuggler, the class quests and world quests are the only dialogue moments I don't skip. They are quite good, but the others are indeed filler. This also has me debating how many other classes I intend to play, especially if I'm going to have to repeat the same side missions over and over again.

The problem is that BW expected the formula for their single player RPGs to smoothly transition over to MMOs. Again, the class stories are great but in a DA or ME, you only had a few side missions to do on a new map (planet for TOR)...and there were only a few new maps until you hit the latter stages of the game.

On TOR, you go through several new planets...all full of side quests...and you know it's essentially going to be the same thing, just worded a bit differently.

50 levels of side quests. Ugh.

the perfect formula for me is:

lvl rush the class quest like an amster until u get the fleet, start doing the daily space combat, play warfront until u are lvl 18 you will faceroll any HC2 if u willing to do it.

go to the first planet, pick all the quest u can but only follow a path that lead to your class quest. at the end of the class quest destroy anything in your questbook.

Put your self in LFG FP using /who , go back to the space mission/WF questing stuff

Rinse and repeat you will end having a full pvp lvl 40 set waiting for you

*** i was on anfetamine:eek:

I agree, quest storylines are often boring. I still read all of them but I think I'll break.

I was affraid that I am the only one bored by this quests.... After 2 days of playing i skip EVERY q, including class storylines...

I just wait for option in interface to switch q dialogues off, and get q like in wow - click and you can go and play with friends :)

cheers.

This is strange. What class do You play? I tried all class storylines (but only lol lvl - just BH high) on Empire's side and they are mostly great.

Option 1: Accept quest in a cocky way

Option 2: Accept quest in a humble way

Option 3: Refuse quest

This is called primitiveness. For those who've been played various MMORPG for a time and isn't Star Wars fans it's boring. Need something to make fresh feeling. And class quests is the good example here.

Technically all quests are the same but character storylines are interesting and comparable to the standalone literary works. It's what makes fresh feel and keeps hooked. Deeply worked dialogs with some effect on the game depending on reply variant (at least the most minor effect but something) could to make fresh regular quests.

Now, speaking for myself, have been playing various MMORPG for about 6 years and not Star Wars fan, i'm not going to continue subscription after a month which comes with the game.

Edited by dtopuriya