Thoughts on Set Bonus Drops in Operations

I clear regularly TfB and S&V hm with my guild, so you're absolutely wrong. Make up another story as to why you are opposed to this.

I wouldn't do something as lame as making up something so stupid on a video game forum. If you truly do clear it once a week you should be agreeing with me. S&V has a LOT of loot drops. TFB is trivial and quick, and again has a lot of loot drops. Refer to my bottom response.

Nice Try...2.0 has been out for 8 WEEKS. That means if you went with a progression group of 8 dedicated people, they would just now be getting getting the last person their complete suit. If you got alts and have no life and are able to raid 24/7...good for you. A Lot of us have jobs and a life and don't want to be raid focused in our remaining free time.

8 weeks is a lot of time to get gear. I didn't ever say we were greed rolling on every single piece did I? I said certain pieces. As far as the mh goes last week we all had it in 1 of our runs, and yesterday 1 person just got it because they were the only one with a 69. We run S&V and TFB 1-2 times a week with our mains, and alts on 2-3 nights, this is plenty of time to get people geared, and its not the same people every time. We do this late at night after everyone is home from work, school, and has spent time with their families and have down time. If this constitutes to having no life then ok I guess we have no lives. I'm not trying to boast I'm simply saying the gearing process is exactly how it should be. What would the replay value be if you could get the best gear simply by running repeat flashpoints? You realize that you can only get the BiS enhancements through unassembled gear right? With the exception of some mods, and hilts. If the gearing process was faster than it is now EVEN MORE people would be complaining about lack of content. See things all the way through before suggesting them. /essay

I wouldn't do something as lame as making up something so stupid on a video game forum. If you truly do clear it once a week you should be agreeing with me. S&V has a LOT of loot drops. TFB is trivial and quick, and again has a lot of loot drops. Refer to my bottom response.

8 weeks is a lot of time to get gear. I didn't ever say we were greed rolling on every single piece did I? I said certain pieces. As far as the mh goes last week we all had it in 1 of our runs, and yesterday 1 person just got it because they were the only one with a 69. We run S&V and TFB 1-2 times a week with our mains, and alts on 2-3 nights, this is plenty of time to get people geared, and its not the same people every time. We do this late at night after everyone is home from work, school, and has spent time with their families and have down time. If this constitutes to having no life then ok I guess we have no lives. I'm not trying to boast I'm simply saying the gearing process is exactly how it should be. What would the replay value be if you could get the best gear simply by running repeat flashpoints? You realize that you can only get the BiS enhancements through unassembled gear right? With the exception of some mods, and hilts. If the gearing process was faster than it is now EVEN MORE people would be complaining about lack of content. See things all the way through before suggesting them. /essay

Actually, i run ops every week with an avarage of 3 toons, and i still don't have a full set bonus for my main. RNG is a nightmare. I agree that set bonus armorings shouldn't be sold from a vendor, but there should be some other way to obtain then other than praying to the RNG gods. A quest that rewards an AC specific armoring would be great. Something like "Kill dread master styrak 3 times in SM". In 8 weeks i would have a 4 piece set bonus, considering that i only have 1 piece atm. That sounds reasonable enough, considering 2.2 is incoming along with a whole new gear grind

If you truly do clear it once a week you should be agreeing with me. S&V has a LOT of loot drops. TFB is trivial and quick, and again has a lot of loot drops.

What would the replay value be if you could get the best gear simply by running repeat flashpoints? You realize that you can only get the BiS enhancements through unassembled gear right? With the exception of some mods, and hilts. If the gearing process was faster than it is now EVEN MORE people would be complaining about lack of content. See things all the way through before suggesting them. /essay

5/12 Bosses drop Set Bonus Stuff, 7 if you include MH/OH. Add 1 more if you include TC. So...6/13 for Set bonus=46%...Less than half. We have 1 guildie with the 4 piece bonus and that's because he runs with 3 other Alts and had to trade pieces to get the set bonus. It is about 1.5-2 hours to complete an op on a smooth run, 10-15 minutes for TC. So, you spend roughly 20 hours a week in Ops if running 3 alts and a main. 4 toons in 8 weeks equates to 32 runs and 1 set bonus. Sounds like great odds to me:rolleyes:

Also, if that is not repeating Ops because there is a lack of content, I don't know what is. That's the problem because you currently have 3 venues to get set bonus stuff in which less than 50% of the Boss fights drop the gear combined with it being weekly. This game has plenty of content, but it forces over fixation on certain limited aspects.

Besides, I don't think they intended to have people running Ops on multiple toons to get 1 geared was intended, it's just a flaw in the system because of legacy gear. How many people would be B***hing if there wasn't legacy gear? A lot and probably that would include you too.

If you are doing the ops in a full guild run, consider allocating the arkanian/uw set pieces to those in key positions needing the 4 pieces bonus. The 4 piece bonus for some is pretty lack luster. While for some classes(ie. sentinel/guardian) the 4 piece bonus is a pretty good boost in dps, tank durability.

5/12 Bosses drop Set Bonus Stuff, 7 if you include MH/OH. Add 1 more if you include TC. So...6/13 for Set bonus=46%...Less than half. We have 1 guildie with the 4 piece bonus and that's because he runs with 3 other Alts and had to trade pieces to get the set bonus. It is about 1.5-2 hours to complete an op on a smooth run, 10-15 minutes for TC. So, you spend roughly 20 hours a week in Ops if running 3 alts and a main. 4 toons in 8 weeks equates to 32 runs and 1 set bonus. Sounds like great odds to me:rolleyes:

Also, if that is not repeating Ops because there is a lack of content, I don't know what is. That's the problem because you currently have 3 venues to get set bonus stuff in which less than 50% of the Boss fights drop the gear combined with it being weekly. This game has plenty of content, but it forces over fixation on certain limited aspects.

Besides, I don't think they intended to have people running Ops on multiple toons to get 1 geared was intended, it's just a flaw in the system because of legacy gear. How many people would be B***hing if there wasn't legacy gear? A lot and probably that would include you too.

5/12 drop set bonus gear, 12/12 drop unassembled gear. This is BiS gear ALONE. Throw the ability to run story modes on top of that.. there you go. You shouldn't be guaranteed set bonus gear, and this goes back to the "if you want the best gear, raid for it" argument. I'm not gonna keep pushing my views, but you should consider how ridiculously easy it would be to get geared completely with being able to buy set bonus armorings.

5/12 drop set bonus gear, 12/12 drop unassembled gear. This is BiS gear ALONE. Throw the ability to run story modes on top of that.. there you go. You shouldn't be guaranteed set bonus gear, and this goes back to the "if you want the best gear, raid for it" argument. I'm not gonna keep pushing my views, but you should consider how ridiculously easy it would be to get geared completely with being able to buy set bonus armorings.

Maybe in HM, but not in SM. Also, I never said buying them with comms, only a quest completing FULL RUNS by killing each boss however many times (2 or 3) would give a reward for completing the content without being completely at the whim of the RNG. That would hardly be game breaking in the least. This also answers your age old question if you want the gear raid for it because you HAVE TO RAID to get it (which I do agree with).

There is also an old thread out there that in the current state, it would take a dedicated 8 Man raid group with 2 Sentinels 52 weeks to completely optimize the group.

The OP (if I understand correctly)... is strictly referring to set bonus pieces. 69 and 72 (Black Market and Verpine) can be obtained pretty darned easy... but the process of praying and hoping you get lucky on /rolls to win Arkanian/Underworld can be a grind.

Also... many guilds/groups get butthurt when you roll for alts.

Then their guild needs a dkp system, or something that allows to people to get gear easier, instead of changing the game.

OP said they have a deep pool of people that can raid.... they could also divide into set teams that raid together.. .this WILL help gear people faster.

Edited by Thundergulch