Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Kellindell

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing about Full Auto / Unload (untested but should be true):

There's a talent for Mercs and Commandos that gives 1 ammo / vents 8 heat when you critically heat with it.

Full Auto only ticks three times while Unload ticks much more than that (I have both a Commando and a Powertech so I'm 100% sure of this). Meaning Unload should have a much higher chance to proc the talent's effect than Full Auto does.

Granted, the talent has a 3 seconds cooldown, but it's very possible to not get a single crit with Full Auto's 2-3 ticks whereas it's very unlikely with Unload.

EDIT: Apparently Unload is only faster with one blaster pistol. Since Mercs use two and Powertechs don't have this "heat vent on crit" talent, my argument is invalid.

Anyways, great post but obviously the devs won't fix anything of that (except the most blatant absurdities such as higher cooldowns and lower durations). Nor should we care, since the whole Republic will soon have switched to Empire... I guess.

Actually I don't think Bioware is directly responsible for this farce. Most likely it's the publisher, EA, that knew most people would roll Empire and asked Bioware to give them more attention (that goes especially for the storylines and visual stuff).

Of course they didn't think / care about the PvP repercussions of having such a huge faction imbalance in population.

Edited by Nales

The inquisitor knock back "overload" is faster and throws back farther than the consular ability. The consular knock back is so slow it takes about 1.5 seconds to go off. It's so annoying.

I completely forgot about that one, and it is ridiculous. Force Wave often just flat out misses, or knocks people in the wrong direction, or hits the wrong people because of the terrible delay on it.

Although I do agree with the majority of points in this thread, I'd like to call out one of the topics you mentioned (and if it's been corrected in the last few pages and I missed it, I apologize):

Regarding Full Auto (trooper) / Unload (bounty hunter). Unload frequently loses the extra tick even when only hit once, like full auto does, they seem to perfectly mirror each other. I've leveled a Trooper to 23 and a Bounty Hunter to 32, and have NOT noticed a difference between the two.

Even with talents that reduce the pushback while casting Unload by 70% on my Merc, yet without this talent on my Vanguard, they still both seem to lose a tick if I take any damage... or am I missing the point?

I believe the issue is more because the BH version gets its damage out faster from when you channel. SO when you are under pressure from damage a BH gets more damage out before suffering pushback.

You'd think that they would give the underdog faction all of these imbalances as incentives for people to play that faction.

Baffles me that they gave all of the incentives to the faction that they knew would already be overpopulated.

It baffles alot of people.

This is pathetic bioware, are you guys like *********** 12 years old?

Uncalled for.

Not only is it uncalled for, threads like this derail from the real issue, or get stuff locked or taken down.

If you genuinely care about the issue, you wont muddy up the waters with posts like this.

Also, lets just examine the irony of you making a post like this, and it containing the accusation of someone else acting like a 12 year old.

The inquisitor knock back "overload" is faster and throws back farther than the consular ability. The consular knock back is so slow it takes about 1.5 seconds to go off. It's so annoying.

Can someone please show me video proof of this? Ive played both and havent seen a difference myself.

op has a good point. i cant speak for other classes but i have both sin and a shadow and the difference between shock and project is significant to say the least. it may sound like a minor thing but trust me it is HUGE. not only is the dmg on project delayed it also feels like it takes way longer till u get of gcd and can use the next ability. this might be subjective as i have no mathematical evidence tho. bioware give me a freakin combat log ffs... seriously first mmo ever to not have a combat log, ru NUTS?

Wow this thread is so full of conspiracy theory and paranoia. And all because of what? Some slightly longer animations?

You people need to get back on the meds.

Good contribution. did you even attempt to read, or understand, the actual problems being discussed here? Or were you just sitting around, with that lame "meds" jab up your *** all day, and it was starting to crown?

Good contribution. did you even attempt to read, or understand, the actual problems being discussed here? Or were you just sitting around, with that lame "meds" jab up your *** all day, and it was starting to crown?

You bipolar or something? How many ways would you like me say it?

No developer is going to purposefully gimp a faction or a significant portion of their player base, thats just ignorant paranoia. Money drives development and being biased against your player base is bad for business.

But I am sure you don't care about anything but your own scathing wit as demonstrated by your lovely poop humor. Little things like logic and reality must bow down before your certainty that the developers are willfully shooting themselves in the foot and the wallet just to screw you over.

Good luck in all your endeavors man, you are going to need it.

No developer is going to purposefully gimp a faction or a significant portion of their player base, thats just ignorant paranoia. Money drives development and being biased against your player base is bad for business.

But I am sure you don't care about anything but your own scathing wit as demonstrated by your lovely poop humor. Little things like logic and reality must bow down before your certainty that the developers are willfully shooting themselves in the foot and the wallet just to screw you over.

Um, Funcom placed a 25% damage reduction penalty on all female characters. That was not just out right gimping but sexist too.

2 Things

FIX BLADE STORM ANIMATION. So tired of winding up then not doing the ability for no reason.

FIX PRECISION SLASH. Once again, tired of winding up and NOT DOING THE ABILITY.

I play a sentinel and the animation glitches are a killer.

As a note about Purple Crystals, to my knowledge there is actually no way for a Republic Character to obtain a Purple Crystal at this point in time. I could be ignorant, but as far as I know only Empire has any means of getting Purple. The Magenta Crystal recipes that drop are essentially pink.

Definitely not something I was pleased to learn.

Wow this thread is so full of conspiracy theory and paranoia. And all because of what? Some slightly longer animations?

You people need to get back on the meds.

No, its because this has happened in games before in the exact same fashion. And the "conspiracy theory" isnt because of the animations (which you obviously only half read or you wouldnt refer to as such making it sound like their is no actual difference in the skills themselves) its because the devs refuse to acknowledge it despite the overwhelming evidence and amount of posts about this. And they arent just on the PvP forums, if you go to the republic class forums, and look at alot of the threads entitled "Top X class issues" the ones specific to each class will be in their.

The fact that a month old game has mistakes isnt the problem, its the fact that people have been pointing this stuff out since beta and we havent gotten a response.

And I believe that is why so many people rolled sith. We ID'd the problems in beta, they didnt get recognized, and a bunch of min maxers thought "Well hey, we have seen this before, no point in rolling the unfavored faction and dealing with this garbage...GG SITH EMPIRE ALL THE WAY !"

Actually, it will kind of do the opposite. Since hardcore PvPers have the tendency to go for the "evil" faction in games, by buffing them in PvP and then adding one (and the devs said more in the future) same faction warzone, you essentially make it so the other faction is obsolete.

Sprinkle in a couple thousand people getting free battlemaster title, and they have now roped in an entire population of people.

As a note about Purple Crystals, to my knowledge there is actually no way for a Republic Character to obtain a Purple Crystal at this point in time. I could be ignorant, but as far as I know only Empire has any means of getting Purple. The Magenta Crystal recipes that drop are essentially pink.

Definitely not something I was pleased to learn.

Not only was it annoying to learn, what bothers me is the fact devs were posting in threads about having to find purple crystals and patterns to obtain purple lightsabers and how they intended it to be really hard and they wanted purple crystals to be the rarest in the game. They even made comments about how they love when players make threads like that to unravel the mysteries of the game and they get to watch.

The whole time a ton of Sith PvPers are running around their game with easily gained purple lightsabers.

That was one of the most laughable things ive seen happen.

Its like in a cartoon or a sitcom where someone is trash talking someone and they are standing right behind them and the guy says "He is standing right behind me isnt he?"