Hold the Line Available to all Troopers

ChaoticDynamite

Greatly needed (coming from a long time Tactics VG and CM Commando) and will be a welcome site to my commando along with the boosts in the Tactics line to get the bonuses for HtL. Commandos needed an escape and they got it, and honestly I'm not really quite sure this ability wasn't trooper wide to begin with.

So what do you think about this?

What do I think about this?

What do I think about this?

This is what I think about this.

DPS Commando might be viable for PvP again. Could have used badly a dmg buff, but considering that we haven't gotten nothing in many months, I'll take what I can get at this point.

We're getting that, too.

Edited by Bleeters

I used too occasionally run a hybrid Assault/Tactics spec just to get Hold the Line but it screwed up my damage too much so only used it for fun. Though I always missed not having HtL when I went back to a more standard Assualt Spec.

So for me it was the highlight of the patch notes.

Electro net looks good too and I'm curiuos how the new sheild mechanics work in warzones.

Edited by TrigPt

For everyone not tactics it is pretty cool. Kinda cheapens tactics and makes it even less desireable though unless they are doing something to fix it's damage.

For gunnery getting it... does it really help a ton? You still have to stand still to cast everything so while it is nice to be able to run away from something for 6 seconds you're still not doing any damage during this time. It is certainly nice to have but does it really make commando better in pvp? The net ability sounds cool though.

As assault spec though I will LOVE having htl. Except I'm going to have to do a major overhaul of my keybinds now lol.

assault vgs with immunity to stuns.. yay...

"Grants 8 seconds of immunity from all movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%."

Stuns aren't movement impairing effects, knockdowns or physics. They're, y'know, stuns.

"Grants 8 seconds of immunity from all movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%."

Stuns aren't movement impairing effects, knockdowns or physics. They're, y'know, stuns.

Funny...when mobs are granted immunity to "movement-impairing effects", my Cryo Grenade (four second stun) doesn't work on them. Hold the line doesn't do the same thing?

Funny...when mobs are granted immunity to "movement-impairing effects", my Cryo Grenade (four second stun) doesn't work on them. Hold the line doesn't do the same thing?

Nope, never has and the wording hasn't changed on it. So assuming it is exactly the same as it has always been. If that's the case then I'll just repost what I said on the PTS where someone else was confused about it....

Yeah, as said HTL does not give you immunity to cc or interupts. People usually misunderstand what it does when they first use it. It gives you immunity to knockbacks and other physic like cc. Means you won't get pushed, snared, rooted, or pulled. It does NOT mean you are immune to stun or mezz. So tread those fire pits lightly.

Also, the speed buff is like any other speed buff (aside from transcendence) in that it only gives you the buff while in combat. So if you hit it out of combat you won't be going 30% faster.

Edited by Keypek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
as being one of five (if that ) people that runs tactics on my server i don't like it. now it makes the tactics tree even more unappealing imo. wish they would have buffed tactics instead . but im ok with commandos getting it they need all they help they can get.

as being one of five (if that ) people that runs tactics on my server i don't like it. now it makes the tactics tree even more unappealing imo. wish they would have buffed tactics instead . but im ok with commandos getting it they need all they help they can get.

That's exactly how I feel Tactics just lost its appeal with HTL available to all troopers.