Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

More content, MORE BUGS !!! NO CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!

We had a raid group go to The Eeternity Vault on normal mode. We get to the 2nd boss fight with Gharj. In the gathering area and on the space ship, individuals or the whole group would just drop dead. No attack, no reason, just drop dead. After putting up with the running back, constantly, to fight the mob we finally kill it. Our logs show the kill, but weekly Galactic Operation quest DON'T UPDATE for several of our group.

How many times have you been in a warfront and been kicked out with no credit for a win or loss ?

How many times have you had to hit control U 2 times to free your hot keys ?

When have you as an individual gotten ANY kind of attention for customer service that solved your problem other than computer generated responses ? I get responses to questions I didn't even ask !

The big new deal was to only allow 50's to fight together in warfront. Some great mind at EA didn't seem to realize that MOST of the server population isn't lvl 50. A cross-server mix for warfront makes SO MUCH SENSE that most other MMO's do the cross-server for their PVP matches.

Most other games allow you to customize your UI. But EA decided they knew what was best for us and we have to take it.

When I had a problem in most of the other MMO's I have played, be it lost item, no quest update or some other problem, if it didn't get taken care of that day, I would log in and my quest would be updated or the loot problem solved.

The ONLY thing EA seems to care about is the DOLLARS we as players give them. To heck with our problem, just keep the money coming !!

It looks like EA has contracted out the service side to someone that has no idea what customer service is about.

This game reminds me of Vanguard. It was one of the best MMO's around. But the bugs and poor service eventually caused it to loose it's player base and where is Vanguard now ?

If EA doesn't do something to show it cares about the individual customer and start making FIXES instead of new bug filled content, no matter how good the game plays for 15 minutes, you will see people leaving in droves.

WHEN a new MMO comes out that shows that the individual player does count, I am gone.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FULLY AGREE! This must have been to most stupid change Ive ever seen in a mmorpg! Changing something that works perfectly fine to something FAR worse!

Before the change you could see EXACTLY when a ability was about to come off CD and now you cant anymore. This change is mindboggeling and just blew my mind!

Get a grip

I am lending my support. I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I didn't even notice a difference until I remembered that the UI had supposedly changed after the patch, and I was immediately attacked and called a "legendary bad" even though I have everything hotkeyed.

Maybe my eyesight is just that much better, or perhaps as a player who is very hotkey-obsessive I need only to glance at the button to discern the little blue cooldown shadow, but to say this issue is game-breaking is hyperbole at its worst.

I'm certainly not opposed to them switching it back to the old way, but people need to stop overreacting to the most minor of issues.

I think there's a couple of things influencing how noticable it is.

1. Number of CDs a class/spec has to monitor - some classes have 11 CDs going at once in all fights and need to know when all come off.

2. Icon contrast, it's easier to see the blue line on some icons than on others, so it'll be easier to see for some classes than others.

However there's absolutely no way I can constantly monitor 11 CDs anything like as well with the new system as the old, nor know exactly when some abilities are off CD (they look like they are but actually 7+ seconds left - 7 seconds is an age in some circumstances).

I'm certainly not opposed to them switching it back to the old way, but people need to stop overreacting to the most minor of issues.

Blue indicator of remaining CD time on abilities that use blue icons is minor?

Image: http://imageshack.us/f/696/cdforcestasis.jpg/

I beg of you to put yourself in my shoes. You play on a 52" television from your couch at 1920x1080 resolution. All you do is PvP and the new CD indicator is blue. Nine of your nineteen binded abilities icons are blue.

Out of those nine, seven have a CD after use. Seven of your abilities now are using a blue line as a CD indicator on blue icons. Can you see now how this isnt minor?

I agree. I could have sworn they had bugged some skills. It turns out that when the bar is low, almost close to be useable, you can't tell is not available yet. In the heat of the battle you keep seeing this option as available when it isn't. "What is wrong??? Why I click on it and doesn't do anything???" At one point I thought they had made choke hold dependent on rage or something.

You can leave the drop effect, but don't light up the icon until is ready.

I totally agree that it is quite difficult to see the timing on the cooldowns, now in heavy battle I find myself hitting what looks to be ready to only find out I get no action, so I try to hit anything to get off some damage. My rotation methods are now like playing hide and go seek.

I totally agree that it is quite difficult to see the timing on the cooldowns, now in heavy battle I find myself hitting what looks to be ready to only find out I get no action, so I try to hit anything to get off some damage. My rotation methods are now like playing hide and go seek.

Yup it's nightmareish now, if you think you've acitived an ability that another ability chains off, only to realise too late that there was actually a few seconds on the first abilities CD.

They've really got to sort this out, SWTOR is such a CD dependant game to start with compared to most MMORPGs.

Blue indicator of remaining CD time on abilities that use blue icons is minor?

Image: http://imageshack.us/f/696/cdforcestasis.jpg/

I beg of you to put yourself in my shoes. You play on a 52" television from your couch at 1920x1080 resolution. All you do is PvP and the new CD indicator is blue. Nine of your nineteen binded abilities icons are blue.

Out of those nine, seven have a CD after use. Seven of your abilities now are using a blue line as a CD indicator on blue icons. Can you see now how this isnt minor?

All right, from your perspective I can see how it can be an issue. Perhaps this is more of a class-based thing, as I do not have a high level Jedi among my characters and didn't realize how many blue-colored icons you guys have. I also don't play on as large a screen as you do (I have a 24" monitor at 1920x1200).

Having said that, I have a Juggernaut, a Scoundrel and a Bounty Hunter, and I had to think really hard to remember what the icons looked like on cooldown prior to patch 1.1. There's a lot more red, green and yellow on the palettes of their skills; that may explain why the change didn't catch my attention.

All right, from your perspective I can see how it can be an issue.

Thank you, i seriously needed this. Im beginning to give up all hope that a Quality Assurance individual at BioWare wont see and acknowledge this issue.

why can we not have simple "numerical" cooldown indicators? Seeing exactly how many seconds are left on a cooldown is infinitely better than trying to guess by watching some vague colored line move downwards on the icon. There is a reason why Cooldown Timers was and continues to be one of the most downloaded WoW addons of all time. Edited by Amonet

This change was super useful for abilities with requirements such as rail shot or retaliation. When they were on the GCD they showed as grey even when they could be activated. This made it very difficult to see if they could be used after the GCD expired as they only flashed momentarily when all abilities were off GCD. So for these abilities it is a welcome change.

HOWEVER, other abilities that are on a regular CD now show as lit up when the CD is mostly but not fully finished, this is bad as it makes it hard to tell what can and cannot be casted.

The solution is simple. Make abilities on the GCD show as lit up, abilities on their own cooldown show as greyed out still. Simple and fixes everything.

Their goal was to make it so that abilities that CAN be casted after the GCD is up show as lit. Abilities that are still on their own CD do not fall into this category and should show as fully greyed out, it is far too difficult to see the tiny slice of grey at the bottom of the ability that shows it still has seconds of CD remaining.

agree on this 100%, was pretty good for my doing in pvp on my bh, but now with this ui change i keep spamming skilsl who are on cd.... I appreciate the effort BW is doing in it and it isn't a really big deal with example Empire Fleet Pass, but pelase let people just have a optio nto chose between the current adn the 1.01 ui-stuff...

In patch 1.1 the overlay on your abilities which showed when they were available to use or not was changed to an overlay that goes down to the bottom of the icon as it's cooldown comes up, but because the icon isn't "greyed out" anymore, a lot of the time it looks like you can click an ability that is on cooldown and use it, but you can't.

As a Jedi Sentinel I already spent half my time staring at all my cooldowns but now with this it's more like 99% of the time spent staring at my bars trying to decipher my next move because I can't just clearly see what is on cooldown or what is not, it's awful. 

We want this change reverted to the way it was, which was PERFECTLY FINE. Why you even felt the need to change it in the first place is beyond me. I hope bioware don't think this is what we were talking about with regard to "ability delay", because that is a completely separate issue and the visual indications of when an ability is on cooldown or not had nothing to do with it, so in the end I really can't fathom why they changed it.

CHANGE IT BACK! I can't play like this -.-

Quote from some guy that puts it pretty succintly:

While I disagree that the game is now "unplayable," I do agree with the rest of the OP.

If ain't broke, don't fix it?