Don't hold any hopes on bioware fixing Republic disadvantages

Redsuns_

all i hear is "whaaawhaaa i cant win so nerf the other side whaaahwaaaah" want a cookie and a paper towel to dry those eyes?

"Make us identical by bringing our side up to par" is not at all "nerf the other side."

It's not a good thing when in every case where there's a discrepancy, the discrepancy favors the same side consistently over the other. It's a silly thing to oppose. Balance is not a bad thing.

I don't understand, though. We've got half of the community here complaining without end that the game is doomed, and the other half feverishly trying to justify that there are no problems. Maybe we can meet in the middle, and acknowledge that the game has problems, and maybe resolve to see them fixed instead of firmly placing ourselves between the status quo and an improved future product?

Edited by Backbones

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let me make things clear to the people who cannot grasp the issue

Example A

Skill A = 1 second cast time

Skill A animation = 1 second

Animation + skill = 2 seconds

So instead of overlapping giving u animation + skill = 1 second (together)

They dont flow, they run apart. cast bar starts, halfway through you character start the animation, even when the cast bar is done your character is skill casting.

"So move after cast bar is done!!"

Well this is not the case. your infact rooted until the animation completes or you loose the skill dmg.

Example B

Instant cast skills having animations that root you in place until the animation has finished.

Smugglers dirty kick or example. Watching the beta videos you can clearly see a smuggler in pvp use dirty kick on the run. This shows that bioware have changed it to be a cast animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2s4laFfdqM

This video shows a jedi with the stutter delay causing the insta skill to have a animation time (rooted)

The perfect video to show the insta skill issue...enjoy

This video shows the skill bar full yet the skill (mount) hasnt been used or mounted. so a 1 second skill becomes a 2 second skill.

If any1 doubts this evidence please google/youtube and have fun.

Edited by peaceandpassion

If you're going to whine over a 0.4 second gap in just a few abilities, I'd suggest going back to fraggin' noobs on your console shooters.

Someone puts a gun to your head and says "You have 0.4 seconds to move your head."

LOL, 0.4 seconds doesn't matter right?

If you're going to whine over a 0.4 second gap in just a few abilities, I'd suggest going back to fraggin' noobs on your console shooters.

While you wait for 0.4s I have time to send you heat seeking missiles on your *** so I just used 2 abilities that cause you 2x 2000 dmg while you just hit me with one that cause 2000 dmg... see the difference ??

I wish fanboys were banned for just 2 days. The communication with the developers would be so smooth and fast instead of trying to find the useful posts in this troll jungle. 0.4 matters. Stop being an ***. Really. Do not post. Please.

If you think this is the best way to talk to the devs then you haven't played games near long enough. Go into the game and report your problem, not here. Although we all know SOMEONE reads these forums, it would be impossible, not to mention maddening, to take advice from flamers on these forums.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing on these forums is anything but rant, rant, and more rant about people getting killed and the injustice of it all. QQ'ing is prevelant here versus submitting a bug report.

The last three reports I submitted about these problems came back with a droid response basically saying, "Hey, we know about this problem!!" and closed my ticket.

I think this is a server issue, because on my server the rep side is alive and kicking and on illum have been steamrolling. I'm speaking of population imbalance of course.

What server are you on? Not saying I don't believe it, but it seems highly unlikely.

The worst one is Death from Above vs Mortar. Damn Mortar gives 1.5 seconds to interrupt before any damage fires off. Death from above fires 2-3 times in that same amount of time. Balls to that, it's completely unnecessary for animations to have that kind of effect.

In my whole experience of playing mmorpgs, i have almost never seen devs actually fixing any faction unfairness. Most are set in stone in design. They don't care a damm if A skill is faster than B or A zone is easier than B zone. All these are on the LOWEST priority. Even bioware has said Project issue is on low priority which they will look into IN THE FUTURE.

Judging by the huge amt of bugs and improvements that need to be done in swtor, its going to be a long long wait.

All republic players should just quit and stop being the step child of bioware and playthings for the empire.

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But if you never win and never quit, then you're an idiot."

Really, there are less than 1000 people that design these games right? If a MILLION people are plaing SWTOR right now, what are the chances that you have enough "experience of playing mmorpgs" than the people trying to fix them.

You are just tired of getting your butt kicked, admit it. Jawa up.

While you wait for 0.4s I have time to send you heat seeking missiles on your *** so I just used 2 abilities that cause you 2x 2000 dmg while you just hit me with one that cause 2000 dmg... see the difference ??

How? There's a GCD.

I rolled rep, soon as I got on the server I saw little kiddies saying things with LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at the end of everything, the word noob being spammed and basic kiddicrap within 2 minutes of being in the game for the first time. Not one person, but the chat was flooded with it.

I thought sod this, if this factions going to be full with little brats like this, I expect all they will do is whine all day.

I rerolled emp and man, what a difference. Polite people directing others where to go, helpful people and a decent chat.

My first warzone, I see rep kiddies spitting on others all over. Not seen it once from Emp.

Come to the forums, what do I see? Rep whining over silly little things. I guarantee there's stuff on emp where their in the same boat, but they decide to get on with the game rather than throw their toys out the pram and cry.

If there wasn't such a thing as GCDs, server delay, client delay and what not, then there might be an issue. If you wasn't so biased and thought everything revolved around you and how it's "only" your side that has certain issues, then there might be an issue. But thankfully, both aren't the case so there isn't. Period. Nuff said.

Here's a fix for people like you:

Logout of the game

Delete your toons, all of them

Uninstall the game

Go play WoW (because factions are exactly equal over there.)

You're welcome.

Your posts are like flashbangs packed with concencrated dumb.

So...your solution to the assumed 'mirrors' being imbalanced is to just have anyone who doesn't like it quit? Rather than, say, the devs actually balancing their damn game?

Man...this community. I just don't know anymore.

The OP is claiming systemic neglect is apparent in the Republic faction's design.

If you think a one second animation on one skill isn't a laughably pathetic example, then you're as stupid as he is.

You are totally missing the point.

These classes are supposed to be mirrors. But they aren't. The differences may be minor, but they *are* there, and even a 5% dps difference is going to make the min/maxers switch over.

I play Imp. I would like this game to be balanced.

Why is everyone so against balance? Why is everyone so obnoxious about it ("Lol you suck your side deserves to be broken?").

OMG that really is devastatingly game-destroying! What a massive, unbalancing inequality!!! A whole second! One one whole skill?! Used by an entire class?! The hell you say!

:rolleyes:

Guessing you play empire. And yes 1 sec can make a huge difference. 1 extra second to catch up to get in range of the huttball carrier before he gets over the line. An extra second to get away.

The number of times 1 second makes a huge difference is phenominal in a game where gcd is 1.5 seconds. Enemy hits stealth before your project animation finishes... too bad they get away, not a problem for people using shock.

Think before you type. 1 second in pvp matters. Imagine if Empire had 1 second delays on say their heal spells working... it makes a big difference.

sorry 1 sec yes .4 nope doesn't matter GCD is 1.5 I believe and I think grav round is much better than tracer missle. when you are using traver missle you make your self much more of a target than when you are using grav round.