Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone

It's probably been debated to death already, but I really feel the Bounty Hunter and especially the Powertech should be able to use a Blaster Rifle. Boba Fett used one, and he is the most iconic BH in Starwars. It really doesn't make sense that we are limited to pistols :confused:

To add insult to injury, I had a blue blaster rifle drop on Hutta today with +aim on it which I couldn't equip :confused:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I would like, if nothing else, an answer as to why Powertechs are given a single pistol instead of a blaster rifle. Every time I watch my powertech unload on something I just think "Man, this would look so much cooler if it were a rifle" since it's the mercenaries who use akimbo pistols.

Edit: Upon further reflection the conclusion I reached is that blaster rifles require 2 hands and you can't put a shield generator in your offhand if you use a rifle.

Edited by FastEddieLB
Additional thoughts

The answer is because we're tanks. Tanks would look damn silly pointing a rifle at someone 2 feet in front of them. Want a rifle you should go sniper...

...AND , we already have a weapon in our other hand, it's just strapped to our wrist.

Z

Edited by ZNICK

The answer is because we're tanks. Tanks would look damn silly pointing a rifle at someone 2 feet in front of them. Want a rifle you should go sniper...

...AND , we already have a weapon in our other hand, it's just strapped to our wrist.

Z

yeah vanguards aren't tanks.

Edit: Upon further reflection the conclusion I reached is that blaster rifles require 2 hands and you can't put a shield generator in your offhand if you use a rifle.

They could make a shield generator slot for PTs so that we could use both hands on a rifle

They could make a shield generator slot for PTs so that we could use both hands on a rifle

That's a good idea! On the flip side, just make blaster rifles one-handed if they aren't already (from a game mechanics perspective) because only certain advanced classes can use them anyway and none of them dual-wield.

Edited by FastEddieLB

If that happens, not only will Smugglers demand rifles and Troopers demand pistols, but Bioware will have to give both to everyone, because otherwise there will always be someone complaining about having less choices. Smuggler rifles, imperial agents with pistols, do we really want to see that?

Better not to begin that mess, things are good enough they way they are.

Edited by Decembrist

The Bounty Hunter counterpart is actually the trooper so it might be less fair to them, since BH gets a choice of one pistol or two, and troopers get a choice of blaster rifle or massive cannon.

I knew someone would post this. Troopers and BH share abilities, armor, and both use aim. Smugglers and BH share share weapon choice and both work for there fraction and not apart. Like troopers and imp. agents are both military, and the different AC use different weapons. my guess is bioware did this so the fraction mirror didn't make the non force users fell the exact same. So BH and smugglers both use pistols. So if we get rifles then smugglers need a second weapon choice. That is why we can't use blaster rifle and never will till smugglers single wield AC gets a new weapon choice. Blaster rifles just don't fit smugglers at all.

I knew someone would post this. Troopers and BH share abilities, armor, and both use aim. Smugglers and BH share share weapon choice and both work for there fraction and not apart. Like troopers and imp. agents are both military, and the different AC use different weapons. my guess is bioware did this so the fraction mirror didn't make the non force users fell the exact same. So BH and smugglers both use pistols. So if we get rifles then smugglers need a second weapon choice. That is why we can't use blaster rifle and never will till smugglers single wield AC gets a new weapon choice. Blaster rifles just don't fit smugglers at all.

Life isn't fair, there is no reason why because BH's get something cosmetic (we are not talking about a gameplay advantage here), Smugglers should get the same treatment. By your logic Jedi Guardians should have access to the Darth Vader-like masks and black armour just because Sith Warriors do.

In the movies you see smugglers using Pistols. Thus in TOR they use pistols...In the movies you see Bounty Hunters using Blaster Rifles and Pistols. Thus in TOR they should be able to equip Blaster Rifles and Pistols.

If that happens, not only will Smugglers demand rifles and Troopers demand pistols, but Bioware will have to give both to everyone, because otherwise there will always be someone complaining about having less choices. Smuggler rifles, imperial agents with pistols, do we really want to see that?

That sounds like a good thing tbqh. Feels silly that weapon choices are so absurdly restricted in this game.

Can I point out that in the movies, Han Solo used a rifle(though not well) during the escape from the death star with princess leia. In the role playing games, smugglers are not able to use rifles, no big loss here. Bounty hunters however were using rifles a great deal in the movies. In the scene that shows all the bounty hunters on the star destoyer, all of them are packing rifles.

Life isn't fair, there is no reason why because BH's get something cosmetic (we are not talking about a gameplay advantage here), Smugglers should get the same treatment. By your logic Jedi Guardians should have access to the Darth Vader-like masks and black armour just because Sith Warriors do.

In the movies you see smugglers using Pistols. Thus in TOR they use pistols...In the movies you see Bounty Hunters using Blaster Rifles and Pistols. Thus in TOR they should be able to equip Blaster Rifles and Pistols.

You are right life isn't fair and we can't use rifles. Not a good argument. Vador could kill with force choke sith warriors can only stun. Jedis in the movies could block 100% of blaster fire. We will never do all of want we see in the movies. And we don't need to use all weapons either the.different weapon choices make the classes look different.

oh...

OK almost 100% LOL forgot about that. He was a noon scrub of a Jedi. But the point of that is the BH with a PISTOL was able to get him with a pistol not a rifle. Which is why I see that Bioware chose them. I don't agree with I just don't feel like a tank with one. Just feels odd that we don't have a hidden or wrist mounted one for powertech at least. Just holding a single pistol is odd and doesn't fell natural to me for a prolonged fight.

It's like fear my little pistol and attack me and not the long light saber that can melt blast proof doors and cut men in half. Or that big *** sniper rifle that can kill with one shot. I mean I understand for balance and can see the iconic scenes from the movies.

Now then scene from the movies I was thinking was obi wan and qui-gon vs the droids. You know jedis they used to base the classes. Not some random Jedi that dies. But that is just my opinion.

Can I point out that in the movies, Han Solo used a rifle(though not well) during the escape from the death star with princess leia. In the role playing games, smugglers are not able to use rifles, no big loss here. Bounty hunters however were using rifles a great deal in the movies. In the scene that shows all the bounty hunters on the star destoyer, all of them are packing rifles.

My point exactly. Even through BH's get tons of hidden weapons build in the armor, it would just be very nice if we could actually use the same main weapon as most of the BH's in the movies.:)

most of the gear is already itemized for those classes, there are blaster rifles and auto cannons with aim, there are blaster pistols with cunning. no reason why they couldn't be given to the respective side that doesn't have them (BH-br, ac; trooper-bp, smuggler-bf, IA-br)