Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

- Results from APAC/USA Server Comparison -

Hi guys,

Just to quickly recap, on Saturday 2nd November I played for 18 hours (2pm-11pm local time) with 9 hours dedicated to Master Dar'Nala and The Bastion respectively. Identical characters, playing only Warzones.

At the head of each hour I took notes on populations on each planet from the Republic Faction, as well as the number of LVL50's logged in. Here is a link to the spreadsheet with those results, including % differences from the highest total.

http://boughenpix.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Comparison.pdf

Here are the Warzone Statistics...

In 9 hours of playing Warzones :sy_darkside:

Master Dar'Nala: Reached LVL 12, played 17 Warzones :sy_darkside:

The Bastion: Reached LVL 14, played 32 Warzones

On Master Dar'Nala that meant a pop of 1.8 games per hour. We could not even manage to get 2 warzones an hour.

On The Bastion that meant a pop of 3.5 games per hour.

If your average Warzone lasts 15 minutes, that means that each hour:

Master Dar'Nala: 33 minutes spent waiting in the Que each hour

The Bastion: 7.5 minutes spent waiting in the Que each hour

Over half of each hour spent waiting for a pop.

Thanks for all the support guys. These numbers are terrible, we all know how hard it is to play on the APAC servers, this just proves it.

Link to it - use the stats as you will and let's try and get BioWare to do something about this. My hope is for a server merge. The community on APAC has a real sense of character, fun and friendliness and, obviously, there is significant server lag if you want to play on a US server. It makes it that much more difficult.

Cheers all!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Results from APAC/USA Server Comparison -

Hi guys,

Just to quickly recap, on Saturday 2nd November I played for 18 hours (2pm-11pm local time) with 9 hours dedicated to Master Dar'Nala and The Bastion respectively. Identical characters, playing only Warzones.

At the head of each hour I took notes on populations on each planet from the Republic Faction, as well as the number of LVL50's logged in. Here is a link to the spreadsheet with those results, including % differences from the highest total.

http://boughenpix.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Comparison.pdfThank you very much for your dedication.... :(

Here are the Warzone Statistics...

In 9 hours of playing Warzones :sy_darkside:

Master Dar'Nala: Reached LVL 12, played 17 Warzones :sy_darkside:

The Bastion: Reached LVL 14, played 32 Warzones

On Master Dar'Nala that meant a pop of 1.8 games per hour. We could not even manage to get 2 warzones an hour.

On The Bastion that meant a pop of 3.5 games per hour.

If your average Warzone lasts 15 minutes, that means that each hour:

Master Dar'Nala: 33 minutes spent waiting in the Que each hour

The Bastion: 7.5 minutes spent waiting in the Que each hour

Over half of each hour spent waiting for a pop.

Thanks for all the support guys. These numbers are terrible, we all know how hard it is to play on the APAC servers, this just proves it.

Link to it - use the stats as you will and let's try and get BioWare to do something about this. My hope is for a server merge. The community on APAC has a real sense of character, fun and friendliness and, obviously, there is significant server lag if you want to play on a US server. It makes it that much more difficult.

Cheers all!

Thank you very much for your dedication...the results are not unexpected :(

Thanks for your amazing dedication, providing solid data to support the cause for a solution to the APAC population issue is very much appreciated.

I just hope that we get the server mergers to single APAC super server very soon.

It's a nice idea

..but don't hold your breath.

Thanks for your amazing dedication, providing solid data to support the cause for a solution to the APAC population issue is very much appreciated.

I just hope that we get the server mergers to single APAC super server very soon.

It's simple Sil... merge to one server APAC survives and perhaps with f2p even flourishes...allow transfers outside APAC and it dies.

The only people who should be allowed actual transfers should be RPs... IMHO... pvp and pve can live side by side... i'm happy to flag myself and get killed by anyone who wants a shot

**** this ****, ive been keeping this to my self for a ges, its time you guys knew, i GOT A TRANSFER off gav daragon to dalborra, all i had to do is call them nicely and ask them, persistence payed off for me only took 3 phonecalls every day for 3 days

So Bioware, what makes this guy to special to get a transfer that the rest of us have been asking for?

All my friends left this game telling me its a sinking ship, i stayed on, telling them they were wrong.... till recently when u ignore ur customers and a whole region, guess im the one who was dumb.

have toons on the pvp server....was prime time tonight with 20 ppl on the fleet rofl...When paid transfers are up im definetly moving back to the US servers. the APAC region doesnt have the population to keep the servers alive :/. Wish I never moved to the APAC servers because half my toons werent able to be transferred anyway.

Already stated to a few guildies/friend i've had enough of this crap, and have planned to pull the plug on this game if something major doesn't happen b4 Xmas, just waiting to hit my 12mth mark and im gone without any plans to return.

Im done with MMOs the only game to hold my attention died last year Rip SWG, stuff SWGEmu as i only ever played during the NGE. I played WoW for 2 months prior to this game and it bored me to tears, but was a diversion.

So BW/EA thanks for killing this game with your LACK OF COMMUNICATION and CRAP CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Edited by Esno

I get that they are busy with F2P. They have to have it ironed out before people put money in the system and they lose control. Especially with players on the test server failing to inform people of player advantage bugs like the heal and stim (around since beta).

But waiting for F2P to go through before telling us anything is just another shadow on the game. Between transfers off of Gav Daragon (Snivy above is only one of MANY) and people rage-quitting just fed up with the lack of population, this and the lack of communication from Bioware Developers and customer support has made the game darker and more oppressive when it should be fun and relaxing if EA want us to keep paying for it as entertainment.

I am sure we are ignorant of the factors that go into deciding on mergers of servers and the metrics and feedback they have to weighed to maintain the game as profitable for the efforts of the workers to accomplish this. In no way should it be a rushed decision. But we live in a world of politicians telling us they are looking into things and never doing such. We are media trained to despise this behaviour. It is literally better to lie to us and regularly tell us progress is being made on options to resolve the issue, even if that progress is just working through F2P to free up the personnel to address it.

I get that they are busy with F2P. They have to have it ironed out before people put money in the system and they lose control. Especially with players on the test server failing to inform people of player advantage bugs like the heal and stim (around since beta).

But waiting for F2P to go through before telling us anything is just another shadow on the game. Between transfers off of Gav Daragon (Snivy above is only one of MANY) and people rage-quitting just fed up with the lack of population, this and the lack of communication from Bioware Developers and customer support has made the game darker and more oppressive when it should be fun and relaxing if EA want us to keep paying for it as entertainment.

I am sure we are ignorant of the factors that go into deciding on mergers of servers and the metrics and feedback they have to weighed to maintain the game as profitable for the efforts of the workers to accomplish this. In no way should it be a rushed decision. But we live in a world of politicians telling us they are looking into things and never doing such. We are media trained to despise this behaviour. It is literally better to lie to us and regularly tell us progress is being made on options to resolve the issue, even if that progress is just working through F2P to free up the personnel to address it.

Maybe so but in almost 2 months they have told us nothing other than....."they are looking into it", well what have they found other than silence to the APAC comunity.

All we want is COMMUNICATION!!! and preferably FREE Transfers to where ever they decide to send us, if back to the US servers all i can say is BYE BYE!!, MERGE all 3 APAC servers and we will have a healthy population and i will stick around.

Edited by Esno

I decided Harbinger is where I will move all toons to once they open the transfers after F2P even with the merge of all 3 Oceanic servers it's just not going to be as good as people are thinking.

Maybe because so many people bailed off the servers in the first place. /sigh.

i have said all along that they are gonna have to force us back to the U.S. servers but it seems most people will quit before going back to the U.S. servers but to be honest its the easier solution to put us back on the U.S. servers

Seriously? 170-190 would easily tide me over until F2P brings in more people. More people will be more inclined to stay also when the note the larger communities. Empty servers don't bring in more players, so essentially you're just shooting yourself in the foot when you pretty much proclaim that our only saving grace is going back to US servers. We have a chance, WHY IN THE NAME OF **** AREN'T YOU TAKING THAT CHANCE!?

i have said all along that they are gonna have to force us back to the U.S. servers but it seems most people will quit before going back to the U.S. servers but to be honest its the easier solution to put us back on the U.S. servers

I won't be giving up my 25 ms latency. That's why I'm playing this game and not some other game. If they take it away then there's nothing keeping me here.