Q Artifice, crafting lightsaber

Jeyle

Hello everyone, nice to meet you. My first time playing this game and it's very fun so far! Now I know it's fun, but I want to have even more fun! So I started to look into Crew Skill, Artifice. I've been crafting crystals, hilts and modifications. So far so good! I know where the modification station is too and I think I know how to modify my lightsaber.

But how do I craft a lightsaber from scratch?

I've been looking for tutorials and guides everywhere since a day before yesterday. No answers and more questions came up. Maybe I am just terrible at looking for information :o Final resort is to ask here and I am hoping someone can help me out.

Q1) What is crystal imbuing? I read something about meditating. Do I meditate on crystal? Then how?

Q2) I saw a tutorial for forging lightsaber for Jedi, but I am Sith. So do we get our own forge? Then where is it?

Q3) If there's no forge, how are all people crafting lightsabers? Also, what kind of items do I need other than hilt, crystal and mods?

Q4) This is just a guess. I started to wonder, maybe there is no way to make a lightsaber from scratch. Maybe you get a lightsaber from drop or missions, then keep modifying. Am I wrong or right?

It's not only about Artifice, but there are so much things I can't find out about SWTOR by searching online. I wish there are Absolute Manual Guide. Then I don't have to waste 2 days to find few answers. Sorry for the noob like questions and long post. Thank you for reading!

First of all, have you finished the storyline of your starter plant? Because you get your first lightsaber at the end of that.

1) Crystal imbuing exists in the lore. In the Star Wars Universe, Jedi meditate to create their lightsaber crystal. However this does not apply to SWTOR.

2) In SWTOR, Jedi forge their lightsaber themselves, but Sith are given a lightsaber. I'm not entirely sure on this as it's been a long time since I've played all the story lines. I'm pretty sure though that as a Sith you don't forge your own lightsaber, you're given one.

3) Most Lightsabers drop from mobs or are quest rewards. Some lightsabers can be crafted with Artifice, those are called Custom Build (Doublebladed) Lightsabers and Elegant Custom Builded (Doublebladed) Lightsabers. I know the elegant version is Level 50, I don't know about the 'normal' one. There's also other Lightsabers, like Zez-Kai-Ell's Lightsaber. (I've only ever levelled one republic Artificer far enough, so I don't know what they're called for Imp Toons.)

4) That is correct, you'll get lightsabers mostly from drops and quests and then keep modding them.

Edited by JordanBlake

I know where the modification station is too and I think I know how to modify my lightsaber.

Mod stations aren't needed. (They are a holdover from beta.) To mod an orange item, just CTRL+Right Click on the item.

Q2) I saw a tutorial for forging lightsaber for Jedi, but I am Sith. So do we get our own forge? Then where is it?

Doesn't matter. Both sides use the same crew skills to make items.

Q4) This is just a guess. I started to wonder, maybe there is no way to make a lightsaber from scratch. Maybe you get a lightsaber from drop or missions, then keep modifying. Am I wrong or right?

You are right. Or you can buy unmodded oranges from the GTN and put in your own mods. You should have gotten an orange while on Korriban.

2) In SWTOR, Jedi forge their lightsaber themselves, but Sith are given a lightsaber. I'm not entirely sure on this as it's been a long time since I've played all the story lines. I'm pretty sure though that as a Sith you don't forge your own lightsaber, you're given one.

The Inquisitor receives the lightsaber as a gift. The Warrior gets one as a quest objective.

(Kind of a letdown, IMO. The Jedi versions of building their lightsabers is one of the early Really Cool Bits of the game.)

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my questions! I am happy to finally get the right answers. I am level 13 right now but I didn't know my first lightsaber from mission was an orange item AND I didn't know orange was the rarest :(

Also, if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask ingame or on the forums. There's no such thing as 'noob' questions. Seriously, we've all been there.

Thank you for your kind words. Some people answers to same questions, so I didn't want to be one of that repeated questions. But I think I ended up doing it :( At least I'm glad to know there are nice people, such as people answered my questions here, in this community.

Now I know what to do with my lightsaber! I will work hard and have fun :D Thank you so much for your help and I want you all to know how much I appreciate this =)

Also, if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask ingame or on the forums. There's no such thing as 'noob' questions. Seriously, we've all been there.

Gonna have to disagree with you on one point. The only noob question in existence is, "Where is the any key?" Which has only one legitimate reply, "That's alt & f4, but you gotta hit them at the same time, or else it doesn't work."

There aren't many lightsaber schematics. The orange "custom lightsaber" schematic is so common you can buy one for pennies on the Galactic trade network. Buy that, craft your own, then use planetary commendation vendors for the mod, and your own crafting for the hilt and color crystal.

<snip> my first lightsaber from mission was an orange item AND I didn't know orange was the rarest :(

Actually, they're not that rare. As you play more, you'll see them as random loot drops, and while I'm not certain you get any schematics from the trainer for them, I believe I have several different Orange light saber schematics on my Artifice toon. Schematics are dropped as a "bonus" for crit crafting so you may get them eventually (probably plenty cheap to simply buy the schematics off the GTN, as well).

You can craft a lightsaber from scratch. You get schematics from sending your companions on treasure hunting missions (its a crew skill). Also you can buy 3 separate schematics from the crew skills vendor when you get to about 380 or 400 in artifice (i can't remember), although these are high lvl blades and you probably can't use them until you're 50.