Yes. I want WOW with Wookies and Lightsabers.

Chosenxeno

I want this game to be more like Guitar hero, it makes sense people, do not be blind fools for not seeing this!!!!!!!!

Since we are out in the open, can we put Chuck Norris and ponies too? I really like those things, and I think everybody in here should like what I prefer.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW is awful, it's just the only monthly pay MMO that had any longevity from 2004 till now. It does not have depth that's absolute rubbish and it was ruined by add ons, macros and the like, although they are only a minor reason as to why it went downhill, the main points were horrific story lines and quests, terrible look and feel and a complete lack of variation.

I don't want it's Quests. I want it's bells and Whistles. Macros and addons have never moved me out of fire btw. I did that on my own.

Edited by Chosenxeno

I was told this game was WoW + better story + better crafting + no grinding. It is WoW - customization - end game - addons - good pvp - arena - LFD + space combat + voice overs... That's all.

Honestly, the best review I've seen for SWTOR yet. Nailed it in like two sentences.

Brevity is an art form.

Ask WoW to introduce lightsabers for elves.

How simple but the best solution offered here.

You wan't WoW with lightsabres. So why not cry on WoW forums for it OP? This will be much easier solutiong for everybody.

PS: can someone enlighten me on how to rate a thread? Send this precious info via PM if you think it's better to keep it away from community :p

If you wanna play WoW, then play WoW.

Its as simple as that.

I have a feeling that a lot of people are burned out of World of Warcraft;s setting. It's not that they dislike the gameplay. Most probably still love the game play; it's very polished and responsive and the dev's have done a good job over the years of keeping mechanics and class skills relevant and engaging. I think people are just tired of the setting and story.

I'm one of those people. Every time I'd hear someone complain that SWTOR is doomed to fail because it's "just another WoW clone", I thought to myself: "I sure hope it's a WoW clone because the game play is still very fun."

another player that plays for playing... *sigh* play star wars if you know what it is first

im sure that they made the game for star wars fans and not for wow fans

Show me in my post where I said I want WOW's Universe? I played both Kotors that's why i'm here. Again, all I want is the Addon usage, Macros, LFD and Parsers.

Show me in my post where I said I want WOW's Universe? I played both Kotors that's why i'm here. Again, all I want is the Addon usage, Macros, LFD and Parsers.

Well actually the one thing wow failed on for me was the community having to make their own addons. Most people make addons because the game is lacking. If 99% of your playerbase are using an addon then maybe the developers should add it. The rest of the addons are just nice to have and people will have to live without them.

Stopped reading at this point, total loss of any credibility for any subsequent arguments.

In comparison to WOW they are. Name me a better MMO? 1 or 2 came before it and they have 250k player bases a lot that came after WOW have shared a similar fate. Masochism is not fun. Surviving a game with huge time sinks, and that has caused people to commit suicide after being hacked because of the time sink, does not make a game superior.

i say:

NO to addons

HELL NO! to macros

DEFINATELY HELL NO! to LFD tool.

All this game needs is a LFG channel that is accessible across all planets....problem solved.

addons = L2P - If you need addons to play your class, you are doing it wrong.

macros = L2P - If you need macros to play your class, you are also doing it wrong.

/topic

I was told this game was WoW + better story + better crafting + no grinding. It is WoW - customization - end game - addons - good pvp - arena - LFD + space combat + voice overs + interactive story... That's all. So many negatives not enough positives. Looking forward to when this game gets better.

QFT. I'll be resubscribing once the game leaves beta, and gets actual features implemented.

The OP is simply asking for the features and tools that most people have become accustomed to.

When the game has WoW style combat, raids, and pvp but none of the tools and features that WoW had with them, people are going to complain.

This will be true for any WoW style MMORPG released in the future.

i say:

NO to addons

HELL NO! to macros

All this game needs is a LFG channel that is accessible across all planets....problem solved.

macros = L2P - If you need macros to play your class, you are also doing it wrong.

/topic

You know there was a few addons that made roleplaying funner, but thats easily added to the game later.

The OP is simply asking for the features and tools that most people have become accustomed to.

When the game has WoW style combat, raids, and pvp but none of the tools and features that WoW had with them, people are going to complain.

This will be true for any WoW style MMORPG released in the future.

They all pretend not to see it. They will understand it though as severs merge and friends and guildmates vanish.

this game is made as it is, its not wow.

Yes i also plays Kotor,

I love star wars a big fan here and im fine never liked wow i have tried it in 10 days(long back) for 100-125 dollars... i was pretty sure it was me and wow... but noway i quitted it and lost that money poor kid :/ but yeah i love this game its perfect as it is

I would rather play *this* game without all the crap another game came up with in order to deal with their "unique" crowd. I know this is too much to ask. But this is an independent title on paper at least. Which would be so much better if the notion of diversity could somehow manifest itself somewhere.

---

i say:

NO to addons

HELL NO! to macros

/topic

Kick, scream and deny it all you want. Addons, macro's and lfd WILL come.

Why? Because EA wants the game to succeed.

Well actually the one thing wow failed on for me was the community having to make their own addons. Most people make addons because the game is lacking. If 99% of your playerbase are using an addon then maybe the developers should add it. The rest of the addons are just nice to have and people will have to live without them.

That's pretty much why Blizzard embedded Lua in the client. Let the playerbase figure out what features they want in the UI, and then Blizzard adds them over time to the official version. It's free research and design, and more effective than anything they could have done internally as well.

I don't understand how you would consider that a failure.

i say:

NO to addons

HELL NO! to macros

/topic

Fully agree with this 100%

WoW is awful, it's just the only monthly pay MMO that had any longevity from 2004 till now. It does not have depth that's absolute rubbish and it was ruined by add ons, macros and the like, although they are only a minor reason as to why it went downhill, the main points were horrific story lines and quests, terrible look and feel and a complete lack of variation.

Lol. In response to both you and the OP since he brought it up, Everquest is still going and being developed for 12 years later(and yes, its monthly pay) and is pretty much the last bastion for high-man raiding in MMO's. Everything else has gone to the 20-man WoW Tiger Teams(which i barely consider a raid, normal raid size in EQ is 54).

It just got its 18th expansion in November. The zone design from that expansion is honestly light years beyond ToR.

The funny part being is its probably SoE's most profitable game atm. True Story.

Edited by Quillium