why can not all crafting classes make augment kits?

tortcat

This one I don't quite follow. An armorer for example can make a kit that augments anything..incuding my focos's, sabers, relics etc that as an artifice I cudl only make.

Yet I cannot with artifice make the kits? I could see if armor for example was needed to mae aug kits for certain armor...artifice for certain pieces , synth for others etc etc...

But since thats not the case, I just wonder what the logic was thatnot all creation crafters can make the kits? ( and again it's not a case where ( which would make some sense) u needed an armorer to do armor etc etc as anyone that can make a kit can use that kit to upgrade "anything" even things their craft cannott make)

Thought's? Just curious as I cannot find the logic here lol.

From the June 1st Q&A:

David: There are two primary reasons that Augment Kits are limited to Armstech, Armormech and Synthweaving: 1) They are the augment crafters, and Augment Kits extend that service. 2) Prior to crafted augments, they did not have a substantial input into the item mod game and we want to open that up to more players.

We did not want to have lots different Augment Kits, because that would make finding the right item and kit combination substantially more difficult. Augment tables are intended to make it relatively simple to get any item to the same power cap, and lots of kit variation introduces the possibility that it would be hard to get some items to hit the same potential. While this is how augment tables work now, all Crew Skills will continue to evolve based on player feedback and game data.

OK that at least makes some sense..not quite sure I agree with their reasoning as it impacts the other crafters in a negeative way killing their augmented gear but I can at least follow that line.

Thanks for the reply

OK that at least makes some sense..not quite sure I agree with their reasoning as it impacts the other crafters in a negeative way killing their augmented gear but I can at least follow that line.

Thanks for the reply

How does it kill their augmented gear? Their augmented crit crafted gear is still more valuable than it would be without the crit.

Armormech/Synthweavers haven't had any real renewable items to make like the other crafters until 1.2. They only made armor and no player would buy the same piece of armor twice. Whereas they would certainly buy more than one enhancement, armoring, and mod, and possibly more than one color crystal, hilt, and/or barrel.

How does it kill their augmented gear? Their augmented crit crafted gear is still more valuable than it would be without the crit.

Armormech/Synthweavers haven't had any real renewable items to make like the other crafters until 1.2. They only made armor and no player would buy the same piece of armor twice. Whereas they would certainly buy more than one enhancement, armoring, and mod, and possibly more than one color crystal, hilt, and/or barrel.

Most players (well, sub lvl 50 anyways) aren't using all orange armor. It tends to be more expensive to keep upgraded past the handful of slots daily commendation mods will let you fill. If anything, less likely to buy enhancments/armorings/mods/etc. as armor. (I know I use my armormech/synthweaver to upgrade my characters remaining slots and not my cybertech, as it's cheaper to run in blues than in blue modded oranges)