Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't that chain on Coruscant - gree related? you know the one that gives you "Black bisector" title? also, that scavenger hunt event with sand people gear, was also gree related if I remember correctly.

from what I see of playing the game is that they have been setting up gree return from the very beginning.

also. if reputation gain is the end, its THE content, i don't see what's wrong with it. it only starts to suck when it gates other content, that you cannot get to without grinding those specific reps first... on each and every character

Edited by Jeweledleah

Totally awesome! Even though as a chronic altaholic I never got to level 50 (working on that though... with 4 toons... on 3 different servers ;) ) I still think it's awesome. Especially the reputation system. Will it also be possible to buy some cool looking moddable gear depending on faction standing?

Damn... I must say... I'm excited about this. Looking forward to all of it. Me and the guildies always have a great time during events.

PvE in PvP land... cool. My guildies and I will form in mass and get in there and see what is what.

But honestly, for your own sake as well, it is best not to get too worked up over the possibility of it sucking, when you don't know for sure yet if it does.

No point getting worked up, but discussing the possibilities of interpretation, and discussing what we do or do not want (forced pvp for pve players) is important for them to understand what we don't want to see repeated again (HK-51). They've screwed up in the past, and have not corrected the screw up. They haven't even closed up the pvp flagging exploits for pve players, and it's been well over a year now. It's clear they do not understand (or do not care) that pve players do not want forced pvp, so telling them before they screw up yet again is a sound move.

I read halfway through this thread and all I see is a bunch of people whining about how "PvE" players may get excluded from PvE content if there is open world PvP in a particular area. I don't understand how you are being excluded from anything? It's YOUR choice to exclusively PvE and no one is forcing you to participate in content that is quite possibly aligned toward players who actually enjoy both aspects, (or at least partake) in both aspects of the game. Maybe they want an area to reward people who have put time into both PvP and PvE? Is that just too simple of a concept to understand? If this area ends up like that, go take the time to get some PvP gear and hold your own in PvP, it doesn't take that long.

I am not some PvP nut either, I play both aspects of the game and would greatly appreciate an area that encompasses both PvE and PvP. If you are heavily tilted toward either side and wouldn't like something like this, then it's really easy... Don't go there! The only thing excluding you from said content would be yourself. If you want to participate.. go get the gear!

Maybe they want an area to reward people who have put time into both PvP and PvE? Is that just too simple of a concept to understand?

If people wanted PvE and PvP content to be blended together they'd ask for it.

PvE server = People who don't want to be forced to PvP

Is that just too simple a concept to understand?

I understand about how PvErs don't like being forced to PvP in order to do these events, believe I know, I myself am a PvEr. But guys I mean this whole game is full of people who will gank you on any server. If you guys are still like "oh well this is a PvE server they shouldn't do this," then you should really realize that there are PvPers on all servers. Almost every planet is PvPable, so if you guys have a problem with this, then you have a problem with almost every planet. If you guys dont want to get ganked, play a stealth character if you have one, or get a group together to help you get to locations to do quests. Bioware could have made it more efficient I will agree on that, but they've had so many cuts that they're barely keeping this game up and running. If you get ganked, don't blame Bioware, they have enough trouble dealing with keeping this game alive. And if you guys still have a problem then let me tell you, is the Black Hole PvPable, yes it is. Is Ilum PvPable? Yes it is. Don't blame Bioware for being gankable, blame the people who gank you. There will always be those sorts of people in video games, Bioware has no control over it.

I understand about how PvErs don't like being forced to PvP in order to do these events, believe I know, I myself am a PvEr. But guys I mean this whole game is full of people who will gank you on any server. If you guys are still like "oh well this is a PvE server they shouldn't do this," then you should really realize that there are PvPers on all servers. Almost every planet is PvPable, so if you guys have a problem with this, then you have a problem with almost every planet. If you guys dont want to get ganked, play a stealth character if you have one, or get a group together to help you get to locations to do quests.

On a pve server the pve players should not have to change their behaviour to accommodate the pvp players.

The pvp flagging exploits need to be fixed, and there should be no forced pvp AT ALL on a pve server.

This isn't forced, you don't have to do it.

It's a new system, not just passing content. If the system is important to pve players then setting it in pvp area makes it exclusionary to the majority of players who rolled on a pve server so they don't get open world pvp forced on them.

Speculative feedback at this point is necessary, as the HK-51 forced pvp shows Bioware does not yet understand forced pvp is not wanted - they could easily be doing it again.

It's a new system, not just passing content. If the system is important to pve players then setting it in pvp area makes it exclusionary to the majority of players who rolled on a pve server so they don't get open world pvp forced on them.

Speculative feedback at this point is necessary, as the HK-51 forced pvp shows Bioware does not yet understand forced pvp is not wanted - they could easily be doing it again.

Was talking about the event not the reputation system

Um, have you played the game? Ilum and the Outlaw's Den are the only two places I can think of that are Open World PvP areas.

Anywhere you can PvP is an Open World PvP areas. At least on my server it is. I constantly have to fight the opposite faction to do my dailies.

This looks a lot like the various factions in WoW rep grind I undertook years ago in WOTLK . Can be a minor diversion or a lot more for the right mindset player. Just one observation., I hope that a vendor accompanies each faction and thats theres actually some stuff worth grinding for other than titles. I won't be bothering with this at all personally if its just for titles, I would imagine quite a few other players will feel the same.

To People freaking out about Reputation:

There are 4 factions, Gree, Voss, Belsavis and Mobile Fleet, which no one know where it will take place. So, even if you dislike PvP, you will still probably have 2-3 factions to get reputation with.

Also, the event will be on for whole year. So, even if you suck at PvP, but want to participate and get rewared from PvP zone, you have plenty of time to train yourself, getting good (or at least mediocre) in PvP is a matter of month at most...