Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Augments

lordkhouri

Removing and re-adding augments to your gear in a war zone completely screws with bolster and gives you ridiculously high stats.

I took out a few just to test it and ended up up with almost 40k health in a warzone (up from 34k), and that was just from taking out 4 augments.

Obviously this is expensive, but it needs to be fixed none the less.

bolster is here to stay by the looks of it. It is a good system, which needs to be played around with.

Pvp should be about how good a player is at their role, not how pretty their pixels are.

Bolster is making this happen, however it is definitely a work in progress.

PvE > PvP needs to be address urgently.

They clearly weren't ready at release of 2.0, however 16/4 patch made a improvement to the system so looks like its on its way up. Give it some time before you cry that its broken and demand it be removed.

How do you think anything would ever get better if devs didn't try something and then play with it over time....? Ever heard of trial and error?

bolster is here to stay by the looks of it. It is a good system, which needs to be played around with.

Pvp should be about how good a player is at their role, not how pretty their pixels are.

They clearly weren't ready at release of 2.0, however 16/4 patch made a improvement to the system so looks like its on its way up. Give it some time before you cry that its broken and demand it be removed.

How do you think anything would ever get better if devs didn't try something and then play with it over time....? Ever heard of trial and error?

And before you go on about how thats what the PTR is for etc etc and how your a paid sub blah blah blah:

Swtor has a relatively small player base, nothing compared to say WoW (omg i mentioned it.) We can't expect Devs to look at every single possibility in a PTR because the number of people on them would be so minimal in comparison to a PTR on a game of a much larger scale. So unfortunately because we are a smaller game things will always be pushed into live faster and dealt with if/when errors occur.

Edited by Jeeses

Go home troll, you're drunk

hes not a troll. he speaks the truth. it takes a couple of days to get full partisan gear. their is no need for bolster at 55. it has destroyed the game. people who are pvping without partisan gear are obviously not interested in pvping very much or they would have the gear. getting rolled for a couple of days after hitting 55 is not a big deal. they should remove bolster from endgame because right now it is a mess and any changes they do is just going to keep making it worse.

hes not a troll. he speaks the truth. it takes a couple of days to get full partisan gear. their is no need for bolster at 55. it has destroyed the game. people who are pvping without partisan gear are obviously not interested in pvping very much or they would have the gear. getting rolled for a couple of days after hitting 55 is not a big deal. they should remove bolster from endgame because right now it is a mess and any changes they do is just going to keep making it worse.

No, he is very much a troll. He gave a few word long response and didn't back his argument.

Example: I'm on my scoundrel and i post in /1 "scoundrel is the only true dps class."

Offer no reasoning behind my example and just watch /1 explode, its very amusing.

Plain and simple its trolling, but that's not why I'm commenting.

Bolster IS a step forward, you narrow minded people can't seem to get your head around it. Once they iron out the issues it will result in a smaller gear gap between those who come in, and those who are well geared.

Lets say that by the end of May, all those who are PvP focused are in full partisan gear, minimum. Whilst most are in at least half are up to the next gear bracket again, and those who are dedicated are in 100%, and min/maxed etc.

Pre 2.0 they just handed out a set of gear to everybody so they would be at least somewhat competitive.

Now they will simple boost bolster to say, Partisan, or maybe the stats equivalent of 80% Partisan.

This way they don't have to hand out gear, so those who fought hard for it feel it wasn't wasted, and later down the track PvP will still be competitive because those who are new will be able to put up a fight.

The biggest issue with Bolster is PvE>PvP there is a solution to that, its just not come to light quite yet. Once its fixed then bolster will be in a good place. It's only because bolster is new and there's new gear and people are only just getting their hands on PvP stuff that's causing the issues.

If they had released this bolster just before 2.0, and everybody was in full WH, minimum. They could have bolstered stats to the equivalent of battlemaster, rather than just hand the gear to us in a box when we ding. The result would have been the same.

It's just a cluster**** because there is far too much happening at once.

Pvp should be about how good a player is at their role, not how pretty their pixels are. Er.... What???

They clearly weren't ready at release of 2.0. And whose fault is this?? - The PTS is for testing this kind of stuff and as a paying subscriber should I do the testing for them on live servers? Give me a break!

Ever heard of trial and error? Unfortunately as I have already mentioned above - with EA/BW there seems to be no trial and only error after error after error

They have messed up big time with PVP from the start - imo its not getting better its getting worse!

They have messed up big time with PVP from the start - imo its not getting better its getting worse!

They've confirmed that they're trying to reduce the gear dependency of PvP, making it less about who is 100% decked out (should theoretically be better due to time spent earning) and more about who is actually better, they're keeping gear progression alive but reducing the gap between no gear and each set beyond what we have now.

Yes the issue with not being ready was BW/EA. However how do you suggest they properly test a game when there are barely any playing the game as is let alone on a PTR when anything done isn't at all beneficial?

Have they not trialled the bolster by releasing it in 2.0, and then adjusted it based on the errors attached (naked bolster.) they've already fixed one problem with it so where is your reasoning to suggest that they would not be already working to release additional adjustments to further improve it.

I stated that the posts above me were narrow minded because they are, simple as that. I wasn't using it as a way to boost my argument, its just a fact that they are narrow minded. Demanding something be totally removed before there is even a chance to test it on a real scale let alone make any further improvements screams narrow mindedness, I challenge anyone to argue that. Change is scary guys.

Edited by Jeeses

ROFL!! Dude have you ever heard about test center? That's where they do the tests. But SWTOR PvP is already dumbed down to the ground, to the worst PvE players level no more bolster needed, those people are hopeless.

ROFL!! Dude have you ever heard about test center? That's where they do the tests. But SWTOR PvP is already dumbed down to the ground, to the worst PvE players level no more bolster needed, those people are hopeless.

I like SWTOR PvP, clearly you don't so go elsewhere?

Removing and re-adding augments to your gear in a war zone completely screws with bolster and gives you ridiculously high stats.

I took out a few just to test it and ended up up with almost 40k health in a warzone (up from 34k), and that was just from taking out 4 augments.

Thus why I'm not even PvP'ing, haven't done a 55 WZ but once.

Never thought I'd say it, but I think I'll just stick to PvE'ing and leveling alts.

And before you go on about how thats what the PTR is for etc etc and how your a paid sub blah blah blah:

Swtor has a relatively small player base, nothing compared to say WoW (omg i mentioned it.) We can't expect Devs to look at every single possibility in a PTR because the number of people on them would be so minimal in comparison to a PTR on a game of a much larger scale. So unfortunately because we are a smaller game things will always be pushed into live faster and dealt with if/when errors occur.

That's what the PTS IS for, small player base or not there is no excuse for this, ESPECIALLY when practically the same bug was on the PTS that was fixed on the PTS. You can white knight and defend BW all you want, but this massive change to bolster should of been tested much longer, and once, just once, BW should LISTEN to the people who test the damn game on the PTS.

That's what the PTS IS for, small player base or not there is no excuse for this, ESPECIALLY when practically the same bug was on the PTS that was fixed on the PTS. You can white knight and defend BW all you want, but this massive change to bolster should of been tested much longer, and once, just once, BW should LISTEN to the people who test the damn game on the PTS.

Well, when nobody is bothering to test on the PTS, there aint much point in keeping it up for testing, is there? Talked to a few from my server, who was in the queue during EU prime time for 2-3 hours without a pop. Do tell me good sir, how should they test it? Do you expect their internal QA department to never let a single bug slide through? We players can affect a huge chunk of their bug-resolving, but not when nobody can be bothered to test. Personally, I wasnt on the PTS. Despite several small (and a few bigger) issues with lots of things I care about (pvp, Makeb, operative roll etc), I voided my right to complain about their buggy release when I decided not to waste my precious time testing. They did also fix a lot of the issues from the PTS, and they explained very thorougly why they decided to launch it as-is.

Would you have been ok if they had launched everything for the game (pve-wise), but kept pvp-content (balancing, brackets etc) as they were pre-2.0? I'm pretty sure you wouldnt, and you would all be crying 'ZOMG Y U DO DIS BW FIX PVP IM GETTING OWNED BY 55s IN CONQ MY EWH GEAR COUNTS FOR NOTHING Q_Q'. (When I say you, I dont specifically mean the person I quoted, I mean the general 'You').

Ah, the tears of gear>skill people. They make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

TL;DR: BW are doing their own tests, but bugs tend to slide through. Stuff happens. Get over it.

Edit: Im not sure why I bothered replying to this Q_Q thread, probably to back up Jeeses. He's not alone, he's just part of the vocal minority, while trolls and whiners (yes that's you kids) are often in the vocal majority.

Edited by ronniehenlau

What in God's name convinced you to try removing and re-adding your augments? Why would you even try that? That's an exploit and should be fixed. Bolster is a pretty good idea though, I much prefer it over recruit gear, and once they get the kinks ironed out I think it will bear out to have been a huge improvement.

Well, when nobody is bothering to test on the PTS, there aint much point in keeping it up for testing, is there? Talked to a few from my server, who was in the queue during EU prime time for 2-3 hours without a pop. Do tell me good sir, how should they test it? Do you expect their internal QA department to never let a single bug slide through? We players can affect a huge chunk of their bug-resolving, but not when nobody can be bothered to test. Personally, I wasnt on the PTS. Despite several small (and a few bigger) issues with lots of things I care about (pvp, Makeb, operative roll etc), I voided my right to complain about their buggy release when I decided not to waste my precious time testing. They did also fix a lot of the issues from the PTS, and they explained very thorougly why they decided to launch it as-is.

Would you have been ok if they had launched everything for the game (pve-wise), but kept pvp-content (balancing, brackets etc) as they were pre-2.0? I'm pretty sure you wouldnt, and you would all be crying 'ZOMG Y U DO DIS BW FIX PVP IM GETTING OWNED BY 55s IN CONQ MY EWH GEAR COUNTS FOR NOTHING Q_Q'. (When I say you, I dont specifically mean the person I quoted, I mean the general 'You').

Ah, the tears of gear>skill people. They make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

TL;DR: BW are doing their own tests, but bugs tend to slide through. Stuff happens. Get over it.

Edit: Im not sure why I bothered replying to this Q_Q thread, probably to back up Jeeses. He's not alone, he's just part of the vocal minority, while trolls and whiners (yes that's you kids) are often in the vocal majority.

I don't know about you and your EU buddies, but the test server was plenty full when I was on it. Plenty of people were testing it, plenty of people were giving feedback, BW chose to ignore the feedback. And to top it all off, the bug the OP is talking about was running rampant on the PTS and was fixed. No excuse for a bug that was fixed to return.

Pm one of the debs on the exact steps to reproduce the bug so they can fix it. I pm them last week a out the same hung not sure if its the same bug or a new version if it.

^this

Ever heard of PTS?

And we are not talking about some weird bug which happens every full moon. 2.0 affected ALL pvp content. Yesterdays patch made it somewhat better, but the bolster is still ****ed up across the board. They should never have gone live with it.

Bolster IS a step forward, you narrow minded people can't seem to get your head around it. Once they iron out the issues it will result in a smaller gear gap between those who come in, and those who are well geared..

Well stated about the troll comment but you lost it when you self righteously slander the rest of the forums as narrow minded... well played :rolleyes:.

But more seriously at this point clearly we agree gear counts. Where we disagree is what follows. As I pointed out in another thread there is no bolster for operations... why should there be bolster for PvP?

The simple answer is there should not be some buff for undergeared sorts to do operations. There should be a base set of gear be it PvP or PvE. From there on the gear scales but only marginally.

Now you may disagree and that is fine, but please address both the part about bolster needing to be more refined for PvP (because clearly it is way off) as well as the counter that of a bolster for running ops :).