Calling All Endurance Stacking Tanks: Your Day is HERE!

Ocho-Quatro

Just for fun.... I put together a tank build in AskMrRobot to see what is the HIGHEST HP a tank can possibly have in-game with 78 gear.

(This is in NO WAY suggesting this is the proper way to build a tank, in fact it's quite the opposite... However, I was curious to see what the number is.)

I was using an Assassin as the test subject, and my criteria for choosing gear/armorings/mods/enh/augments was based ENTIRELY on whichever pieces have the MOST Endurance. (Including all Endurance Datacrons, companion bonus, class buffs and stim.)

The resulting tank.... Would have:

2,478 Willpower

4,917.2 Endurance

53,704.1 Hit Points

Now, that extreme HP pool, comes at a pretty steep cost. In order to hit that number, you will end up with a mitigation stat pool of 1,690.

(For reference, my own Assassin tank has a mitigation stat pool around 2,350 with 38k HP)

I do kind of wonder, how long it will be, before I see a 50k+ HP tank in one of my pugs/GF queues.... I don't think I want to heal that tank.

I've already seen a 48k hp shadow.. and that was before 2.4 and 78's being added to the game...

IIRC... if you end-stacked everything, and had some 75s in the mix, you could hit numbers like that.

Once again, not really a tank I am interested in healing.

Just for fun.... I put together a tank build in AskMrRobot to see what is the HIGHEST HP a tank can possibly have in-game with 78 gear.

(This is in NO WAY suggesting this is the proper way to build a tank, in fact it's quite the opposite... However, I was curious to see what the number is.)

I was using an Assassin as the test subject, and my criteria for choosing gear/armorings/mods/enh/augments was based ENTIRELY on whichever pieces have the MOST Endurance. (Including all Endurance Datacrons, companion bonus, class buffs and stim.)

The resulting tank.... Would have:

2,478 Willpower

4,917.2 Endurance

53,704.1 Hit Points

Now, that extreme HP pool, comes at a pretty steep cost. In order to hit that number, you will end up with a mitigation stat pool of 1,690.

(For reference, my own Assassin tank has a mitigation stat pool around 2,350 with 38k HP)

I do kind of wonder, how long it will be, before I see a 50k+ HP tank in one of my pugs/GF queues.... I don't think I want to heal that tank.

Did MrRobot take into account stim and legacy buffs along with datacrons?

I stack accuracy on my healer, so my heals don't fail when I throw them.

I've been thinking about stacking Accuracy and Alacrity on my tank... So I can taunt much faster, and make sure my taunts don't miss and accidentally hit a tree or something. That tree aggro can be pretty terrible.

I stack surge as a tank. That way my defense is BIGGER!

Right?

I bet.... the BEST way to tank, is to use no tanking gear at all. That stuff is probably pretty heavy and weighs you down.

Imagine tanking in the nude? You'd be much more nimble and be able to dodge out of the way of all the attacks.

I think we've been doing it all wrong.

I bet.... the BEST way to tank, is to use no tanking gear at all. That stuff is probably pretty heavy and weighs you down.

Imagine tanking in the nude? You'd be much more nimble and be able to dodge out of the way of all the attacks.

I think we've been doing it all wrong.

My god, you're a genius! It's be just like being invisible!

It is when your shield crits.

When Shield Crits:

If you stack your Surge high enough, here is what happens:

• Attack for 50,000 damage comes hurtling towards your pretty face.
  • You raise your shield to block it, cowering in fear...
  • and SUCCESS! You shield the attack.
  • Your 25% Absorb eats up 12,500 damage. (who needs to stack Absorb... really?? pfft)
  • And the Gods have smiled upon you! Not only have you shielded the attack, but it has been a CRITICAL SUCCESS!
  • Since you have smartly stacked Surge, you have an 80% Critical Multiplier, which absorbs the remaining 75% of the incoming attack (37,500 damage) and HEALS YOU for an additional 5% (2,500 HP)

And THAT my friends... is why Tanks should stack Crit and Surge.

When Shield Crits:

If you stack your Surge high enough, here is what happens:

• Attack for 50,000 damage comes hurtling towards your pretty face.
  • You raise your shield to block it, cowering in fear...
  • and SUCCESS! You shield the attack.
  • Your 25% Absorb eats up 12,500 damage. (who needs to stack Absorb... really?? pfft)
  • And the Gods have smiled upon you! Not only have you shielded the attack, but it has been a CRITICAL SUCCESS!
  • Since you have smartly stacked Surge, you have an 80% Critical Multiplier, which absorbs the remaining 75% of the incoming attack (37,500 damage) and HEALS YOU for an additional 5% (2,500 HP)

And THAT my friends... is why Tanks should stack Crit and Surge.

That explains so much.

I have to admit... This thread has kept me heartily entertained today.

Well, it is informative and entertaining, what more could you ask for? Besides getting you a sammich. And a beer. And some pie. Besides all that, what else could you ask for?