2.0 Classic Comms and the Old Elder Gear

That's fantastic, thank you.

Do you have a more specific timeline that you are expecting currently? Is this something that we can look forward to in 2.0.1 or will it be in a later patch?

soon (next patch would normally mean next maintenance)

Edited by Atramar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soon (next patch would normally mean next maintenance)

Looking at the way they handled this patch thats a HUGE expectation, more like 1-2 months and say "thanks"......... yeah, for ignore the previous feedback and create a raged community in less than a week, thanks EA

it's an artifically time restraint. The know the "lvl55" is gonna be gone through incredibly fast and they aren't ready to release new content(whether flashpoint, operation, or whatnot).

They prefer you to go play alts characters to give them a buffer zone to prepare new events.

The weekly cap on Classic Commendations will be removed in an upcoming patch.

Incidentally, there is currently a bug that causes the game to warn you that you've exceeded your weekly cap even when you are at 0 in your weekly progress (it's erroneously looking at your total commendations). Make sure you check the actual weekly progress value displayed in your currency tab.

:csw_jabba:

That's excellent news. Would be even better if u gave us all comms we'd have earned if the weekly cap didn't exist. But that's probably too much to ask, I understand that :-)

This.

I hate running dailies, but I have been running BH, Belsavis this past week, trying to gear up my companion for Sunday.

With the cap at 200 and most pieces costing between120 - 150 comms, just how are you 'just run dailies' people going to gear up yourself AND your companion, especially by Sunday?

At best, you will get one new piece of gear for yourself OR your companion without farming FPs - which with the cap might be difficult, especially if you are dps, as players like myself with multiple tanks won't bother to run FPs if we will lose comms due to this arbitrary cap.

This is why the cap is stupid and the change they have stated (dropping the cap) should be implemented as soon as possible.

It makes no sense to cap comms useful only for leveling / companion gear.

And while it is nice to see they are 'correcting' this, all of this same feedback was provided on the PTS, so the cap should never have made it live.

Edited by DawnAskham

So what happens to the comms that were lost in the conversion? If the cap is being removed should I not receive my full conversion value? (Not to mention all the people who spent their comms before 2.0 because of the cap.)

So what happens to the comms that were lost in the conversion? If the cap is being removed should I not receive my full conversion value? (Not to mention all the people who spent their comms before 2.0 because of the cap.)

They're removing the weekly cap not the storage cap.

Incidentally, there is currently a bug that causes the game to warn you that you've exceeded your weekly cap even when you are at 0 in your weekly progress (it's erroneously looking at your total commendations). Make sure you check the actual weekly progress value displayed in your currency tab.

Ahhh, thank you very, very much. Hopefully the cap on the Basics and other elder game comms will be removed as well or it will be pointless, as all the people here on my thread will be level 50+ and mostly 55 and will be collecting up basic's, ultimate's and elite's. However that is good news, even if you play many alts. I reached the cap in one day on my sentinel, if i had alts I'd have reached the weekly limit on those as well. I do help manage a guild and many of the people that help me run it have not run into the cap, because they are helping other guildies. In this manner I guess the cap is effective- most people don't run around helping guildies though.

And lastly, where is it I can turn in the Columi Pieces for the Classic comms? I have 2 of them that I saved, where do I turn them in?

There is a vendor in the Gav Daragon (or the equivalent for the Empire).

U only remove the cap from classic comms ? quite useless, no one will care for these comms in 2 weeks. basic, elite and ultimate comms need to be uncapped too....

pls stop coyping world of warcraft, slowing players down and force them to play alts. weekly caps are the worse u can do....

Should never have been in certainly not for subscribers, to have ignored for this long shows poor management to say the least

It is nice that they are removing the weekly cap for classic (200), so now I'll just gear out my companions easier. I was capped on Classic coms on the 1st day and that was not even touching my supply of unclaimed raid gear (24 pieces) of that. Been capped on Basic (300) commendations by day two and just another 42 commendations to cap out elite (200) for the week. I definately never going to hit the ultimate cap tho.

Definately can't count how many commendations I have lost because of hitting the low weekly cap numbers, but its one way to either force peopel to do alternatte characters or slow them down on there mains (wont happen). But it will eventually start making the group finder ques longer for the people that don't seem ot play healers or tanks.

Also, I don't think this will be as much of an issue at the true endgame, because I don't think the Basic/Elite/Ultimate Comms drop as much as the Classics. But something really should be done about the Classic Comms limit, because the level 50 HM FPs and Dailies hand the things out like candy. I hit the limit in one day with two sets of dailies, a couple hard modes, and one unassembled Columi token. Is that really all Bioware wants us to do in a week?

Weekly limits for Basic Comms, and to some extent Elite comms, are already becoming an issue.

I have read the new patch notes for 4/16 and there is nothing reflecting the change of removing the weekly cap. I have not been doing Flashpoints and or ops since I cant gain anymore for the week on my healer and generally disappointed in the the direction the game has taken.

I think it's to encourage playing alts and different aspects of game.

maxed comms? go pvp.

dont like pvp? go alts.

dont have alts? go space missions.

(I am not telling you what to do, nor I'm justifying BIO/EA actions, I'm looking for possible reasons behind it)

Excuse me but I choose which characters I play, and I choose what/where/how I play - not BioWare. If I want to run Flashpoints all day, every day, for a week, I'll bloody well do it thanks.

This weekly cap is stupid, since I already hit the limit on day 1 of the patch, and I have to wait a week to get more (which I'll again hit the limit on the first day after reset).

What do I do for the remaining 6 days? I can't farm comms to get the gear set I'm aiming for, and I can't move on to farming higher gear sets until I have a decent one to begin with.

Hurr durr, no logic in the weekly cap at all.

GG wp, BioWare.

Edited by Harsisus

Excuse me but I choose which characters I play, and I choose what/where/how I play - not BioWare. If I want to run Flashpoints all day, every day, for a week, I'll bloody well do it thanks.

This weekly cap is stupid, since I already hit the limit on day 1 of the patch, and I have to wait a week to get more (which I'll again hit the limit on the first day after reset).

What do I do for the remaining 6 days? I can't farm comms to get the gear set I'm aiming for, and I can't move on to farming higher gear sets until I have a decent one to begin with.

Hurr durr, no logic in the weekly cap at all.

GG wp, BioWare.

Justy because you don't see logic, it doesnt mean it's not there. It doesnt have to be a good logic ;) .

From business perspective, it's very good solution, it will keep you in game longer, will force player to play few characters and spend more time till he's fully equiped.

Ofcourse forcing your customer to anything is not good at all, and they overdid it with the cap so people raged and forced them to change it... I mean comon, my healer did nothing but flashpoints (1 a day, as I have 5 chars I play constantly), usualy for leveling purposes, most included bonus bosses, and I'm capped since friday...

Again, I never said it was a good idea, I was looking for their point of view, and (in my humble opinion) they fired all smart advisors, and left only kiss ups (why censors.. why) who will suck up to team leader (quite common these days).

Anyway, they already claimed that they will remove it, so futher bashing beaten up team/advocating the devil has no purpose.

Edited by Atramar

Thank the Maker!

Thanks for that update Jesse

While this is a step in the right direction can you tell us what is happening with the Operations to get these comms.

I was very sad to see at 55 I cannot do EV KP or EC operations via group finder, please say this is going to be addressed as if you unlock these limits (which then means we can equip companions) we still can't do operations unless by pug's

Group finder is a great addition however why limit the access to 50 Ops, surely that is removing easy access content to small guilds like I run

Edited by Tutdai