1v1 Battlescout Dogfighting Challenge

Krixarcs

Hi friends,

I put the T2 gunship in the hangar for a few weeks in the pursuit of wiping the dust off of my sting and flashfire. I'd like to issue an open challenge to any pilot out there that believes he can out match me in a 1v1 dogfight.

No there is not an 1v1 mode. Yes is going to be hard to set up. Here's what we do when we agree on a challenge we set a place and time and coordinate the queues. When we pop into the same game, the challenge is on. The rule is that you fight each other away from the action. At the end of the game most kills wins. Taking into account outside interference (especially ion railguns). Power ups can be grabbed within reason. We are going to have to use an honor system so no running back to capital ships or enemy nests please. Just plain good Ole dogfighting fun. I would like to get the ball rolling by challenging anyone that has a stream where people can watch me win fair and square :)

Drakkolich, sriia, yallia, tommyboy, ramalina, scrabb, mikiboshi, jeqonan, that Wang guy from progenitor and anyone else that likes to twitch. Let's go.

Edited by Krixarcs

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll humour you. When/where?

Dear tomeateejedota,

I heartily accept your challenge. judging by your signature it appears as though you are not much of a cross server expeditionist like myself. therefore I will allow you to select the server of choice. I think the best server would be one where there are semi frequent pops but not one where the local players have a skill level high enough to interrupt with the contest. I think ebon hawk would do nicely for that TBH. For the time I think we should do prime time eastern around 9 or 10 pm. I will also let you select a few possible dates that work for you.

Best regards,

you friend Krixarcs

Dear tomeateejedota,

I heartily accept your challenge. judging by your signature it appears as though you are not much of a cross server expeditionist like myself. therefore I will allow you to select the server of choice. I think the best server would be one where there are semi frequent pops but not one where the local players have a skill level high enough to interrupt with the contest. I think ebon hawk would do nicely for that TBH. For the time I think we should do prime time eastern around 9 or 10 pm. I will also let you select a few possible dates that work for you.

Best regards,

you friend Krixarcs

Tomm please please please record this. BTW Krix this is who you are talking to LOL

http://i.imgur.com/YsAR6no.jpg

Edited by Lendul

Dear tomeateejedota,

Best regards,

you friend Krixarcs

Reading your reply I feel like anyone who comes to witness this duel should arrive dressed up in top hats and tail coats for the blokes while the ladies are in large frilly dresses and we'll stand around having tea and crumpets on the lawn. Every time someone scores a kill we'll yell out 'MARVELLOUS SHOT OLD BOY!' and there will be a smattering of polite applause before we all return to making inane conversation about this amazing thing called photography that we just had to see to believe it.

Edited by Archonitek

Yeah I'll record it. Harbinger or Shadowlands works best for me. 9/10 eastern, this weekends not good for me but maybe tuesday next week

Also my sig is very out of date, my prog toon is on TRE and my ebon hawk toon is on shadowlands and my shadowlands toon is on harbinger

Edited by tommmsunb

Instead of just relying on a stream to coordinate synching the queue, you should get into voice. Queue together and then say when one, the other or both get a pop. Each of you bring a team along to keep the other seven or eleven busy while you have your showdown. Just a suggestion.

This is a big number for you? I, as decent player, pull it now and then, and there are tons of better players in front of me on my server (tofn).

Are you looking at the DPS? Not the damage, you have to understand that was a 4 minute match, the damage is pretty low, but in a 8 minute match maintained that would be about 200k dmg. I've actually had a game where I maintained 265DPS for 14 minutes, I'll see if I can find it.

Edited by tommmsunb

This is a big number for you? I, as decent player, pull it now and then, and there are tons of better players in front of me on my server (tofn).

lol, the point of that screenie was the dps. go ahead and post something with a higher figure.

EDIT: tomm beat me to it.

EDIT#2: in my vast archives of screenshots, here's the closest I could find: scrabs 277 dps - to be clear, lots of folks (myself included) have had considerably higher kills/assist/damage totals. But I have yet to see a higher dps. Which, again, was the point of that screenshot.

Edited by MaximilianPower

My point was, me as just decent (at best) can pull that.

Today, in one round, we were killing opposite team, as they were respawning. So again, high dmg, or dmg per second, isnt true indication of anything. :p

Edit: I mean, just look at performance of your opposition... against those you pulled that high dmg xD

Fly by tofn, there are of course plenty cannon folders (like me :p), but you will find also a lot of skilled players, some maybe even better then you :p

Edited by Shivax

My point was, me as just decent (at best) can pull that.

Ok, then post your own screenshot. Let's see how it compares.

I'm not trying to be an *** about this...I suspect you simply don't realize how difficult it is to maintain that kind of dps over an entire match. Take a look at your own dps after whatever you consider a good game...that should give you some perspective.

No, perhaps dps is not the be-all/end-all of GSF stats, but it certainly says something. But whatever your preferred measure of performance may be, I assure you, tomm can post something that will impress you.

Unfortunately gsf isn't that popular, so for faster queue time, new players get mixed with skilled players with fully upgraded ships. And some are very skillful, and I'm not saying I am, so I dont see any point in screenshots. I even use bomber! Legion, ship that kills for you. xD ...and imagine opposite team with all new players in gsf, and me coming to their respawn point. Do the math :D Edited by Shivax

Unfortunately gsf isn't that popular, so for faster queue time, new players get mixed with skilled players with fully upgraded ships. And some are very skillful, and I'm not saying I am, so I dont see any point in screenshots. I even use bomber! Legion, ship that kills for you. xD ...and imagine opposite team with all new players in gsf, and me coming to their respawn point. Do the math :D

Legion isn't a ship that can pull these numbers, the closest attempt was Zavira but he did that basically spawn camping unchecked with seeker AOE damage

Unfortunately gsf isn't that popular, so for faster queue time, new players get mixed with skilled players with fully upgraded ships. And some are very skillful, and I'm not saying I am, so I dont see any point in screenshots. I even use bomber! Legion, ship that kills for you. xD ...and imagine opposite team with all new players in gsf, and me coming to their respawn point. Do the math :D
I look forward to you posting a screenshot of you doing better or even comparable DPS. Though with the amount of craw-fishing going on I have a feeling you have never broke 150 DPS.

I don't know, maybe my english is that bad. xD

I say one thing, you hear other. :D

..but point was, come to tofn, and play against skilled players (not me) if you want a challenge. ;)

No offence, but ToFN is nowhere near the other servers in quality of players. There are some quality players there (and I believe some very good players started there), but the bigger servers have much better players.

No offence, but ToFN is nowhere near the other servers in quality of players. There are some quality players there (and I believe some very good players started there), but the bigger servers have much better players.

It is interesting to observe that often it is the players who do not try out other servers and stick around on the smaller, less frequented servers that harbor the notion that their own servers are the most challenging in terms of skill level. I have observed it countless times. It is also these servers where a single group often rises to the top to hold supremacy, and is able to get away with strange tactics and builds (due to not fighting any organized opposition for a lengthy period of time) and start to believe that these tactics are effective.

Part of the reason SRW moves around like we do is to shake things up on servers where things have become too comfortable. We like to show the "rulers" of the server proper, organized opposition in order to get them motivated to improve themselves, rather than further digging themselves further into trap builds and tactics that work simply because they are always 2v1.

I hardly ever see this "My server is the hardest server" attitude among traveling GSFers, as they have seen some ****.

Edited by Lavaar