If by chance they do bring Hamill, Fisher and Ford back...

TheBBP

It would probably one of the biggest selling movies of all time. I honestly think that it can be done especially with the rumors that Ford would actually be up for it.

To be honest, if they did pull it off and got that gang back together, even in their age, it would make me a bit emotional.

get princess leia some p90x then - she's looking more similar to jabba these days

This.

Go take a look at how the original cast is doing. Let's just say with the exception of Mr. Ford, they are all quite...err... comfortable.

Bringing them back now would be akin to casting Marlon Brando in the new Superman movie. Outside of wink wink nudge nudge it's not a good idea.

This.

Go take a look at how the original cast is doing. Let's just say with the exception of Mr. Ford, they are all quite...err... comfortable.

Bringing them back now would be akin to casting Marlon Brando in the new Superman movie. Outside of wink wink nudge nudge it's not a good idea.

lil mean but they can do wonders with make up and cgi-touch ups these days,you wouldnt even notice and they would look pretty good. Carrie is looking alot better then she used to look a few years back.

That rumor that sprung tonight is what got me thinking about it.

Disney made a young Flynn/Clu look pretty cool a few years back. I can't imagine that those techniques are not a lot easier/cheaper now. They could just CGI them up to help them out a lil.

I think it is doable and I fully welcome it.

Edited by TheBBP

This.

Well seeing as how Marlon Brando has been dead for years ( his appearence in Superman Returns was through the use of unused footage from Superman and Superman II. ) It would have been impossible for him to have been in the new Superman movie at all.

I feel like if Han Solo has a happy ending, Disney has failed. At the very least, he should sacrifice himself to save lots of people, but I would much rather him get betrayed and go down fighting, potentially causing his son/daughter to turn to the dark side.

ohhh that wouldn't go down well at all, can you imagine people would burn down Disney

ummm if ANYONE has experience in making this,,its disney,,they can deliver the most delicate material

in a family friendly way,,its basically their bread and butter,,dont worry,,itll work:)

They said on GMA this morning that All Three Hamill, Fisher and Ford signed on to reprise their former roles in the new Saga. I had hoped that they would not have touched the Original stories in any form and gone a new fresh route. Hopefully its just small roles of parents handing off to the kids.

Just call it Star Fan Service Wars and be done with it.

Except fan service wouldn't take a steaming dump on thousands and thousands of written pages of the expanded universe.

lol, this is not going to end well no matter which way you cut it.

Edited by maxetius

They said on GMA this morning that All Three Hamill, Fisher and Ford signed on to reprise their former roles in the new Saga. I had hoped that they would not have touched the Original stories in any form and gone a new fresh route. Hopefully its just small roles of parents handing off to the kids.

Odd that I can't find news on this anywhere. You'd think that news that big would be pretty wide-spread.

That is just rumor. Mark and Carrie met with George in August for lunch and, while there, he pitched them on the idea of VII, VIII, and IX. Then Harrison said he would have to see a script and know who the director will be before he signs on. There is speculation that he will require a write in to kill Han off as was intended in VI, but that is just speculation. The closest thing we have to anything sure, is Matt Vaughn directing, and that is just a firm "maybe." All else is fan speculation.

Unless you can post a link to a viable news source that is. Here is the GMA that you spoke of and it doesn't say anything like what you claim. Just that they are open to the idea. Far cry from signing on.

From what I've heard, Harrison Ford keeps in shape, so he should be good to go. Mark Hamill could stand to lose about 15 to 20 pounds and hit the gym, and Carrie Fisher needs a personal trainer to get back in shape enough to play Leia again.

Either that, or they CG them like in Tron: Legacy or like puny Steve Rogers in Captain America.

for cameos,,yes that would be good

but as lead roles? i hope not,,they need A LOT of energy for that

it hink it will be GREAT anyway,,3 years and counting:D

actually i can see them as the leads in the first new movie in wich they pass the torch to a new generation :) as theyre getting to old for this sh*t ^^ and in the 2nd and 3rd theyre either dead or mentor roles :)

if not the first movie turns out to be the story of their fall and the rise of the new generation in their place :)

As much as I love episodes 4, 5 and 6 I think I would be happy if they were not in it or had smaller linking roles.

As for Harrison Ford and killing of Han Solo I would say bad idea, if only because of the books.

Or if they went for a total reboot as Star Trek did,

come on guys,,count dooku worked fine, but hes one of a kind

three of them carrying the same movie,,that would prolly kill them,,or the movie

or would u like more guiness vs vader? no the lead roles need young blood

but cameos would be great,,even though i feel ford and fisher changed their attitude A LOT