why do some people have a problem with the gunslinger playstyle?

MasterTrunks

i actually love the cover system. you get to kick back, relax, and shoot people in the face from afar. i also feel like the cover system gives you great defenses. my commando feels way more squishier than my gunslinger does, probably because they get less defensive cds. and yes, you do lots of damage as human turrets. the term "smug tanking" became a phrase in my guild due to me always pulling agro off the tanks. i also notice that whenever there's more than one gunslinger in a party, stuff dies super fast.

I really like running dirty fighting. You won't make giant burst hits, but it's less cover dependent so you can run around more.

Not a good spec for burning down healers, but you can definitely make it harder for healers to keep the rest of the group alive, and the AOE slow is nice too. And it's very easy to top damage with dirty fighting, if you care about that sorta thing.

Edited by Stenrik

Yes, there are people who do not like to sit in one spot to deal a ton of damage. I chose playing an underpowered DPS scoundrel partly for that reason, and never play my commando pretty much for the same reason. There are those of out there who would rather be more mobile, which helps us to avoid AoEs and getting smashed because of teammates grouping up by me.

I also chose a scoundrel though because I love rogues, but I would play a dirty fighting gunslinger in a heartbeat probably