Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

CourtneyWoods

If this helps get rid of more Sentinels and Marauders, more power to you Bio! I see a lot of QQ'ing in these posts, but notice that they're either from Sentinels or Marauders!! They won't be so Op as much as they used to, them poor babies! Whine, whine, whine they do!

Are you deranged? There are like NO complaints from Sents or Maras. If I'm missing some, please go ahead and quote them.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: oh, but i like the knock back changes. At last it will need to accually TRY to use some skill, not just tap the button on Huttball and "yay i'm free".

so on the 1 map we have a greater advantage you want to change.. its not a good change at all..

These are all great changes and stuff you guys still don't want to realize what truly wrong with the game. We don't want new content. We want things that are already in the game fix. Can we get a Social Update, Like sitting in Chairs (How do you make a MMORPG like Star Wars mostly like the biggest Role-play Universe and not have the most basic concept to a MMORPG games like Sitting in Chairs, A detail Character Customization. Chat bubbles.

When you think of Star War you don't think of Human, You think of all the different Alien Races it has that is what caught our imagination.

I've only just started to enjoy playing my sorcerer after having levelled up a Sage, Scoundrel and Sentinel and I have to say, if the tweaks to classes in this patch go through, I won't be coming back.. There's just no point in believing that the developers of this game take their community input seriously when we get told things like this. They've obviously closed the doors to outside input and are just going to go about everything in their own way.

Which to be honest, is fine by me. More of my own money for me.

Edited by BennyKrak

Having read the changes, I am borderline happy/indifferent to the changes for 1.4, except for the force stun range reduction.

I have a shadow tank, and the only skills that have 30m range are force pull and force stun. Both of these have relatively long cooldowns. For warzones that have objectives where opponents have to arm/disarm/slice, I use these two skills to interrupt caps from 30m. By reducing the range of force stun to 10m, I will only have one skill that has a 30m range, and with a long cooldown (45s as compared to a knight/warrior 15s 30m charge).

As such, relative to other classes, even knights/warriors, shadows will be the most affected by the range reduction of force stun. Our ability to interrupt caps will be next to non-existent.

I know that this post will probably be ignored by most players and all BW developers, but if by any chance someone from BW do read this, kindly consider how the range reduction will have a considerable effect on shadows/assassins.

My suggestion is to keep the range of force stun to 30m, but the stun being effective only at 10m. This will be in line with the intentions of the developers, as well as allowing shadows/assassins to better emergency cap interrupt.

On further thought, correct me if i am wrong, a full infiltration specced shadow will have zero skills that can interrupt a cap from 30m in 1.4.

I play a deception based hybrid assassin Dps.

I have my black speeder i am campaign geared and I would like to see a dps increase. Either by decreasing some costs of abilities or maybe just a base increase. I find it unacceptable to be parsing versus a marauder lesser geared by far, and being beaten. by a decent margin.

I also feel that operative dps needs to be adjusted, it is kinda effed up to think man ye know if I really wanted to be dps i should have made a marauder or jug or a pt..

im not asking for us to start blowing them away but get us playing in the same ballrpark..

They just made Force Speed remove all stuns and snare and lowered the cooldown to 20s. Those are AWESOME buffs in exchange for the cone Overload.

Awesome. So if im running the huttball all i have to do is hit force speed and i cant be stopped on my way to the endzone. Cool. (not)

These are all great changes and stuff you guys still don't want to realize what truly wrong with the game. We don't want new content. We want things that are already in the game fix. Can we get a Social Update, Like sitting in Chairs (How do you make a MMORPG like Star Wars mostly like the biggest Role-play Universe and not have the most basic concept to a MMORPG games like Sitting in Chairs, A detail Character Customization. Chat bubbles.

When you think of Star War you don't think of Human, You think of all the different Alien Races it has that is what caught our imagination.

I'd take new content over "sitting in chairs" anyday, honestly. Chat bubbles would be nice, but still not as important as content IMO. :)

On that note, they could atleast get rid of the re-spec cost. We can't even re-spec to run tests on a dummy now without eventually having to pay 24K'ish.

I don't have an issue with them decreasing the cost.. But I don't think it should be free.. The entire point of having a spec isn't to change it when you do something else.. If that were the case, there would be no point to having a spec at all..

I am not against people changing their spec.. I am against it being to convenient and to painless.. :)

I don't have an issue with them decreasing the cost.. But I don't think it should be free.. The entire point of having a spec isn't to change it when you do something else.. If that were the case, there would be no point to having a spec at all..

I am not against people changing their spec.. I am against it being to convenient and to painless.. :)

You do realize that there are other consequences from re-speccing that already limits players, right? For instance, how often do you have to re-spec in the middle of something? That alone is rendering the entire convenient/painless argument moot. Add to this that pure re-specs such as dps to tank or dps to healer often require that the person swtiches gear too, or atleast for it to be optimal. It takes quite some time to get two top tier end-game sets. Hence, people re-speccing left and right wouldnt be an issue and it would definitely not have an impact on the gameplay.

I'm rolling a dps guardian for pvp purposes. I'd love dual spec to run tank for flashpoints. As it stands I simply stopped gearing for it cos the cost of swapping around is simply too prohibitive. Enjoy the longer wait times for lfg pops cos tanks are a huuuuge bottleneck in my experience. Even as a healer I've had to wait ages to get a pop, most of the time queuing as a tank it's insta pop. If BW were smart they'd get dual spec in yesterday.

Hard to say about these changes. Predictable sage/scorc qqs, despite the fact force speed is gonna be crazy good and will make up for force wave/overload quite nicely.

I guess yo uare someone who doesn't do both PvP and PvE or, if you do indeed do PvE are one of the rare people who enjoys long queue times. I am one who has heal capable 50s who might be tempted ot heal for the comms if it wasn't such a PITA to respec (cost, money, redo bars, swap gear - assuming I have it on me). And if you even remotely think that most classes have the same spec for PvE as PvP you really need to look a little harder. For those who want to do well in the game dual spec (or more) is a very high priority.

Looking at the changes I think they are bad changes for the SIth Inquisitor. Cant say for certain but they look like they will make him weaker than he was before and force him within 10 meters for a 4 second stun. Looks to me like PvE players are being punished because PvP players are spending too much time stunned.

Hard to say about these changes. Predictable sage/scorc qqs, despite the fact force speed is gonna be crazy good and will make up for force wave/overload quite nicely.

The force speed change is useless unless you get the talent buried deep in the tank (shadow) or heal (sage) tree. So dps sages are stuck just like before where stun/snare/root eliminates the run speed and as VG/Sent/Guardians have a shorter cd on their gap closer than we do on force speed, the whole change is pathetic. Make the immunity basic or at least low in the trees.

sages and sorcerers get a snare/root break plus immunity every 20 seconds? sounds a little overpowered to me and doesn't really equal the change to force stun. whether they can stun you from 30 or 10 yards the fact remains they can still stun you and then take off even after snares have been applied. and to be able to do that every 20 seconds is a little much. Edited by Danve

well, Marauders are still able to root someone for 8 entire seconds (charge + ravage + Deadly Throw) without adding a single bit to resolve. Keep it up, you're doing fine.

Assassins sure needed an extra buff. They're totally useless as they are now, right? Honestly, they are OP enough as they are now and you even increase their attack power and utility ?? As if they didn't had more than enough !

I liked the changes I saw to Sorc Healers, though 30 sec CD on that new spell might be too much (a talent on the healing tree to reduce that CD in 15 seconds would be good).

I liked the changes I saw to Sorc Healers, though 30 sec CD on that new spell might be too much (a talent on the healing tree to reduce that CD in 15 seconds would be good).

A completely free selfheal every 15 sec would be "good"? I'd hate to see what you classify as "great" tbh.

Edited by aeterno

Alrighty, just read 35 pages of qq, about to chime in myself.

First off, I'm predominantly a pvper, and know more about that, and a sage (ftw), and know more about that. I run a dps 0-23-18 tk/balance hybrid, just to throw that out there.

To pve'rs saying things along the lines off "Oh Em Geee BW y u nerf pve 4 pvp whinerz??" and don't give a specific reason, i have no time for you. I also pve and these don't seem like a big deal, but I'm no expert.

My thoughts on various sage changes for pvp:

-Force wave change from 360 animation lag KB to 120 degree kb: honestly, this sucks, why limit it at all? Nobody complains, its a moderate kb at best, and trust me, I fully intend to hit everyone in that 360 radius.

-force stun now a 10m range: mixed feelings here, mostly about huttball. While the fear of being stunned in the fire by a faraway sorc is lessened, I can't do that anymore either, which blows, that and force wave were my two tools for fire kills, and they are pretty much both gone.

-force speed now 20s cd: great, and if it stacks with TK effusion, better! I would take that anyways for obvious force conservation reasons. However, I was reading this thread, and somewhere I spotted someone say that shadows might have the capability to spec into a 5s cd on force speed. That combined with resilience just screams oh my God for huttball. Seriously just think about that for a second.

-force mend and its specced talent for more healing: great, 30s cd, I'll just chuck that up on cd I suppose. It just really angers me that instead of a dedicated cd for a flat damage reduction over a fixed time period, we get this "moderate" heal. Very disappointing with the absence of a dedicated defensive cooldown.

-Kinetic collapse cc now no longer breaks on dmg: great, love it, no longer worthless resolve filler.

-mental alacrity change: don't care, don't use it

-"Fadeout/Egress has been redesigned. Now causes Force Speed to remove all roots and snares and grant immunity to roots and snares for the duration." when I first read this, I was ecstatic. Beyond happy. Everything I was dreaming for in this patch, finally, thank God, immunity from cc during the duration of force speed. But wait, what's that? Its a healing specced talent? When I got over the initial "removes all roots and snares..." and read that, I was furious. Dps sages are the worst dps class in rwz comps by far; so many times have I wanted to take my main, my dps sage, into rateds, and been asked to take my guardian tank in much worse gear instead. Compared to other healers, seer sages perform excellently given a skilled player, but dps sages get focused and demolished by players of equal skill and gear, and it just angered me that the very best buff the sages got was to healers.

If I made some mistake or left something out, I just read 35 fing pages and I'm not checking.

oh and force wave change sucks

Why do these images look 15 times better than what the game looks like? Heh...
Someone here in the forums is using a pretty funny signature on that topic. It goes something like:

The graphics settings we should have:

*Low

*Medium

*Advertisment picture quality

It's spot on because Very High isnt nowhere near the graphics in the pics they post in their news articles.

So Sorcs/Sages, who have the lowest DPS in PVE, don't get a buff for damage?

I like to apologize for that for being one of perhaps 3 sorcs/sages on my current server who still produce on an UP class. The three of us, and the perhaps 50 in total across all servers, are obviously used as some reference by BW while they're totally ignoring the 99 % who average 100K dps/game in games where the top dps is 500K. Working as intended.

Edited by MidichIorian