Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

I appologize if I missed the answer to my question somewhere among these 90+ pages, but i was wondering when it comes my servers turn to transfer and my characters transfer i do realize if a character with the same name exists I will have to rename, however my question is do inactive (unsubbed and no play time left) accounts on the destination server count. I know from other games when merges occured it was annoying to find out my name was on some long dead account that never played again (because I added them to friends). So I am curious if on the destination server if only the active subscribed account character names count and if so it would then make those unsubbed rename if they reactivated someday?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY im not bannned from site any more.....so any wayz i think that bioware should of had 5 planets with like no pop transfer to the fatman on east coast...just transfer all toons ever made there is not like they will ever really log since some quit the game.....server merges great 2 merge 100 servers together all pvp servers together to like the fatman or to another pvp server....merge all the pve server together...thats what i would do and at the end of the day there woulf be around 2 servers in each region of the us and 2 language in EU one would be pve and the other pvp as easy as that......no one cares about pve-pvp servers they are just dumb...lol

Because people have playstyles that differ from yours, ThreeFeathers. Some of us become emotionally attached to one or two characters (mains) and can't easily part with them. Some people like to discover every last pattern, obtain every last datacron and explore every last corner of the map on one character. That "completionist" playthrough is no fun more than once. These are just two examples of reasons; there are many more.

I have rerolled on The Fatman and Jedi Covanent....I play my 50 for like 3 hours a day on Corillian run enough to get her daily pvp done...(has to be done at night)....and Frankly I have just gotten bored rerolling alot....so Im waiting in Limbo....Pls hurry Bio-ware.

YAY im not bannned from site any more.....so any wayz i think that bioware should of had 5 planets with like no pop transfer to the fatman on east coast...just transfer all toons ever made there is not like they will ever really log since some quit the game.....server merges great 2 merge 100 servers together all pvp servers together to like the fatman or to another pvp server....merge all the pve server together...thats what i would do and at the end of the day there woulf be around 2 servers in each region of the us and 2 language in EU one would be pve and the other pvp as easy as that......no one cares about pve-pvp servers they are just dumb...lol

well said for a 6 year old

I appologize if I missed the answer to my question somewhere among these 90+ pages, but i was wondering when it comes my servers turn to transfer and my characters transfer i do realize if a character with the same name exists I will have to rename, however my question is do inactive (unsubbed and no play time left) accounts on the destination server count. I know from other games when merges occured it was annoying to find out my name was on some long dead account that never played again (because I added them to friends). So I am curious if on the destination server if only the active subscribed account character names count and if so it would then make those unsubbed rename if they reactivated someday?

Why wouldn't they count?

People take breaks from games and come back, you moved to a server where that name was taken its only right you should have to rename, inactive or not.

You should however be able to find your friends that have had to rename easily and they you using in game mechanics, with little fuss something else I think Bioware hasn't considered.

what im gonna do when i can transfer my toons is if my name is already taken by me...which it is ill just do something like add a last name to the name. for example..... Skylaa ' Rachimiel or Andyman ' Rachimiel....something like that its my middle name.... just do something like that than u dont lose ur name....use something unique that you have in ur family or something...its like adding a last or middle name to your character in swtor. Edited by skyknightandy

Hey Just asking afor a quick heads up...

will you guys make it possiable so we can transfer to a server we want to go to or is this it?

it's not a ***** or some lets have a go at bioware, I just wanted to know or do i consider those 3 lvl 50's a waste of time and forget about them?

I would however be kinda pee'd off if there gone... but not playing on a dead sever anymore and don't want to be put where someone else wants me to go ... i am after all paying for this game...should we at least get some say in this.

Why wouldn't they count?

People take breaks from games and come back, you moved to a server where that name was taken its only right you should have to rename, inactive or not.

You should however be able to find your friends that have had to rename easily and they you using in game mechanics, with little fuss something else I think Bioware hasn't considered.

Many MMOs have a function where you can petition to have a name of an inactive unlocked if they have been inactive for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure if Bioware does this or not, but you could submit a ticket and find out. And they wouldn't count because they are no longer paying customers. Most MMOs will not delete your characters even after a long time of inactivity, but would be well within their rights to do so, and certainly could take your name, flagging your character for renaming if you reactivate.

Hey Just asking afor a quick heads up...

will you guys make it possiable so we can transfer to a server we want to go to or is this it?

it's not a ***** or some lets have a go at bioware, I just wanted to know or do i consider those 3 lvl 50's a waste of time and forget about them?

I would however be kinda pee'd off if there gone... but not playing on a dead sever anymore and don't want to be put where someone else wants me to go ... i am after all paying for this game...should we at least get some say in this.

Letting people go where they want would be unlikely to fix the problem of dead servers. The point of targeted transfers is to balance the population. If you want a say as to where you go besides a not dead server, you will most likely have to pay for it a later date. Which is not unreasonable.

I really dont care if i wait 30 min to log in to servers just give us free will and let us transfer where we want. we pay each month for this ****. i have 3 lvl 50's thats on a dead server and cant transfer where i want. :mad:

Please sort this i want to go to THE RED ECLIPSE

Letting people go where they want would be unlikely to fix the problem of dead servers. The point of targeted transfers is to balance the population. If you want a say as to where you go besides a not dead server, you will most likely have to pay for it a later date. Which is not unreasonable.

That is why they should have done mergers to consolidate servers and launch a pay transfer. I would have been happy if they shut down the servers they were merging to get it done. This is nuts.

I really dont care if i wait 30 min to log in to servers just give us free will and let us transfer where we want. we pay each month for this ****. i have 3 lvl 50's thats on a dead server and cant transfer where i want. :mad:

Please sort this i want to go to THE RED ECLIPSE

Maybe you don't but most of us would like standard to high pop servers with little to no queue times. Letting people go where they want would be a disaster right now. Once the servers are balanced, a paid unrestricted transfer option would be fine. And people whining like this on the forums is the reason BW made the last bonehead decision that created all these dead servers to begin with. And finally, you're $15 a month entitles you to play this game on BW's servers, thats really about it. Anything else they give you is their discretion.

I really hope BW gets this fix done soon or ill be looking for some other LAN Game to play :confused::confused::mad:

The maintenance earlier was for the fix. It's only morning in Austin now so have patience young grasshoppa.

what im gonna do when i can transfer my toons is if my name is already taken by me...which it is ill just do something like add a last name to the name. for example..... Skylaa ' Rachimiel or Andyman ' Rachimiel....something like that its my middle name.... just do something like that than u dont lose ur name....use something unique that you have in ur family or something...its like adding a last or middle name to your character in swtor.

I already thought of that, I do expect my names to be taken.

I'd happily pay right now if it mean t i could go to Where my other Toons are on The Red Eclipse.

The amount of friends and guildies... and even the odd Special Citizen aka window licker have left Kellian Jarro due to it bening a ghost town(station) well lets put it this way the republic station has more tumble weeds than players.

so yes i'd love to pay, lets do this

I'd happily pay right now if it mean t i could go to Where my other Toons are on The Red Eclipse.

The amount of friends and guildies... and even the odd Special Citizen aka window licker have left Kellian Jarro due to it bening a ghost town(station) well lets put it this way the republic station has more tumble weeds than players.

so yes i'd love to pay, lets do this

They will wait till after this free transfer process to start rolling out paid transfers.

Many did reroll only to find that server died too.

Contrary to some peoples beliefs most people don't like wasting their time rerolling over and over again because their server died, they were expecting to be able to move their characters where they wished and continue playing.

Bioware didn't deliver this, and because they didn't I can only see things getting worse as many that placed their trust and faith in them to get this sorted and stuck it out will just quit, aggrivating the problem further.

Ultimately its bad management and appauling design that's plagued this game from the outset and its got to stop.

I have to agree. 100%