Combat Error Text Turned Off

Shalymar

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed & bump

Also wish to disable 2 sounds.

1. clicking sound when you hit an ability that fails to activate or cant activate.

2. clicking sound it makes when any ability activates.

Part of the same contributing negative impact on the total game experience.

Signed. This is a major gameplay experience detractor for me. Everytime I play, I'm annoyed by it. I can't help but be, it's in the middle of my freakin face. I prioritize my ability usage through macros so error text generation is unavoidable. Please let me move it or turn it off. Thanks.

they talked about this is this weeks q/a. at least working on it is better then silence. btw, i understand a lot of people do use 3rd party macros. but don't tell them. and sure as hell don't broadcast that it is why you want these disabled. unless you never want to see them disabled of course.

Hey everyone!

Please see this week's Community Q&A, where Damion Schubert, Principal Lead Systems Designer, addresses this community request:

Asphen: Can we get an option to turn off the combat error text in the center of my screen?

Damion (Principal Lead Systems Designer): We will be looking at adding the ability to move and/or turn off banner text and error text (the two kinds of text that appear in the middle of your screen) as part of the GUI customization system in a future patch. This isn't a trivial issue, however - in some cases, fairly vital information is given to the player here, and we'd need to be sure that in these cases the text gets rerouted someplace for a player to review. So short form, yeah, we're thinking about it, but no ETA for you at this time.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i played my jedi for about an hour right after 1.2 i was excited to get into the legacy stuff, unfortunately i opened the tab once for a quick look then had to kill a mob.

I always hated the red text but the new 'beep' associated with it just makes me insane. I don't even like having fly text on, then this happened. Whether it happens 10 times in 1 second, or 1 time in 10 hours, I don't want it. I understand it conveys information, but believe when i tell you, i don't need it, nor have I ever.

Considering cancelling my account, i haven't even felt like logging in (and haven't) since then b/c it ruined my favorite character. But if this keeps up there would be no point in paying for something i don't use.

SOLUTION

For those pro's out there, there is a temporary solution just Alt+Z and it will all go away, unfortunately I mean all but hey no more red text while in combat and you can look at the pretty picture :D

• 2 weeks later...
Let me add my displeasure with your latest pathetic implementation. The new beeping sound is so far beyond annoying. The red text must go. The beeping must go. With so many new games coming out the last thing you jokers want to be doing is pissing off your existing customer base.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Bioware all we need is an option to turn off the red spam... If i get credit spam email one click and its taken care of, but if I get endless Bioware spam there is nothing i can do to get rid of it...

This really REALLY detracts from the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am extremely surprised that after so many months they didn't added that option yet!!! I subscribed after so long and this thing make my character unplayable..

I use keybinds and I look always on center of the screen, all I see is a terrible spam taking out from me the enjoyable of the battle..

the worst game in the world that will release now will have that option! I am not surprised why the game lost so many people...this things are must-have super simple for any MMO

Greetings everyone!

We greatly appreciate that this is an important issue for the community. We also want your feedback and discussion. Since there is a more active thread on this topic and in the interest of keeping everyone's opinions, feedback and requests in a more accessible manner, we are going to close this thread. We ask that you please continue this discussion here:

Please note that this topic is also addressed in our Community Q&A Blog for March 30th, 2012:

Asphen: Can we get an option to turn off the combat error text in the center of my screen?

Damion (Principal Lead Systems Designer): We will be looking at adding the ability to move and/or turn off banner text and error text (the two kinds of text that appear in the middle of your screen) as part of the GUI customization system in a future patch. This isn't a trivial issue, however - in some cases, fairly vital information is given to the player here, and we'd need to be sure that in these cases the text gets rerouted someplace for a player to review. So short form, yeah, we're thinking about it, but no ETA for you at this time.

Thank you for your understanding!