PvP skill rotation for damage

jneim

I feel like all our damage output is standing still because of channeling which normally gets me killed. Just trying to feel out what kinda rotation you guys are using right now. Sometimes i'll do really good and other times I'll get out 1v1'ed by people 6 levels below me.

For the most part if you roll with others and kinda stay back you should be doing a ton of damage.

My rotation is:

Explosive Dart

Tracer Missile spam x 5

Rail Shot

Fusion Missile

Unload or Power Shot - unload seems to do more damage

This is for 1 vs 1 situation. With more players you want to use your CC (electro dart) as needed.

Gotcha rotation was alittle different then that. But around the same lines, I tend to see close to the same damage with unload and power shot as well but when power crits it def is nice lol..

Also do you run in the problem where your unload animation sticks in warzones? Not sure if its just me or others having same issue.

Have not seen that. I am only level 22 so far all points are in Arsenal. There seems to be a lot of skills oriented around unload higher up in the tree - not sure if those are worth it or not but in PvP unload seems to be a nice finisher for me right now if I even need to use it because most opponents are all ready dead at that point lol.

For the most part if you roll with others and kinda stay back you should be doing a ton of damage.

My rotation is:

Explosive Dart

Tracer Missile spam x 3-5

Rail Shot (as much as possible ie. whenever it comes off cooldown)

Fusion Missile

Unload (statistically better than power shot, which tracer missile should replace for arsenal specs anyways)

This is for 1 vs 1 situation. With more players you want to use your CC (electro dart) as needed.

I would totally agree with this, but this is assuming a target standing still waiting to get crapped on. Basically, I try to avoid my regular blasters as much as possible, unless I am overheated and without vent...which means soon to be dead or kiting. One thing I find myself doing a lot is trying to notice when people are tired of getting beat on and try to run. Normally I'll try to pop a dart/fusion missile for that occasion, just to keep the DoT on while casting my instant missile spam.

This is the problem i'm seeing alot is for us to add up any amount of damage we must be still and with line of sight being very sensitive in this game having melee's running around like crazy people I feel like we are at a very large disadvantage.. And kiting is horrible since they have a god damn 50 yard jump stun bs..

Also do you run in the problem where your unload animation sticks in warzones? Not sure if its just me or others having same issue.

Yep , i had this allot in warzones.

Its really annoying lol :)

I must say that it's pretty hard to do allot of damage in warzones with all those jedi's jumping around and running around pillars.

And thats because of the fact that we have to stand still while using most of our skills.

Well kiting is simple even with their jump stuns. Nothing is greater then seeing them jump charge you only to meet them with a rocket punch that send them back a few yards, electro darting rapid shotting back tracer spam when he closes in again jet boosting and continuing to **** on him lol. I never have a problem with melee 1v1 just 1v2 lol

I was doing Warzones last night and was wondering similar. In PvE I also have similar interests, however, as the target is stationary and not as painful, its not as important.

At level 27 I feel like half of my abilities don't have quite the use they did at lower levels and were basically fillers until the higher tiered abilities came along. I like to keep my primary used abilities to withint 5-6 for comfort of keybinds (personally) so in considering the top 5-6 damage dealing abilities, what would that be?

I don't count offensive and defensive cooldowns or cc's as I have keybinds set aside for those. I'm speaking purely damage dealing.

At level 27 I feel like half of my abilities don't have quite the use they did at lower levels and were basically fillers until the higher tiered abilities came along. I like to keep my primary used abilities to withint 5-6 for comfort of keybinds (personally) so in considering the top 5-6 damage dealing abilities, what would that be?QUOTE]

Im also at level 27, and i have these keybinds:

(2, 3 and 4 are my main damage dealers)

1: Rapid Shots

2: Tracer missile

3: Unload

4: Rail Shot

These are the skills i use on single target fights.

Then i have some melee skills bound on:

5: Rocket punch

6: jet Boost

And aoe abilities on:

7: Death from above

8: Explosive dart

9: Sweeping Blasters

0: Fusion Missile

Buttons 5 to 0 are used on my Razor Naga.

Edited by Harryshort

Mercs in particular are great at using the environment as well to kill enemies so dont always think you have to **** a brick on them.

One of my favorite things to do is Jet boost them into the acid pit and stun them so they die similarly with the fire.

Just having situation awareness is HUGE and knowing what skills to use when.

I am level 25 and I did 185k dps granted that wasnt the highest but it was my person best and I only died once simply because I used my brain (hard for em to do).

I went for the squishy ranged DPS like sorcerers etc when they were focused ona nd ally I would:

Tracer Missile x3

Railshot

Unload

(by here I normally needed to stun so electro dart)

Tracer missile

Rapid shots

They were usually dead by this time from my own efforts and my allies also chipping in.

If you want DPS when the enemy bunches up:

DFA

Fusion Missile

Explosive dart

sweeping blasters

By this time I was oomed with heat so I vented.

I picked that order because you want to DFA before they alls catter as it does the most dps. If they still were there fusion missile would DOT them. Explosive dart would aoe, blasters as well and up to 5.

Just always make sure your on the move even when spamming tracer missile (unless in iminent threat).

NEVER Tracer missile up close as the channeling leaves you squatting (literally) and vulnerable to interrupt stun, choke, spank, stun, death