Bioware developers and QA-Dept. Are you awake? Fix your game.

Nice to see some constructive feedback from you sir.

I though i was pretty patient for 4 hours this evening wiping on soa´s missing platforms. But to keep in tone with your comment, have you, as an MMO veteran, not been having any issues on SOA nightmare? Or have you, as an MMO veteran, not done him yet?

Have I done him? No, do I want to? Meh.

My comment is related to your inability to see this as a general MMO issue (Did you raid in WoW?) and something that takes a little bit to fix. I can see you are pissed after 4 hours, so here is a peice of advice, take a break. PvP? Level an Alt?

It was you and your peeps decision to beat your heads against a wall for early content wins. This is the price you pay, you will get no pity from me or Vets like me. :cool:

Not at all. Having been a beta tester for many months prior to release, I'm happy to see what the game has become. I'm unhappy to see unrealistic expectations based on a game that is light-years (no pun intended) ahead of previous MMO releases in terms of bugs and software issues.

I agree it was a very solid launch.

What i dont agree with is bugged content, that bioware knows is not working, knonws that they have patched it, and with just 30mins internal testing knowing it to be still bugged after patch and the patch after that.

Axtor, just so you don't feel like your the only one.

My whole guild has the same point of view you do.

I give it 1 or 2 more weeks until my raiding group falls apart and moves on due to bugs growing so annoying.

As for the guy that said take time and do something else while they fix the bugs (i.e. PVP or level an alt).....First of all PVP in SWTOR right now...ugh do I dare stab my eyes out...and leveling an alt, sure when no one else is on and I'm bored....But the whole reason to level to 50 is to experience end game or "ugh" PVP. Those of us who like to raid with friends are finding it very frustrating.

At the end of the day...Bioware/EA had a fantastic oppurtunity to grab a large market of the MMORPG gamers, with such a large following of Star Wars fans (much like WoW had a large following of Warcraft fans). Needless to say the only thing keeping this game alive is those with hope still left things will get better. When that hope starts to fade so will this game. All we are saying is that hope is fading...fast. Not for 1 or 2 of us, but for a very large population that still play this game.

I am also disappointed with the amount of bugs in this game, i really thought bioware will release stable quality game considering their name and amount of money they invested.

But ok, every mmo start is like this i thought to myself, and was hoping that next month they will remove all most annoying bugs and then started to work on end game boss balancing and bug fixes... but almost 2 months passed and i have feeling they are now fixing lvl 30 stuff that nobody needs, and end game is left unchecked.

This is not the first MMO out there, it shouldnt need 2 years to become playable, especially since everyone knew upfront what are expectations of this game.

I just wish we finally start to see come changes with every patch, and not just to put 10 lines of text, with tabs going to middle of page, triple spacing between every line, double spacing between every word, titles in double the font just so it looks bigger...

M.

I'm a member of Axtor's guild - Singularity, also I used to be employed as a full time QA tester, considering the stuff we've been seeing, Bioware's internal QA are either incredibly stupid, or just non existent. Bugs are both obvious enough and consistent enough to easily be reported and should have been fixed in early testing. We should not be waiting for these sorts of issues to be fixed 8 weeks AFTER release.

Yes I fully understand that MMOs have extremely complicated systems at work, which can generate an incredible amount of random, extremely hard to reproduce issues - this does not apply to the stuff we've been experiencing on a regular basis.

I won't even touch the subject of PVP !!

I'd also like to make another point - this is not some unknown 3rd world country developer, whose employees get paid a cup of rice per week, developing the next WoW clone.

This game combines one of the greatest brands EVER - Star Wars, known world-wide for over 3 decades, with one of the greatest developers - Bioware, which has been consistently delivering great games for over a decade.

How on EARTH did both Lucas and Bioware let this happen, considering they had plenty of cash to spend - $200-300mil. To put that into perspective - Titanic ( the movie ) had a $200mil budget. Avatar - $300mil budget, Grand Theft Auto 4 ( most expensive video game till now ) - $100mil - all 3 of these being large scale projects, employing hundreds ( if not thousands ) of people around the world.

I do very much like the game and I do very much hope that Bioware will find a way to optimize their work flow and provide speedier fixes.

Have I done him? No, do I want to? Meh.

My comment is related to your inability to see this as a general MMO issue (Did you raid in WoW?) and something that takes a little bit to fix. I can see you are pissed after 4 hours, so here is a peice of advice, take a break. PvP? Level an Alt?

It was you and your peeps decision to beat your heads against a wall for early content wins. This is the price you pay, you will get no pity from me or Vets like me. :cool:

This game is released with many bugs. Bioware needed time to fix them, fine. With the recent patch they are supposed 'fix' some issues. They didnt, which is fine, but why the fark are they introducing more game breaking bugs?

PVP? your're kidding me. They just spoilt illum again, and wz are queued with more than 8 ppl exploit

My point. Bioware should just stop fixing bugs, since they will only make it worse by introducing more...

edit: And stop trolling if you havent done soa. BW just made it worst and did not fix what they listed in the notes.

Edited by eGGiSM

By the time they fix things it'll be too late.

Pylons are newly bugged each week... after resetting 4 times tonight we gave up. One of our raiders literally uninstalled after tonight. This is a group that has been running since 2-3 weeks after pre-launch.

Lots of us had high hopes for this game... oh well.

I am also disappointed with the amount of bugs in this game, i really thought bioware will release stable quality game considering their name and amount of money they invested.

I don't know if you've played many bioware games before, but their games have historically had MANY bugs, many of which NEVER get fixed and are fixed only by their ardent fans with unofficial fan patches (for instance, the dragon age haste bug has gone unfixed from release till NOW, and is only fixed by a fan patch). This time, however, their fans cannot bail them out any longer, since this is an MMO and not a single player game, and to add insult to injury it isn't even very moddable - even the UI can't be modded.

Axtor you're aren't alone in your thoughts man. It took us forever to even start the nightmare mode Soa fight, due to the fact that the only ring in the entire room was the one he was sitting on. People want to sit here and say our expectations for a game that isn't so buggy is completely ludicrous. I agree that you cant expect every bug to be fixed at mach 10 speed, or everything to be completely polished. But actually fixing the problems they set out to fix would be a great start for them. My Guild has been very patient in attempting to work around the bugs in the Operations, although sometimes it isn't impossible just very hard, we shouldn't have to constantly be fighting through bugs to down content. People also want to sit here and act like we have no patience and we are just hating on Bioware and being unrealistic in wanting bugs fixed. Well tell me this, isn't us fighting through all the bugs to clear the content show that we are giving it a chance? If we were completely fed up with bugs, we wouldn't be continuing....

End game is broken and bugged.

But we take the servers down for a PvP bug.

My guild waisted a good 2 hours yesterday on SOA.

Not because he's so hard ....

BUT HE'S FREAKING BUGGED LIKE HELL

The most worrying part is, they patch a bug and tell us something is fixed.

But it isen't ... instead something new is broken (aswell)...

Edited by Bobiefatt

And also, regarding submitting bugs to bioware. you know how many tickets they would actually get?

Enough to help them see what's bugging you? I work in the software industry, and I absolutely hate it when customers secretly whine about problems, instead of reporting them. They won't be fixed all at once, but do get them into the system! It's probably best to keep to the things discovered since the 1.1.2 update though.

End game is broken and bugged.

But we take the servers down for a PvP bug.

My guild waisted a good 2 hours yesterday on SOA.

Not because he's so hard ....

BUT HE'S FREAKING BUGGED LIKE HELL

The most worrying part is, they patch a bug and tell us something is fixed.

But it isen't ... instead something new is broken (aswell)...

Let's hope they get around to improving testing/design for testability and so on.

However, they need to make it easier for us testing things, as it is nearly impossible to anticipate the bug-finding powers of a vast gaming population. The game simply has to be tested by many in the end. I hope the character transfer possibility they talked about recently, or some other testing facilitator, will surface soon, so the PTS can be put to more use.

Edited by JohanGill

If you would like to report a bug, please use the in-game Customer Service system.

Seriously how hard is it to hire some people as gm's... that support is a joke. sometimes you wait hours (what i am saying.. days) to get a copy & paste response which is totally out of context.

Reporting the "bugged chests" gave me that response: You wanna make an item restoration please type "seesaw"... no i dont wanna *********** make an item restoration..

I'm sorry. That made me laugh. Not because I don't feel bad for you (I really do), but I was totally not expecting that sentence to end that way.

"when I enter my story area/instance, I get stuck and can't move" or

"when I enter my story area/instance, the boss is bugged and resets right before I kill him"

Was expecting something like that.

Anyways, that sucks. It seems like more and more people are leaving for one reason or another. My friend who I started with is probably not resubbing this month. He got to 50, but said the cities and planets feel kinda dead...lifeless to him. He liked the game, had fun levelling, but it just doesn't feel alive to him so he's going back to the game we used to play (not WoW).

Yep, there has been cases where you instantly die without being in combat. Travelling with speeder to the EV lavalake boss springs into mind. (I dont know if thats fixed yet, I doubt it considering that old bugs seem to resurface after couple patches. Its like Bioware doesnt keep track properly of the latest revision. )

In some cases Bioware has almost managed to fix some bugs, but it seems that operations are the very bottom of the barrel.

It sure would help if Bioware took some time to test a patch with multiple solutions released at same time, instead of taking the servers down every couple days to introduce a minor patch which has a chance to break more than it fixes. Go back to one patch per week, and only deviate if theres an emergency patch thats either fixing a gamebreaker to most players or fixing an exploit. Haste makes waste.

Edited by Karkais

You are aware that no serious raider has a lvl 50 character on the test server because there is no NPC that makes you lvl 50 or allows you to copy your main over?

what does this have to do with anything? are you seriously trying to say the reason the game is buggy is because the players don't test it? I don't know whether to laugh or weep for humanity..

Most of the bugs we are facing today have been known since beta and instead of fixing them - new ones have been introduced.

Scour the forums. I have never seen MMO forums full of threads "List of bugs about game system X"

[Current Bug List] Crew Skills

Master bug list for all heroics/flashpoints/operations:

** Definitive PvP Bug List **

*** Ultimate Bug list : Check here for known bugs and possible workarounds ***

Complete jedi shadow/sith assassin bug list

Bug List

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I bet if i come back after the next 3 MMOs are released this game will still be plagued by the same bugs as today.

Hopefully this will be a lesson for future MMO developers that nomatter how great your licence is if your dont fix silly clear issues prior to release you will loose your thunder fast and once that is lost its going to be a steep hill to get it back, if you ever can.

The race to release before christmas now looks folly, sure we have hindsight now but as I say a lesson for future.

Despawing bosses, pvp wins not counting are really very deep issues not to mention the trival issues like not beeing able to link all types of gear in chat and dropping grey quests, how did they get through?

I love MMOs and I love SW (was the first film I ever saw at the pictures in 1977 I was 6 and my grandfather snoored all the way throught it, incredible bless him) but for me this game feels too raw. Not really sure if my mind has taken a fonder recollection of other mmos in the past at launch but I dont remember the good ones being this bad.

I have tried I have two 50s and a few at lv 30odd, raided the two raids but I work full time and when I get home I dont really want to have to deal with problems which are out of my control to fix, my free time is too precious. Sad really I wanted to like this

I speak too as a member of Singularity. We spent one whole night just trying to beat the friggin bugged pylons and another 4 hours the next day trying to kill SOA NM mode. Every single time we would either encounter invisible lightning balls, platforms gone, falling through and reappearing, and Aggro resets. SOA is a joke.

Anyone else complaining that this is how it works, dont even bother posting here untill you've had a shot at him.

I haven't run SOA but the bug your facing sounds really stupid and I feel for you. I'm having problems with the loot system being broken and its rather frustrating aswell. But i'm not going to sit here and condemn Bioware for having bugs, it is a new game and **** is going to go wrong. I think of an MMO as a human; Living and functioning as a regular person should, then we get sick or injured (in-game bugs). Now we all know we get sick from time to time or somehow injure yourself, we take medicine (minor patches) to dull the effects of whatever we are suffering but sometimes that medicine as bad side-effects (more bugs). For while we just wait it out hoping for our body (Bioware) to fix itself. We can't make ourselves instantly healthy again everything takes time nor am I saying that your or my bug isn't something that shouldn't be fixed or ignored, all I'm saying is that there are many problems going to come up we just need to be patient for them to fix it. This game has great potential and I'm sure you've enjoyed other aspects of the game other than raiding, so I don't think you should un-sub just due to a bug that might even be fixed next week. Anyhow; goodluck on your raids, I hope you get lots of shinny loot and you can beat him even with the existing bugs. :D

OP,

Let me start by saying, I feel your pain. We have been trying to work through 16m EV NMM this week for the first time, and the bugs are maddeningly frustrating. We had to stop Tuesday because we got the "last wheel needs 1 turn, locks up" bug on pylons, then we couldnt seem to reset the instance, no matter what we tried, so we went to bed.

Last night SOAs problems plagued us. Missing platforms, the new dropping agro, the new "destroy the pylons on his way down doesnt reduce his super nuke charge" etc etc.

Next, let me state that I am a professional software developer. I have worked on a large client server system which is periodically and fairly frequently updated, which is in many ways similar to an MMO system, for the past decade.

That said, I really do not think the problem is the QA department. The testers have found these bugs. They are glaringly obvious, easy to reproduce, and occur frequently. Moreover, they have been reported by umpteen end users. The development team is aware of these bugs.

The bugs arent being fixed in a timely manner due to business decisions. That is, Project Management is prioritizing what should be worked on, and when. These bugs that are plaguing us, in the minds of the project managers, are either too costly or dont generate enough of a potential revenue loss to warrant fixing right now.

TL;DR - testers are not idiots, these bugs have been reported, other things are "more important" to work on in the business manager's judgement.

Finally killed Nightmare Soa 8man last night after 4 hours of attempts.

It felt like we just rolled dice until we won. The fight is so bugged that you have to basically pray that events happen as they are intended and in a favorable order to win. There is no way this is intended.

Bioware, you have 14 days to fix your game before you lose my subscription AND my Mass Effect 3 preorder.

TL;DR - testers are not idiots, these bugs have been reported, other things are "more important" to work on in the business manager's judgement.

Having worked in QA in the video game industry, I agree. However, QA does have some pull by saying, "We ABSOLUTELY cannot let this go live."

And the bottom line is, sometimes they report bugs as being fixed in the patch notes, when in reality nothing has changed with the bug or it's bugged in some new way.

The fault of that is on the whole company. (Not individual testers, but the team as a whole.)

After posting in this thread last night I realized how unbelievably unhappy I've been with the game. I was REALLY looking forward to raiding last night, but the bugs made it impossible. Most of my fun was hanging out with my guild, and I can do that without paying $15 a month.